Star Trek Picard Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Picard Series

I assume most people have seen the trailer to this now but if not here's a international friendly trailer (bloody CBS region locked their trailer lol). Mega excited about this!!

Last edited by Blake00; 07-20-2019, 11:50 PM.
    Blake's Sanctum:
    - Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
    - Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
    - Emulation

Same here. I loved TNG in my teens, so look forward to this a lot. I expect them to deliver something very tonally different, but am totally down with that. No point in repeating the past. They have quite a lot of free reign to do something fresh, and I'm so glad we get away from the whole prequel thing with Trek. Will be cool to explore a post-TNG universe that's in the regular Trek continuity (I hope).
    Last edited by Ubik; 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

In case you missed the Patrick Stewart announcement of the new series at "STAR TREK Las Vegas 2018" -
      here it is:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKQp1sGVRQ

B5-Stefan

--
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited."
      [Albert Einstein]

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
        In case you missed the Patrick Stewart announcement of the new series at "STAR TREK Las Vegas 2018" -
        here it is:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKQp1sGVRQ

B5-Stefan

--
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited."
        [Albert Einstein]
        Post-Discovery, they seem pretty keen to expand the Star Trek TV universe again. This is kinda cool, last time we had two Trek series running concurrently was the 90s with DS9 and TNG. Exciting times. I'm not one of those Trek fans who poured scorn on Discovery for trying to update Trek. For the most part I've really enjoyed DISCO. S2 was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          Post-Discovery, they seem pretty keen to expand the Star Trek TV universe again. This is kinda cool, last time we had two Trek series running concurrently was the 90s with DS9 and TNG. Exciting times. I'm not one of those Trek fans who poured scorn on Discovery for trying to update Trek. For the most part I've really enjoyed DISCO. S2 was great.

If You liked DIS, the new Picard series will bring You far more enlighted enjoyment: since the main subject is about how to grow steadily your vineyard incomes and to produce the best wine around the country.

CHEERS!

B5-Stefan

--
          "Please ring, if an answer is required"
          "Please knock, if an answer is not required"
          [Winnie the Pooh, Chapter 4]

Comment

MIND BLOWN!!

Data, 7 of 9, the Borg, Hugh (borg guy from TNG), and apparently Riker & Troi too.. all back!!

CBS region locked the trailer again surprise surprise but I found a amazon international one:

Blake's Sanctum:
            - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders,Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
            - Emulation

Comment

Originally posted by Blake00 View Post
              MIND BLOWN!!
              Now seems the show goes across Picards vineyard edges ... straight to the edges of a Borg Cube.

The same teaser-trailer from Patrick Stewarts twitter
              https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/statu...72066287656960

B5-Stefan

--
              Stephen Hawking: "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.
              Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist.
              "

Comment

This looks so freaking great. Teenage me is stoked for this. Adult me is equally stoked for this! Amazing to see Data back and Seven! Some surprises in store for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                  This looks so freaking great. Teenage me is stoked for this. Adult me is equally stoked for this! Amazing to see Data back and Seven! Some surprises in store for sure.
                  Very indeed!

But this fricking splintered tv- and streaming world now!!
                  AMAZON - NETFLIX - HULU - APPLE - DISNEY whatsoever - and OLD TV too.

B5-Stefan

--
                  Max Eilerson: "Nations rise and fall. Planets live and die. But corporations go on and on, through good times and bad, because it's all about profit." [Crusade: "Racing the Night"]

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

Very indeed!

But this fricking splintered tv- and streaming world now!!
                    AMAZON - NETFLIX - HULU - APPLE - DISNEY whatsoever - and OLD TV too.

B5-Stefan

--
                    Max Eilerson: "Nations rise and fall. Planets live and die. But corporations go on and on, through good times and bad, because it's all about profit." [Crusade: "Racing the Night"]
                    Not to mention NBC's upcoming Streaming service, CBS's All Access service, DC Universe, Warner Media, etc.... it's getting nuts out there.
                    All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

This series does look interesting. However, not to sound sacrileged or anything, but I think there is only one thing that this series has going for it, the Continued Future.

What I mean by this is that Star Trek has essentially been stuck in the same time frame since Star Trek Nemisis. Star Trek has been all about re-boots and prequels for years. We all know that Hollywood in general has been lacking original content for countless years now. Star Trek is supposed to be a franchise about the human condition expanding forward in time. In fact if I remember correctly Levar Burton even made a similar type of comment a few years with regards to all of these different reboots and things.

Star Trek Producers (regardless of what time line we're going by) should be focusing on a series that goes well into the future, beyond the Next Generation timeline. Why not look at the human condition in either the 25th or 26th Century? Or is this beyond the imagination of Hollywood?

Comment

Good SF should always be a reflection of our present, presented as the future. Star Trek should be about the issues we face now and in the near / distant future. Or universal issues transcribed into the Trek universe, which I kinda feel is what TOS / TNG was with a good dose of fun yarns and wide eyed adventure.

Comment

Just found this trailer analysis by Trek Central. Looks like they going with post apocalypse (the controversial supernova event) Romulan's experimenting with Borg technology presumably to try and regain some lost power. Gotta love the lab sign saying 5,843 days without assimilation lol! Looks like they have control of a cube too. Considering Romulan's and Borg were my favourite villains from TNG this pleases me greatly.

Blake's Sanctum:
                          - Emulation

Comment

Oooooh looks like Robert Picardo, the EMH Doctor from Voyager might be in Star Trek Picard too. God this show opens up so many cool things for not just TNG fans but Voyager and DS9 fans too!

Blake's Sanctum:
                            - Emulation

Comment

This makes me both giddy and scared at the same time. I am a huge TNG fan so a Picard show sounds fantastic. At the same time the later movies, like Nemesis, left me somewhat cool. My biggest fear though is that they try to make the series to much like the JJ Abrams movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X