This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Migration

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we are migrating the hosting for the JMSNews community forums to the VBulletin Cloud. All user accounts, threads, and messages will be preserved.

At some time in the next 24 hours I expect to lock the forums here while the database is migrated to the new host. During that time the forums will be unavailable. We should be back up with the new site within 24 hours.

I'm excited to move to the new host. Not only will the forums be cared for better (e.g., daily backups) we will be running on the latest version of VBulletin. That change will add some new features and fix some quirky issues with the version we are on now.

We did a test migration today to the new forums. Jan and I are verifying that everything made it over successfully.

Thanks everyone!

-DougO
    JMSNews Administrator

"It was the end of the Earth year 2018 and it was the dawn of a new age for all of us. It was the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. The next 24 hours would see great changes, great joy and great sorrow. The forum lock. The forum migration. The New Host would waver and crack, but in the end it would hold, because what is built endures, and what is loved endures. And JMSNews, ... JMSNews endures."

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

The forums migration is now complete. Welcome to the new forums!

Please us know if you run into any problems or have any questions.

Thanks,

-DougO
        JMSNews Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
          That's awesome!
          Glad you liked my post.

I've been kicking the tires of the new forum host and it seems to be working well. The only thing that didn't seem to import were the smilies in the old posts, which is a minor issue. Great job!

Comment

Looks like all the pics in the photo thread are missing. Will have to see what I can do to put them back.
            "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

But I hate moving!!!!!

(The emojis I chose did not show up.)
              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                But I hate moving!!!!!
                Me too!

But I know this forum-look-alike from elsewhere, so...

Question: the great and huge archive of the jms-posts endures on the old place. Sure?

B5-Stefan

--
                Lyssa Deradi : "Did they live happily every after?"
                [Babylon5, In the Beginning]

Comment

Great job Doug!
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
                  X