X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valens_shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    It isn't bootlegged copies, it is burn to order. Cheap (very) to produce, but expensive to buy. Got to love it. Still, at least viewers in the US and Canada got to see the second season on TV, something we UK fans never did.

Still baffles me with all the crud that does get shown on UKTV that Jeremiah was treated so poorly and the second season didn't even see the light of day.
    That bothers me that it's so cheaply done yet priced so expensively. Luckily I've seen the second series because at those prices I cannot justify it

I've given up trying to understand what gets shown on UK TV. I can't understand why Babylon 5 isn't on permanent re run, especially with channels like ITV 4.

I think the problem at time was Jeremiah was so adult. I'm sure if Jeremiah was a new show today it would have been highly talked-about and shown not just on Sky like other HBO/showtime series

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by valens_shadow View Post
    For what sounds like bootlegged copies, I don't think so.
    It isn't bootlegged copies, it is burn to order. Cheap (very) to produce, but expensive to buy. Got to love it. Still, at least viewers in the US and Canada got to see the second season on TV, something we UK fans never did.

Still baffles me with all the crud that does get shown on UKTV that Jeremiah was treated so poorly and the second season didn't even see the light of day.

Leave a comment:

• valens_shadow
    replied
    shocked & pleased to see this getting released ...finally, $30 sounds reasonable if other retailers had access to it. At the current exchange rate it means a lovely customs bill. Upon taking a look on Amazon its $60!

You've got to be kidding me!

For what sounds like bootlegged copies, I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    We got what we saw on the Amazon sales page. I'm just glad we finally got it at all!

Just watched the two-part season opener. If I'd noticed before, I'd forgotten that the code to get into Megan's containment area is JMS's birthday.

Even knowing how good it was, I'd still forgotten how good it was.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Very disappointed by the packaging and lack of even trying to make a reasonable presentation for us :/

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Y'know what else is weird? There's no credits anywhere on the packaging or disks. No "Starring Luke Perry and Malcolm Jamal Warner", no "Created by J. Michael Straczynski", nothing. Very strange...

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    Um...that's like...um...when there's been like...um...a war or somethin'...and...uh...the story is...like...after it. Right?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    *Finally* got mine.

Would somebody please explain to me what a "post-apocalyptic-like world" is? Isn't kind of either-or?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Yeah, I saw the amazon description of the product and it didn't look so hot. I had a bootlegged copy of it that had some shaky recordings for a couple episodes, though most of them were pretty good, which I'm glad I have because I never got to see the end of the show when it was on TV (thank you for whoever sent those to me years ago, I know you're from here!) so at least this one will be consistent in the film quality.

But yeah, they just are doing it as cheaply as possible to get a few people to buy it. It's too bad. Having the real dvds with commentary and the like would have been especially nice in this season.

Leave a comment:

• Truth66
    replied
    Well I'm happy to announce that my copy has arrived today. The reason why it arrived so quick was that I paid extra for express international delivery.
    I was first shocked that the way this season is packaged. There's two DVD cases with four discs in each case. Personally I prefer to see a maximum of two discs in a case to reduce the chances of the case and/or discs getting damaged.
    I popped the first disc in and was quickly disappointed to see that each episode doesn't have a chapter menu. When you play the episode the user can use their remote to skip chapters, but these chapters aren't identified in any kind of menu.
    Obviously beggers can't be choosers. I'm really happy of the fact that I (and I'm sure many others will agree) finally have this season on DVD. I just wish MGM would've shown more respect to the series and at least have better packaging and proper menus like the first season. I'm not aware of any special features yet, but based on what I've seen this far, it's highly unlikely.
    I hope everyone enjoys watching these episodes once they receive their set.
    I just got an e-mail from Amazon today that I will be refunded $6.00 because I (like many others) pre-ordered.
    Last edited by Truth66; 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Truth66
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    From his post upthread, I think Truth66 is outside of the States and has had his order shipped.

Jan
    Yes I live in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    From his post upthread, I think Truth66 is outside of the States and has had his order shipped.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Given that it no longer states US only, does this mean that we can now order this if we are overseas? Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Sweet! I'll buy mine right now!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Guess what? I just had a late-night e-mail from Amazon confirming that A) my order has shipped and B) they had indeed lowered the price to $29.95. So good news to be had this evening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X