DS9 rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babel-17 View Post
    I like the character Garak, the tailor/spy. He exuded that knowing air of "nobody here is quite like they seem". It's like he was watching the show along with you.

And Wallace Shawn as Grand Nagus Zek was always a welcome sight.

Funny enough I started watching it on Netflix a couple of months ago but I stalled out. I liked it, it's good, but the pacing was a bit slow for me to start binging on it. I switched to watching enterprise and that just flys along. Some shows I reserve for watching on a tablet at the gym mostly, Enterprise is one of them. It helps the treadmill feel less tedious.
    Yeah, Garak is great. His general demeanour reminds me a great deal of Katsulas' portrayal of G'Kar later on in B5. In fact, I think you could easily switch Andrew Robinson and Andreas and it would have totally worked for both shows!

In general I think the entire cast of DS9 hits a fairly high standard for TV acting. It doesn't quite suffer from the same ham levels as B5, which I also feel has its charms TBH. I'd miss those British extras from stage backgrounds chewing on the scenery.
    Last edited by Ubik; 01-17-2017, 06:14 AM.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

No one B5 matches the ham of an angry Captain Sisko.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
        No one on B5 matches the ham of an angry Captain Sisko.
        Yep, Sisko really goes full 'stage actor' on those scenes. And, yes, it's generally pretty over the top.

Both shows have their moments of extreme ham.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
        X