Cookie issue with Safari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie issue with Safari?

I have been using Safari on a Mac recently and it is continually asking me to log in. Even if I check the Rember Me check box. Yet I haven't had the problem with Firefox on either the Mac or PC.

Anyone else come across this?

Rob

Tarasis:

Thanks for reporting this issue. I've reviewed the vBulletin support forums and it looks like a number of vBulletin sites are reporting problems with Safari not staying logged in after a recent vBulletin patch. There are some user suggested vBulletin changes which I am investigating. I'll let you know when I have more information.

Thanks,

-DougO

Comment

DougO,

Thanks for letting me know about that. For the moment I have swapped to Camino 1.5, if I get a chance I will try Safari 3.0 and let you know if it also has a problem.

Rob

Comment

DougO, I don't know if you've found out anything since your June post, but I'm definitely having this trouble myself. I'm on the most up-to-date version of Safari and OS X, and even though I leave the browser window open with this site, I have to sign in every time I post -- even if I'd only signed in a half hour before.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check and see if there is any new info on this issue on the vBulletin support forums. The previous suggested change was already enabled here. I'll also check for forum patches.

-DougO

Comment

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Good news, a recent vBulletin patch includes a fix described as:

A problem where users of the Apple browser Safari would be logged off the system prematurely when vBulletin runs on specific servers has been resolved.
              IÆll apply this patch the next time I take the site down for maintenance (which will be sometime this week). I like to perform a full backup before applying patches just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,

-DougO

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                Good news, a recent vBulletin patch includes a fix described as:

IÆll apply this patch the next time I take the site down for maintenance (which will be sometime this week). I like to perform a full backup before applying patches just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,

-DougO
                Thanks for the good news Doug!
                ---
                Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

I just completed the forum upgrade. Let me know if the cookie problem has gone away.

Thanks,

-DougO

Comment

Working...
                  X