Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmsnews.net domain has expired

.com works fine,will it get fixed doug?
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

I intentionally let jmsnews.net expire because I wasn't using it (the offical domain is jmsnews.com). After thinking about it some more, I have decided to renewed jmsnews.net just as a security measure (e.g., prevent someone from setting up another site at that domain).

I originally used jmsnews.net as a staging domain when I moved over to the new server. For awhile, the archive was running on jmsnews.com and the forums at jmsnews.net (each on different machines). Once the migration was complete, I switched everything over to jmsnews.com.

I'm curious, how did you notice jmsnews.net had expired?

-DougO

Comment

I noticed, too. I've had .net bookmarked ever since you announced that it was going to be where the forums were during the server switch. I switched back and forth for a while to check the archives when there were some issues with searching but pretty much stuck with .net once they were both running. Lazy, I guess. I think you're smart to keep both registered as a security measure.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I also had JMSNews.net bookmarked and when I went to that page yesterday it came up with the message that the name had/was expiring.
        I switched back to .com and everything was fine.
        Joan

Comment

I also had JMSNews.net bookmarked and since I never knew about JMSNews.com it was a problem for me (until I managed to find link to JMSNews.com at some other site).

Comment

I apologize for the confusion. I didn't realize anyone was using jmsnews.net to reference the site. That domain is back now, however I suggest switching your bookmarks over to jmsnews.com.

Thanks,

-DougO

Comment

Working...
            X