Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Picard Series - SPOILERS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    No I still have not started PICARD nor have I read any post in this thread, sorry.

    I am looking for information and since this is the most recent Trek discussion I am starting here. Also on B5TV

    What is the biggest fan discussion board for Trek? I am looking for some possibly obscure info. Many of you may not have seen posts I made in the past in the B5 Trading card thread, but now I am looking for some Trek Trading card info. So does anyone know the best source to ask Trek fans that info?

    Thank you for the time you spent reading this post....
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Looney View Post

      What is the biggest fan discussion board for Trek? I am looking for some possibly obscure info.
      Have you tried TrekBBS? https://www.trekbbs.com/ It's owned by the same person as B5TV but much bigger and more active.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #63
        I shall try there forthwith!!!!! Thank you Jan
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Looney View Post
          No I still have not started PICARD nor have I read any post in this thread, sorry.

          I am looking for information and since this is the most recent Trek discussion I am starting here. Also on B5TV

          What is the biggest fan discussion board for Trek? I am looking for some possibly obscure info. Many of you may not have seen posts I made in the past in the B5 Trading card thread, but now I am looking for some Trek Trading card info. So does anyone know the best source to ask Trek fans that info?

          Thank you for the time you spent reading this post....
          Looney, I happen to be pretty well informed on dead CCGs / TCGs. There is a continuing players committee for the Decipher ST CCG. You can play online for free and the cards can be printed via something like Makeplayingcards.com. Also, check out the Dead CCG Collectors group on Facebook. There will also surely be a Reddit group for the old Decipher Trek CCG. You can pick up complete sets for peanuts, also Hills Wholesale Gaming (if you are in the USA) does booster boxes very cheap.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

          Kosh: Good!

          Comment


          • #65
            Thanks for all the info. I am actually just looking for some technical info on autographed Trek trading cards. I have a Patrick Stewart autograph card and I am worried it is a fake.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

            Comment


            • #66
              Keeping you updated. I have had zero luck. Trekbbs didn't really appear to have any discussions related to trading cards, just gaming cards. If anyone knows I am missing one please let me know. I did find a site that proclaimed Trek Card expertise. I contacted them on the 11th and they have not responded. I will keep looking. I may have to delve into the seedy underworld of general non-sport trading card forums or worse, Facebook. 🤣😂🤣😂😆😆😆 (I'm pretty certain that anyone on those forums would LOVE my description of "seedy underworld of general non-sport trading card forums".)


              BTW, any suggestions from this seedy underworld on the best forums for Non-Sport Trading Cards? It has been YEARS since I regularly collected cards, so I am very out of that loop.
              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

              Comment


              • #67

                Hey Looney, what game specifically is it? Is it the Decipher Star Trek card game? If so, there's a massive online community as the game continues via a Players Committee. Perhaps worth contacting Category One Games who specialise in dead CCGs. The Dead CCG Collectors FB group is a great place to buy, trade and sell. Very active. Even if it isn't the Decipher game, these groups should be able to help.

                Players Committee website
                Category One Games
                Dead CCG Collectors FB Group

                Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                Kosh: Good!

                Comment


                • #68
                  It is not a game card. It is just a trading card, ie just a collectible. The only game to it is collecting the cards you want. 😁 In this case I have collected a few Star Trek Autograph cards - this one from the film STAR TREK INSURRECTION (1998).
                  Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    WOOOHOOO!!!!! I got my answer!!!!! The site I contacted got back to me and apologized for taking so long. So happy and now this chapter can come to a close. What was that show you were talking about in this thread? 😂🤣😁😂🤣
                    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      WOOOHOOO!!!!! I got my answer!!!!! The site I contacted got back to me and apologized for taking so long. So happy and now this chapter can come to a close. What was that show you were talking about in this thread? 😂🤣😁😂🤣
                      Picard.. and the first person to die was...

                      Just kidding lol.. have you even watched the show yet Looney haha?
                      Blake's Sanctum:
                      - Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
                      - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
                      - Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
                      - Emulation

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Blake00 View Post

                        Just kidding lol.. have you even watched the show yet Looney haha?
                        I have not. Right now I am watching a host of shows, with a focus on EUREKA and STAR WARS CLONE WARS - I am 3 from the end of Season 7 in Clone Wars. I plan to start STAR WARS REBELS immediately to see how far I can get into it before THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 2 premiers at the end of October.

                        PICARD is way up there on my list, but I just haven't gotten to it yet due to the circumstances of whom I will be watching it with.

                        While we are on the topic, can anyone confirm that it is okay for me to watch PICARD without having seen STAR TREK DISCOVERY?
                        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Looney View Post

                          I have not. Right now I am watching a host of shows, with a focus on EUREKA and STAR WARS CLONE WARS - I am 3 from the end of Season 7 in Clone Wars. I plan to start STAR WARS REBELS immediately to see how far I can get into it before THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 2 premiers at the end of October.

                          PICARD is way up there on my list, but I just haven't gotten to it yet due to the circumstances of whom I will be watching it with.

                          While we are on the topic, can anyone confirm that it is okay for me to watch PICARD without having seen STAR TREK DISCOVERY?
                          Yup you'll be fine. No direct connections or crossovers.
                          Blake's Sanctum:
                          - Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
                          - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
                          - Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
                          - Emulation

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X