X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
    After You posting the "Picard" trailer, it's a must to put here the DIS(sed) S3 trailer too.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kurtzman/st...40109197922306
    I love seeing Trek fans get upset. S2 was great, don't know what people are moaning about.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    After You posting the "Picard" trailer, it's a must to put here the DIS(sed) S3 trailer too.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kurtzman/st...40109197922306

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    S2 was great. Pushed the show into a new gear and did some great character work. And the FX this season, just wow. Some of it looked better than the recent Trek films. Epic in scale. I hope this season shut up the whinging old school Trek fans who can't seem to accept that shows need to evolve.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    I'm still enjoying it. It's striking a good balance between arc and non-arc and has had some good character moments. This week's episode with Saru was actually quite affecting, even though I felt it could have perhaps been shuffled later in the running order to give it more resonance.

I also dug the malfunction of the universal translator, which was a great device to reveal the diverse tongues spoken among the crew. Made me think Sense8 could have used a trick like this to give us a brief glimpse of 'mother tongue' languages.

I'm curious about the Spock arc, and at this point I can't get too precious about 'cannon' or timelines. Just give me a good ship show with a good yarn, and I'm happy. Seeing too many people crying fowl and saying things like 'The Orville is more Trek than DISCO. Waaaahhhhhh'.

Yes, the Orville is fun and very watchable, but it's McFarlane living out his TNG wet dream, and not much more than that. And yes, I quite enjoy the Orville too. But people need to stop making the comparison.
    Last edited by Ubik; 02-12-2019, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
    Not sure how I feel about what they're doing to Spock, but I consider this another alternate universe, so it's all good.
    I think it is too soon to judge what they are doing with Spock. I seem to recall a double episode of original Trek that, initially, did not seem to be like Spock, but turned out right, anyway (The double episode The Menagerie). We shall see...

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    Trek BBS is the best place to go to discuss star trek. I always go there after each new episode. I really liked season one, so I'm enjoying the arc episodes more than the standalones, but it's nice that they're alternating for all the trekkies who hated season one because they don't like arcs. Not sure how I feel about what they're doing to Spock, but I consider this another alternate universe, so it's all good.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    I've not actually watched episode 2 yet, i suspect they're gonna cliffhang so I'm remaining 1 episode behind in case they do so i don't have to wait.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Episode 2, thoughts? Felt like classic TNG to me and I noted Jonathan Frakes directed. Plus, what's going on with Tilly? Hmmmmm. The plot thickens.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    Just saw the opening of Season 2.
    I like it a lot. Time was just flying. I have high hopes for season 2 now.
    For the record I liked season 1 well enough, but this looks like getting better.
    I thought it was superb. I hope this tone and quality continues.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Just saw the opening of Season 2.
    I like it a lot. Time was just flying. I have high hopes for season 2 now.
    For the record I liked season 1 well enough, but this looks like getting better.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
    I've finally managed to get my hands on a DVD of the first season. We'll see when I get the chance to watch it. We just started on DS9 ...
    S1 of Disco takes a while to warm up, but I was totally convinced by the end. S2 looks to build on what they've done really well.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    I've finally managed to get my hands on a DVD of the first season. We'll see when I get the chance to watch it. We just started on DS9 ...

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    I just watched, it was really good. It felt exciting like a big screen movie, the special effects are phenomenal. The story engaged me and made me care. I'm excited for the rest of the season! I do want to know more about the bridge crew, so I'm hopeful that happens, too.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Okay people. S2E1. Let's talk.

HOW FUCKING COOL WAS THAT!?!

Excellent pacing, great chemistry between the cast. I like how they got straight down to business with setting up S2, but also managed to create some really subtle character moments and texture. Lot of humour too and some clever little winks and nods to old school fans. (The Red shirt surprise anyone!?). There were also very strong hints that we'll get to know the bridge crew a lot better this season. My own theory, but see what you think, I expect a shift away from the 'Michael' centric nature of S1, and a more even handed look at other crew members.

Tilly continues to be full on awesome, and this made me smile all the way through. A+ episode, and it makes me thing S2 is going to be ace. And the VFX, this was really beautiful and some of the set pieces were of feature standard. Just, an outstanding effort!
    Last edited by Ubik; 01-19-2019, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    Yes, the finale made it all worth it. I loved how much Michael grew as a character. How her relationship with Saru grew. Her relationship with Sarek. And the evolution of Killy Tilly. This is what I always wanted star trek to be. This version finally is living up to the high standards that Babylon 5 spoiled me with.

The only part I didn't like was how quickly Michael forgave Voq and was fine with kissing him. She suffered some serious PTSD and I really doubt she would have gotten over that so soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X