SENSE8 Finale Reviews - SPOILERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SENSE8 Finale Reviews - SPOILERS!

As suggested. Let me know if you want any posts moved here.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Thanks, although I still can't find anything but that one tweet. Here is my post again, slightly modified:

Unless the following french guy writing for french website http://biiinge.konbini.com/ happened to attend Chicago's screening, I would say Netflix has now sent the finale to the press for reviewing, based on the following tweet: https://twitter.com/sokyate/status/1001064680864043008

#Sense8 finale is pure fan service and I say that in the best way possible. 2 hours and 30 minutes spent with a dumb smile plastered on my face. ��
    I would love to read in some review that Netflix has given the episode an HDR grade, alas I don't think Netflix would pay for it, or that it makes sense to grade only it, instead of the previous episodes too.

(Not that I have the necessary equipment for HDR playback, but I will one day in the future, hopefully, and I can already picture plenty of moments from the first 2 seasons where HDR would look amazing, with blindingly bright highlights (where appropriate, of course)).
    My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Supposedly an embargo has been lifted on reviews for the finale. Found two so far:

Spoiler free review from Hypable: https://www.hypable.com/sense8-finale-review/

Highlights (In my opinion):

We don't get much diversity when it comes to settings, nor do we get all the answers about each individual story, particularly Capheus' political career and Rajan's confusing safety issue. But honestly, there wouldn't have been a smooth way to fit these things in with the pace of this finale -- it simply would have been more suited for a third season.
      But no matter what happens, Sense8 delivers on what we wanted the most: much-needed closure for every relationship. For passionate shippers (who am I kidding, that's all of you), good news: Lana Wachowski heard your prayers and is fulfilling your dreams one by one. The finale is gratuitous.
      Is there potential for a third season? I would say yes. Some questions, mainly relating to subplots of season two, are left open-ended to give way to more story. The question is, will Sense8 be given a chance? In the end, it might all come down to ratings.
      ---

IGN One I haven't watched that is also in french: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqJWPM-xwA&t=8s

Short review, not really any spoilers. Reviewer just talks about how he liked that the finale mainly focused on the characters but sort of put the plot on a back burner which he felt made the BPO resolution suffer a bit. Claims the finale is divided into 4 acts, with the third act tying up the main plot and being the weakest, while the last act is just sort of character resolution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd3SrPmyZ28
      Last edited by chromate; 05-30-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Another article, but not exactly a review. More like, what to expect: http://www.tvguide.com/news/sense8-s...kala-wolfgang/

The finale will see the extended cluster family, including non-sensates Amanita (Freema Agyeman), Dani (Erendira Ibarra) and Hernando (Alfonso Herrera) taking a much bigger role than expected in the fight to save Wolfgang (Max Riemelt) from BPO. The one character we were shocked to see dive headfirst into this crazy new world of mind-reading and secret organizations? Rajan (Purab Kohli)!

Fo most of the series, Rajan has seemed like a convenient obstacle in the path of Kala (Tina Desai) and Wolfgang's love, and he hasn't endeared himself to 'shippers rooting for those two's star-crossed romance. Here's a twist though: Prepare to actually like and maybe even root for Rajan in the final installment of Sense8. You'll see a new side of him and his relationship with Kala in the finale that will probably make you see this character — and this love triangle — in a whole new light.
        I always thought Rajan had potential as a character and that Kohli was a good actor. So I'm fine with this development.

From The Daily Dot reviewer (review has yet to be posted): https://twitter.com/Hello_Tailor/sta...42586024280064

i have no idea what kind of Venn diagram this would create, but my review of the Sense8 finale draws comparisons to Queer as Folk, Supergirl, Twin Peaks, and Black Sails.

IS IT GOOD

it's VERY sense8.
        (yes)

All I need to know is does it give the show a worthy ending?

yes
        edit Italian review: https://movieplayer.it/articoli/sens...netflix_19117/

Translation:

In two and a half hours ago what he can and the result is in line with what was expected, a little 'hurried in some steps, but able to make fans happy with action scenes shot with the usual care and some moments loads of great emotion, from the beautiful editing accompanied by I Feel You to the final finale.

