X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

Maybe a "tad". Over the years I've watched it a few times and I think my main issue has become that I feel Luke Perry was a poor choice. I like Perry well enough, but I think the combination of the subject matter and Perry add to the "corny" level. Other than that there are a lot of really good qualities about the show as well. The good news is there are only two seasons, so it isn't that big of a commitment to watch and see for yourself.
    I've definitely seen both seasons in their entirety before, but it was about 15 years ago. I remember it having some solid intrigue but never really seemed to go anywhere with it, and a lot of 'problem of the week' type plots where Perry often ended up bedding the female lead. I think there was some kind of very ill conceived native american apparition at some point too. Memories are vague. Could be a fun re-watch, but if it didn't grab me the first time, I'm likely to be even harsher on it now.
    Last edited by Ubik; 01-18-2019, 08:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Some things were kind of silly - like the scene in the opening credits of a horse pulling a defunct car. But for the most part I liked it a lot - particularly the second season. Just recently watched "Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass" again recently and really liked it. Favorite characters were Mister Smith and Kurdy.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    I remember it being a tad corny.
    Maybe a "tad". Over the years I've watched it a few times and I think my main issue has become that I feel Luke Perry was a poor choice. I like Perry well enough, but I think the combination of the subject matter and Perry add to the "corny" level. Other than that there are a lot of really good qualities about the show as well. The good news is there are only two seasons, so it isn't that big of a commitment to watch and see for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Is this actually 'good' when placed on the scales of modern TV? I remember it being a tad corny.
    Last edited by Ubik; 01-16-2019, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    I actually started a re-watch with a friend recently, only 2-3 episodes every few weeks, but I like the re-watch value. It is still available on HBO Nordic, just hoping it will stay on until we finish.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha-1
    replied
    It is also showing on Amazon prime mgm channel in Germany. Both seasons. season 1 is sd 4:3 season 2 is widescreen 1080 p

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
    Back in the day it was announced season 2 was being produced for "HDTV" so an HD (or HD-ish) version of it should exist ready to be (re)used, alas all services seem to be using the same SD master it seems.

Ah well. At least it's widescreen, because the 4:3 version (DVD) is quite the downgrade.
    Looking at it more I was wrong - it's 4:3

Trivia note: When Lee takes Kurdy to meet Megan, the code he has Kurdy enter is 71754 - also known as JMS' birthday, July 17, 1954.
    Last edited by Jan; 06-02-2018, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sense8ional
    replied
    Back in the day it was announced season 2 was being produced for "HDTV" so an HD (or HD-ish) version of it should exist ready to be (re)used, alas all services seem to be using the same SD master it seems.

Ah well. At least it's widescreen, because the 4:3 version (DVD) is quite the downgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
    Do you have access to it? Then can you tell us if it is in widescreen? (Likely.) And is it HD? (Likely not.)
    Widescreen, yes. Doesn't say anything about HD.

Leave a comment:

• sense8ional
    replied
    Do you have access to it? Then can you tell us if it is in widescreen? (Likely.) And is it HD? (Likely not.)

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Exhuming this thread to let folks know that Jeremiah Season 2 is available with Amazon Prime. Not season one, but that's still available on DVD.

I liked season two a LOT!

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    I'm wondering if it'll be the original or the 'clean' version. As I recall, JMS mentioned that there were some scenes shot two ways with a view to future syndication.
    Shudder. It still surprises me how many concessions had to be made for network TV!

God bless the likes of HBO and Netflix. Although, that said, we are often seeing the inverse of that now; with TV shows often aspiring to be dark for the sake of it. This is just as bad.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'm wondering if it'll be the original or the 'clean' version. As I recall, JMS mentioned that there were some scenes shot two ways with a view to future syndication.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    WOW! I could actually watch it in my area . . . if I had cable TV.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'd never heard of it before but there's apparently a new SF-oriented station called COMET that will be showing Jeremiah starting in September.

http://www.comettv.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X