Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS posted in rec.arts.sf.tv yesterday

Hi,
    I don't know how you find JMSs posts, but I just wanted you to know that he posted an answer to the question "What would have happened if you skipped the notes from TNT" yesterday 17/3 at 23.37 in rec.arts.sf.tv.

/I am Sheridan
    Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
    http://www.babcon.org/

Can you post what he wrote?

/I am a TechnoWeeny
    One up for the angry Teep

Comment

Check in the Babylon 5 folder and look for the thread titled "JMS Cleans Someone's Clock". Both the original post and JMS response are on there.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
        Check in the Babylon 5 folder and look for the thread titled "JMS Cleans Someone's Clock". Both the original post and JMS response are on there.

Jan
        I think this is the correct one:

Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: Re: CRUSADE was about Earth & Shadow minions & Technomages!

View this article only
        Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
        Date: 2004-03-17 14:38:00 PST

>Just curious JMS, what would have happened if you *ignored* TNT's
        >suggestions, and just continued business-as-usual? We engineers
        >sometimes do that, because the suggestions coming from marketing can
        >not be implemented with current technology! (i.e. non-engineers
        >trying to engineer a product and failing miserably)
        >

I did ignore a great number of them, including all the really egregious ones
        cited earlier.

>Was ignoring TNT's notes possible? And what would the consequences
        >be?

The consequences were that we only got 13 episodes.

jms

([email protected])
        (all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
        permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
        and don't send me story ideas)

Comment

Cheers Guys.
          I apologise for my laziness in this matter
          One up for the angry Teep

Comment

Re: JMS posted in rec.arts.sf.tv yesterday

Hi again!

Isn't it an automated script that finds JMSs postings and places them at this site? I'm asking because yet another posting from rec.arts.sf.tv is missing here. Ok, it was just an answer to someone who kept complaining about the guy who made the first erroneous assumptions (and who had apologized personally to JMS) in the posting referred to above, but still...

/IamS

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about the JMS posts to rec.arts.sf.tv. This is the first time I'm seen him post to that newsgroup.

The site message importer doesn't currently monitor that newsgroup. I'll either change it so it does or manually add the two messages he posted.

-DougO

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
                Thanks for letting me know about the JMS posts to rec.arts.sf.tv. This is the first time I'm seen him post to that newsgroup.

-DougO
                Yes, me too!
                I thought he stayed out of all non-moderated groups (except for a comics newsgroup) out of fear of story ideas.

/IamS

Comment

Originally posted by iamsheridan
                  Yes, me too!
                  I thought he stayed out of all non-moderated groups (except for a comics newsgroup) out of fear of story ideas.

/IamS
                  JMS used the unmoderated group when the moderated group broke down a few years ago.

Someone may have emailed JMS copies of these postings, who then went to the unmoderated group to reply.
                  Andrew Swallow

Comment

JMS also said at one point that the content of the show had little to do with the reasons they dropped it, in comparison to TNTs take on the shows audience. Apparently the Crusade people would only tune in to Crusade, then ditch all the other programming TNT had lined up. They wanted programming that contributed the overall audience.

Since TNTs philosphy is based more on sex and violence/action, than content and intellect, its easy enough to see where people who insist on appealing to the lowest point of psychology/common denominator lose interest.

Frankly, these people make me sick.

Comment

Working...
                    X