New Writing Book Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Writing Book Announced

In a series of tweets last night, JMS announced that he's started a new writing book and invited folks to ask questions.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Book 1.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	156289Click image for larger version

Name:	Book 2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	156290
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Okay just putting this out there. You have all been reading my posts for quite some time. Should I write a book? AGREE / DISAGREE (I mean everything I write is captivating, right?)

Okay on a serious note, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! I understand that this is important material and it is VERY important to him, but I feel like I need to direct JMS' writing assignments. He doesn't have time for this when there are so many other things I want him to write.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      Okay on a serious note, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! I understand that this is important material and it is VERY important to him, but I feel like I need to direct JMS' writing assignments. He doesn't have time for this when there are so many other things I want him to write.
      What makes you think he's not writing them? Trouble is, he's written *scads* of things that we've never gotten a chance to see. Given that he's ususally got at least 5 projects going at the same tine, there's a *bunch* of stuff that could keep us entertained for ages if we could only experience it!

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

As part of JMS' Patreon introduction (https://www.patreon.com/syntheticworlds/posts), he mentioned that the new writing book will be coming out in the spring of 2020 - about the same time as his new novel.

Comment

Has he said anything about what kind of book it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
            Has he said anything about what kind of book it is?
            Not so far, that I know of. I notice that it's a book on writing, and doesn't specify scriptwriting. Also, in one of his posts he listed quite a long string of topics that might be covered and it's everything from making a living to characterization to exposition and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Not so far, that I know of. I notice that it's a book on writing, and doesn't specify scriptwriting. Also, in one of his posts he listed quite a long string of topics that might be covered and it's everything from making a living to characterization to exposition and so forth.
              In any case it will be interesting to see what it is.

Comment

Working...
              X