No announcement yet.

Star Trek Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched, it was really good. It felt exciting like a big screen movie, the special effects are phenomenal. The story engaged me and made me care. I'm excited for the rest of the season! I do want to know more about the bridge crew, so I'm hopeful that happens, too.

Comment

I've finally managed to get my hands on a DVD of the first season. We'll see when I get the chance to watch it. We just started on DS9 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
        I've finally managed to get my hands on a DVD of the first season. We'll see when I get the chance to watch it. We just started on DS9 ...
        S1 of Disco takes a while to warm up, but I was totally convinced by the end. S2 looks to build on what they've done really well.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Just saw the opening of Season 2.
          I like it a lot. Time was just flying. I have high hopes for season 2 now.
          For the record I liked season 1 well enough, but this looks like getting better.
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
            Just saw the opening of Season 2.
            I like it a lot. Time was just flying. I have high hopes for season 2 now.
            For the record I liked season 1 well enough, but this looks like getting better.
            I thought it was superb. I hope this tone and quality continues.

Comment

Episode 2, thoughts? Felt like classic TNG to me and I noted Jonathan Frakes directed. Plus, what's going on with Tilly? Hmmmmm. The plot thickens.

Comment

I've not actually watched episode 2 yet, i suspect they're gonna cliffhang so I'm remaining 1 episode behind in case they do so i don't have to wait.
                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Trek BBS is the best place to go to discuss star trek. I always go there after each new episode. I really liked season one, so I'm enjoying the arc episodes more than the standalones, but it's nice that they're alternating for all the trekkies who hated season one because they don't like arcs. Not sure how I feel about what they're doing to Spock, but I consider this another alternate universe, so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
                    Not sure how I feel about what they're doing to Spock, but I consider this another alternate universe, so it's all good.
                    I think it is too soon to judge what they are doing with Spock. I seem to recall a double episode of original Trek that, initially, did not seem to be like Spock, but turned out right, anyway (The double episode The Menagerie). We shall see...
                    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I'm still enjoying it. It's striking a good balance between arc and non-arc and has had some good character moments. This week's episode with Saru was actually quite affecting, even though I felt it could have perhaps been shuffled later in the running order to give it more resonance.

I also dug the malfunction of the universal translator, which was a great device to reveal the diverse tongues spoken among the crew. Made me think Sense8 could have used a trick like this to give us a brief glimpse of 'mother tongue' languages.

I'm curious about the Spock arc, and at this point I can't get too precious about 'cannon' or timelines. Just give me a good ship show with a good yarn, and I'm happy. Seeing too many people crying fowl and saying things like 'The Orville is more Trek than DISCO. Waaaahhhhhh'.

Yes, the Orville is fun and very watchable, but it's McFarlane living out his TNG wet dream, and not much more than that. And yes, I quite enjoy the Orville too. But people need to stop making the comparison.
                      Last edited by Ubik; 02-12-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

S2 was great. Pushed the show into a new gear and did some great character work. And the FX this season, just wow. Some of it looked better than the recent Trek films. Epic in scale. I hope this season shut up the whinging old school Trek fans who can't seem to accept that shows need to evolve.

Comment

After You posting the "Picard" trailer, it's a must to put here the DIS(sed) S3 trailer too.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kurtzman/st...40109197922306

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                            After You posting the "Picard" trailer, it's a must to put here the DIS(sed) S3 trailer too.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kurtzman/st...40109197922306
                            I love seeing Trek fans get upset. S2 was great, don't know what people are moaning about.

Comment

Working...
                            X