X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by DougO
    That's a bit short. I have increased the max size of a private message to 10,000 characters. This should (hopefully) eliminate the need to break up long messages.

-DougO
    Thanks so much! That'll be much more convenient.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ariake
    replied
    Originally posted by DougO
    That's a bit short. I have increased the max size of a private message to 10,000 characters. This should (hopefully) eliminate the need to break up long messages.

-DougO
    Awesome, DougO!!! You are the best!

Leave a comment:

• DougO
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I think PMs cut off at 1000 characters so long messages have to get broken up.

-DougO

Leave a comment:

• Ariake
    replied
    Originally posted by Towelmaster
    WOW! A flame on JMSNEWS! Incredible.

I was just wondering; DougO is perfectly able to object to a posting addressed to him. So why do other people respons for him?
    Well, it was never intended as a flame... but it looks like it turned into a nuclear winter. But, I'm okay now. I think everyone else is okay now... so can we go back to being one big happy family???

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Towelmaster

I was just wondering; DougO is perfectly able to object to a posting addressed to him. So why do other people respons for him?
    Like now??

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Many thanks to Doug O for all the hard work he has put in, correcting the awful intrusion into our happy (though sometimes heated) community.

BIG UP DOUG O

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Omaha, Omaha...you're not supposed to grad me in public!
    Jan
    Er... Is that something like leveling up?

FP

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Silver Surfer was an avatar, ya know. Silver guy. Rode a flying surfboard. Rebelled against his evil master.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    *grads Jan's hand, takes a microphone, and begins singing "Kumbaya"*
    Omaha, Omaha...you're not supposed to grad me in public!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    *grads Jan's hand, takes a microphone, and begins singing "Kumbaya"*

Leave a comment:

• Ariake
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    Ariake, if you want intelligent commentary, I would point out that "supposed to be" was the trigger phrase that gave me my view. Those words implied assumptions and expectations (so yes, you *did* imply that). Not "since" - since is a conjunctive word and doesn't really carry any meaning by itself. "... since it's been a while?" would have slid by me like a cool breeze with nary a thought or ruffled feather.
    So noted. It had been noted to me earlier that "since" was the word, thus my response to the word since. In regards to "supposed to be," yes I did make an assumption based upon a previous statement. If you were to tell me that you were going to be at a friend's house at 6pm, and at 9pm your friend calls you to ask "What's up? You were supposed to be here at 6," I don't think would have said, "You're not paying me to be there, you don't own me, so don't talk to me like that?" You would have said, "My car broke down," or "Aw, sorry man, I forgot," or something to that affect. You get my point?

I probably went off the handle a little because this has been an excrutiatingly miserable work for me both at home and at work. I just finished my work week, and still have 10 hours of work to do to get ready to leave town and only 45 minutes at the time of this writing to do it all in. So, you could say I am a little stressed. So, if I overreacted, I am sorry. And yes, I do blow up from time to time, but it is very rare. Also, I am extremelly picky (normally) as to what I do with my time online, I am usually in site development and participate rarely in online discussions, as I typically don't have need to do so. I, generally, like this board, which is why I participate from time to time. But I rarely like to argue. I have my friends and family to do that with, so I rarely feel the need when online. But as you referenced, it was a serious of unfortunate circumstances over the previous 36 hours that cause your and Z'ha'dumDweller's posts to be the proverbial straw.

But, in conclusion, if you want me to be concise, I will reiterate the above with these 3 simple, yet meaningful, words:

I am sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    (aside to Jan: I woulda PM'd this - It cut me off. I woulda mailed it - board disabled that. Sorry.)
    I think PMs cut off at 1000 characters so long messages have to get broken up. I'm used to getting 2 or 3 PMs for one message/response and just number them so it's not too confusing.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Sometimes I have fantasies about being Matlock.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    *ahem* OK, well, that was fun. Or not.

Ariake, if you want intelligent commentary, I would point out that "supposed to be" was the trigger phrase that gave me my view. Those words implied assumptions and expectations (so yes, you *did* imply that). Not "since" - since is a conjunctive word and doesn't really carry any meaning by itself. "... since it's been a while?" would have slid by me like a cool breeze with nary a thought or ruffled feather.

If you want perspective, I would point out that you only just barely ruffled one feather - I posted one line as a mild rebuke, not as an attack on your character. I likely wouldn't have even bothered with that much had I not sympathized with DougO's server woes over the last few weeks. Your... "counterattack"... was about as much a suprise as would be dropping a pebble on a molehill and have it erupt into a volcano.

If you want to be concise, I suggest you use me as an example. One line, addressing the assumption I saw in your post. That's it, and I was out.

What *I* want is for you to relax a bit. I wouldn't have mentioned "chill pill" at first like ZHD did... I kinda presumed you were just eager, not offensive... but I very much will now. Your reaction makes me wonder how many boards you've been on, because you can't have lasted long on the wild wild Internet like this without exploding. Unless it was just some recent thing bugging you and we happened to be the unlucky venting targets... which, hey, it happens.

In conclusion - you've had very little effect on me, from the first post to the last. If -I- were to slam you, rest assured *you* would know - I can obviously go on for paragraphs if needed, and would be dissecting your personality problems with callousness and viciousness that come from five years of learning how on far less civilized fan boards than this, and arguing over topics far more important than little pictures.

You'll note, I didn't. I guess I kinda am now, but I'm trying to keep it as light as I can.

So, if you're chilled by now, cool. If you're not, take it from me, it was never that big a deal.

(aside to Jan: I woulda PM'd this - It cut me off. I woulda mailed it - board disabled that. Sorry.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X