The circle for the Netflix series closes with consistency in a satisfactory conclusive episode and puts the right word to an end that would have deserved more follow-up.
        3.5/5
        Last edited by sense8ional; 05-30-2018, 10:16 AM.
        My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

More: https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/05/se...d-preview.html

Finally, Angelica's, Jonas's and Whispers' story gets told!

- The writers deliver another very intriguing sexcaped and they do top all their previous ones with this, even though there are no dongs on display.

- Many familiar faces return and contribute to the story in various important and hilarious ways.

- Depeche Mode fans will be very pleased when the cast starts singing one of their classics. What song do U think will grace Ur ears?

- The writers open up the show's mythology and give more space to resonate with the villains and heroes and all the hell that started this mess.

- The only really bad part of this Finale were all the Mission Impossible and Die Hard alike gun fire scenes. I never appreciated them. Not in any show or franchise. #StopGunViolence

- Angelica and Jonas story gets told. And how Whispers all fits into it.

- Speaking of Whispers, he gets to interact with a bunch of characters and the show is profiting of them jumping out of their secure zone.

- Dont tune out when the credits start rolling, there is a great bts featurette going along them.

Last but not last I wanna say how impressed I am by this finale and how well this Movie format worked. I hope that the minds behind this amazing project realize this and start about thinking to turn this into a movie franchise. #justSaying

Hope this preview worked out for all of you. In my personal opinion this was a great finale and an impressive conclusion to a diverse, contemporary and important story that chamged the lives of many people.
          https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/sens...e-review-2018/

Clocking in at 150 minutes, the Sense8 finale is ridiculous, indulgent, and packed with eyebrow-raisingly ambitious new background lore. In other words, a perfectly tuned gift for Sense8′s adoring fanbase. After canceling the show last year, Netflix hastily capitulated to audience demand and revived it for a final one-off episode. While it inevitably leaves a few loose ends, it wraps up the elements we actually care about.

Sense8 is the closest TV equivalent to a gloriously self-indulgent fanfic. I don’t mean that disparagingly (because goodness knows some fanfics have better dialogue), but because it provides the same gluttonous overdose of emotional satisfaction. While battling the sensate-kidnapping organization BPO, our heroes become a queer utopia unto themselves. Directed by Lana Wachowski, who co-wrote with Cloud Atlas novelist David Mitchell and author/journalist Aleksandar Hemon, the experience hints at total creative freedom. In the same way that Twin Peaks: The Return allowed David Lynch to do whatever he wanted, both good and bad, Sense8′s last episode celebrates the Wachowski vision in all its hokiness.

With a decent balance of screentime between the leads and their assorted hangers-on, this episode provides a satisfying ending for the fans. Lana Wachowski and her co-writers kept introducing more worldbuilding details until the bitter end, but what else would you expect? It’s a glimpse of what might have happened in season 3, and while the conclusion is unavoidably rushed, it gives us the emotional closure we need.
          edit: Spanish review: https://one-tech.es/2018/05/30/sense...e-esperado-no/

(Translation: )

One of the things I liked about Sense8 was the number of main characters, a wide cast of actors who gave life to very different people but with a weight more or less equivalent in the plot. Some characters always stand out over others, but they all had their moment and their space. In this final note that there is no time for so much history and some of these characters happen to have a purely ornamental presence . This is something that many followers will not like and will miss that character to whom they had a special affection.

The same argument can be applied to the villains of the series, especially in a character as fundamental as Whispers. This bad bad passes without penalty or glory for this final chapter, with just a few lines of dialogue. I certainly did not like this, because the character loses weight in such a sudden way that it is shocking.

At least the story of some character is clarified, which is appreciated, while others are given a solution by the fast way something forced and others are directly ignored their stories.

At this point I return to the opening part of this article. As I said, it is perfectly appreciated that the series was not aimed at a resolution in a single chapter. There was a lot to tell, too much history to be able to give an end to the height in such a short time.

