Jeremiah on SciFi starting July 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremiah on SciFi starting July 10th

According to the cable info website PDF schedules (https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Assets/...th_7_feed1.pdf), SciFi looks like they are definitely going to start showing Jeremiah.

Starting July 10th, they have a four hour block scheduled each Thursday night at 7 pm ET/PT and it is scheduled through the end of August (https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Assets/...th_8_feed1.pdf).

Of course, that's assuming it has good enough ratings to keep it on in prime time. Considering they usually get near a 1.0 ratings for the movie repeats they usually do on Thursdays, I would actually be surprised if Jeremiah does well enough to keep it airing in that time slot. Odyssey 5 pretty much tanked when they tried it out on Friday nights and it was pulled after only a couple of episodes.

Lee Whiteside
    Webmaster
    SFTV.org
    B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

That's great news, Lee! Thanks for passing it along. Hopefully it'll make it all the way because I know there are lots of folks who've never seen the last half of Season 2.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I've never seen a single episode. Should I be excited? Assuming Sci-Fi airs the entire two year run, did it end with a true climax or leave a bunch of loose ends lying around?

Comment

I can only speak for season one, most of which I found compelling viewing. Somebody who's seen season two will have to offer their own opinion as I've only seen the first two episodes, but from previous posts, I don't get the sense that folks were as happy with it. That being said, we'll also have to deal with a sanitized, commercial-ridden version on Sci-Fi, complete with intrusive on-screen idents and no credits, but in this case, maybe that will have to do until and unless season two arrives on DVD.

Comment

I enjoyed Season One a lot although I often found the Sam Egan episodes rather predictable. Season Two, though...strong, compelling, thought-provoking...excellent TV. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            I can't recommend it highly enough.
            I only got to see most of the first season and almost none of the second, but I'm psyched (even though we'll be getting the cleaned up version).

The SciFi.com website finally lists it as starting with the first 4 episodes, July 10 at 7pm EST.

Woo Hoo!

Zeno
            No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

Originally posted by NotSoWize View Post
              Assuming Sci-Fi airs the entire two year run, did it end with a true climax or leave a bunch of loose ends lying around?
              It's hard to describe. JMS knew he would be leaving the show but he still left threads for anybody following him to pick up if they wanted to. Season two ends at a pivotal moment with no certainty of how things will go and yet the viewer is left is a sense of completion.

Jan

Comment

I beg to differ with what you have heard Joe. For me, season 2 was much stronger than season 1 ... but then, I didn't think much of the latest episode of Dr Who which everyone else seems to think is a work of genius, so YMMV.
                The Optimist: The glass is half full
                The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

I agree. Not to knock season one which was great, but season two was much better.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                    That being said, we'll also have to deal with a sanitized, commercial-ridden version on Sci-Fi, complete with intrusive on-screen idents and no credits, but in this case, maybe that will have to do until and unless season two arrives on DVD.
                    I am pretty sure that JMS said that they did film two different versions, so at least Sci-Fi shouldn't be doing the sanitizing. Of course, there will still be further edits for commercials.

With any luck, showing this on Sci-Fi will be enough of an added push to get that Season 2 DVD set out on the market - perhaps after Sci-Fi finishes their run.

Neil

Comment

Does anyone know how popular the INstant View for sdeason 2 over on Netflix is? That might play a factor in a future DVD set...
                      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

It was nice to see some commercials for "Jeremiah" last night as I caught a couple of Twilight Zone episodes. Not particularly good commercials, but commercials.

Jan

Comment

(reposting what I posted to the Moderated newsgroup):

Just a reminder that the first four hours of "Jeremiah" air tonight on the Sci-Fi channel"

The Long Road
                          Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass
                          And the Ground...Sown With Salt

I know that the "Jeremiah" experience was dreadful for JMS but I've always felt that some of his strongest writing ever was done for this show.

Jan

Comment

I really wish that show would have gone on. I didn't think I could possibly care about characters played by luke perry and a cosby show alum...but...I did. I just read that interview with JMS that meantioned how it was a terrible way to end on tv. At least the quality's good.
                            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                              Just a reminder that the first four hours of "Jeremiah" air tonight on the Sci-Fi channel"
                              The last time I looked on their schedule, they hadn't reached season 2 (and of course even if they did it could always change by then). In any case, someone please give folk some heads up if season 2 does appear on the schedule.

Thanks,

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X