Comment

Lets Do It

I am here for the beer!!!!!!

mdm1789
      I am a Renegade Ewok on the loose

Comment

Re: How about a 'Birthday Party'?

Originally posted by Jan
        I think trying to break the record number of users is a fine idea. While we're at it, why not have a 'birthday party' for the Forum? As I recall, and from Doug's welcome message, the first anniversary of the JMSNews Forums will be Oct. 13. How about we plan on as many as possible of us coming here on that day to celebrate?
        That's a cool idea! I wonder if we should shoot for a particular window of time? The fact that people live in many time zones around the world may make that difficult.

We should start a "Birthday Party" thread that day where everyone can drop in and say "hi".

-DougO

Comment

Typical. We come up with a wacky, off the wall idea, and DougO makes it *workable*! Sheesh! What time's good, and by what time zone?

Comment

Re: Re: How about a 'Birthday Party'?

Originally posted by DougO
            That's a cool idea! I wonder if we should shoot for a particular window of time? The fact that people live in many time zones around the world may make that difficult.
            I think it should be do-able though. How about....between 5 PM and 8 PM GMT? We should all be able to calculate where we are from that, shouldn't we? Me, I'm on and off all the time anyway but for this I'll probably just open up a browser window and stay on for the duration.

We should start a "Birthday Party" thread that day where everyone can drop in and say "hi".
            Absolutely! According to the ticker, we've got over 450 registered members. Let's see how many we can get to post a greeting!

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Probably unlikely, but the coolest thing would be if someone who posts on the newsgroup, and who seems to have a way with JMS (not mentioning any names......Jan) could persuade him to make an appearance on our humble forum that day.
              Last edited by Bonehead; 09-30-2004, 06:06 AM.
              *Den-Sha*

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                Probably unlikely, but the coolest thing would be if someone who posts on the newsgroup, and who seems to have a way with JMS (not mentioning any names......Jan) could persuade him to make an appearance on our humble forum that day.
                Why is it that lately every time somebody doesn't mention names, it's always *my* name not being mentioned??

I don't think I have any influence over JMS at *all* but I did plan on mentioning the party and invite folks over on the moderated newsgroup who may not visit here often.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

I don't think I have any influence over JMS at *all* but I did plan on mentioning the party and invite folks over on the moderated newsgroup who may not visit here often.

Jan
                  No, not influence, but a raport maybe. Well, at the very least, someone who's met him in person and has spoken to him several times. In short someone he knows.
                  *Den-Sha*

Comment

No, not influence, but a raport maybe. Well, at the very least, someone who's met him in person and has spoken to him several times. In short someone he knows.
                    And who'll fly all over to attend his appearances. I know, I was just teasing. I think people would be surprised at how aware of his fans JMS really is. Nice man, too.

Jan

Comment

I'm in for tomorrow of course.
                      "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

We did it! Check the main page for the new record!
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

That would be really cool.

Comment

When I made my previous post, I was the 35th user on the site, hence breaking the record...now we are at 41! This truly is a call to arms!
                            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

43 is the record now.

Whew.

Jan
                              (who actually forgot where this thread was and posted in the Off Topic thread when she saw 35...duh)

Comment

damn,i missed the new record
                                Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Working...
                                X