Site Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Offline

Doug, why does the site keep going offlline? Have you looked into getting a better hosting service?
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

OmahaStar:

I apologize for the outtage yesterday. There was technical problem with the database and I didn't notice it until last night.

I've also had some problems reciently with the network connectivity between my ISP and home data center. It runs over a business DSL account and the modem ocassionally loses train with the line card in the central office. This shouldn't happen and I'm working to find out the cause.

I have monitoring service that checks my servers every few minutes. I added JMSNews.com to the list today which means I'll know about failures much sooner from now on.

On a related note, I leased a dedicated server from a hosting company last month and plan to move jmsnews.com over to it within a few months. I have an update to the site under development and plan to launch it on that server. This new machine will provide a higher level of reliability and much greater bandwidth.

Thanks for the feedback and for visiting the site!

-DougO

Comment

Working...
    X