New BTVS TV Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BTVS TV Series

Wow, I had no idea they were doing a new series of Buffy (or whatever it'll ultimately be called), Joss on board as show runner too. Looks like it will be a continuation, 20 years removed from the original as opposed to a reboot, which is what most fans assumed when it was announced. How did I miss this?!?

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/buff...er-reboot-news
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Wow, I had no idea they were doing a new series of Buffy (or whatever it'll ultimately be called), Joss on board as show runner too. Looks like it will be a continuation, 20 years removed from the original as opposed to a reboot, which is what most fans assumed when it was announced. How did I miss this?!?

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/buff...er-reboot-news
    I'm confused? This specifically says he's on board as a producer, not showrunner, that Monica Owusu-Breen is.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I'm confused? This specifically says he's on board as a producer, not showrunner, that Monica Owusu-Breen is.
      Sorry, producer... my bad. in any case, is involved... has blessing, etc.

Comment

I'm out.
        With Buffy (and Angel) I never was in.
        Simply because I HATE VAMPIRES.
        You don't? ;-)

B5-Stefan

--
        Ivanova: "You're a vicious man"
        Garibaldi: "I'm Head of Security. It's in the job description"

Comment

Don't most people have some part of them that is attracted to that which is dark and forbidden? Vampires have been popular for a long time. I think they get sexier as times get more modern. Nosferatu was definitely no sexy dude. (I also missed Buffy, etc, but that had more to do with timing.) But people I know who did like it definitely loved the strong female hero aspect. And remakes seem to be in these days.
          "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia View Post
            Don't most people have some part of them that is attracted to that which is dark and forbidden? Vampires have been popular for a long time. I think they get sexier as times get more modern. Nosferatu was definitely no sexy dude. (I also missed Buffy, etc, but that had more to do with timing.) But people I know who did like it definitely loved the strong female hero aspect. And remakes seem to be in these days.
            It was a fun show, and very savy with the way it played with horror tropes and pop culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia View Post
              Hypathia, I don't have any problems with strong female characters (see B5!).
              And I don't have problems either with Joss Whedon since I LOVE Firefly, where strong females are set.

But in general I really like not very much the horror genre, were the "Vampires" are part of it (Not Nosferatu, not Dracula even not the underworldies of Buffy.

Examples for actual strong females in SF-series: "Dark Matter" and "The 100".
              Where the latter for my tender temper is in the long run a bit to bloody for nothing. :wink:

B5-Stefan

--
              Lyssa Deradi : "Did they live happily every after?"
              [Babylon5, In the Beginning]

Comment

Working...
              X