On the one hand, the base, the essence of the series is still there and the follower will enjoy this episode before the end of the plot and the closing of the story. Surely it will keep the feeling that it would be good to have developed more the story. On the other hand, we must understand that two and a half hours is already a considerable duration and could not be extended much more.
          Last edited by sense8ional; 05-30-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/sen...ns-1201969774/

"‘Sense8’ Series Finale Review: Lana Wachowski Delivers a True Gift for Fans

The "Sense8" series finale, without revealing any spoilers, will satisfy those who were worried they might never get a proper goodbye."

That’s why it was a relief when the decision to commission a feature-length finale was granted, though it did inspire one concern — was one installment enough to wrap up an entire series?

The answer is yes.
            The finale (and seriously, as much as hardcore fans might like to claim that there’s a chance of future specials down the line, let’s consider this to be the real true end of the series) right away digs in hard to the cliffhanger ending of Season 2, and there is no shortage of action in the quest to save Wolfgang (Max Riemelt) from the clutches of BPO.
            But in a situation like this, when the show knows it is literally getting one last chance to tell this story, leaning toward the concept of fan service is honestly the best move. And thus the series finale is literally a service to the fans, and it delivers.
            A-

edit First negative review: https://www.netzwelt.de/serien/sense...chwaechen.html

(Translation: )

Unfortunately, the movie does not match the first season of Sense8. Despite many good scenes, Sense 8 has many lengths. The makers seem to have implemented their ideas for a third season in individual scenes and filled in the rest of the time with gap filler scenes. Instead of two and a half hours of excitement and excitement or a plot, fans get only superficial show values.

The scenes are implemented very creatively and the fast narrative pace is fun at first. But the fast dialogues and cuts only pretend to be an act, because actually not much happens. By itself, the film lacks any sensitivity to tempo. From nothing, music and montage suggest that something exciting or dramatic is about to happen, although dramaturgically there is no reason to do so. Unfortunately, the characters degenerate into stereotypes and undergo no development.

In order not to talk about the movie completely bad, you have to keep him but a few successful scenes to good. Also in the end, the movie picks up speed and you will be well entertained. After two hours, the main action is basically over and it follows a half-hour, very kitschy epilogue. Finally, the dedication "For our fans" appears. And then you really want to like the movie, but it can not.
            Since I have been pasting reviews here since the first season, I do distinctly remember that the Germans have traditionally rated Sense8 low, with extra criticism for Wolfgang (which this review doesn't criticize).
            Last edited by sense8ional; 05-30-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

https://hipertextual.com/2018/05/sen...o-complaciente

Although the end has that essence 'Sense8', and very likely does not disappoint, the truth is that it is not surprising either*.*It's a farewell gift, a whim that gave us Netflix, a whim of the same Wachoswki Lana (without this means that it is something negative),*a*fan*of two and a half hours.
              This end gives the ambivalent feeling between the taste and the empalago*.* Everything, every song, every detail, every closing is made to please the fans.*The best thing about this is that the creators do not hide it, they even boast about this. It is possible that this final divided opinions but what we can not deny is that that recalcitrant fan of 'Sense8' who lives in all the fans of the series find this episode almost like a glamorous and fun candy.
              So every review is saying it's pure fan service!

Comment

Quote:
                Unfortunately, the movie does not match the first season of Sense8. Despite many good scenes, Sense 8 has many lengths. The makers seem to have implemented their ideas for a third season in individual scenes and filled in the rest of the time with gap filler scenes. Instead of two and a half hours of excitement and excitement or a plot, fans get only superficial show values.

The scenes are implemented very creatively and the fast narrative pace is fun at first. But the fast dialogues and cuts only pretend to be an act, because actually not much happens. By itself, the film lacks any sensitivity to tempo. From nothing, music and montage suggest that something exciting or dramatic is about to happen, although dramaturgically there is no reason to do so. Unfortunately, the characters degenerate into stereotypes and undergo no development.

In order not to talk about the movie completely bad, you have to keep him but a few successful scenes to good. Also in the end, the movie picks up speed and you will be well entertained. After two hours, the main action is basically over and it follows a half-hour, very kitschy epilogue. Finally, the dedication "For our fans" appears. And then you really want to like the movie, but it can not.
                This sounds a lot like how I felt about the Xmas special. I really hope it's not as disjointed as the review suggests, cause the Xmas special was a mess of a thing, feeling like a bunch of scenes cut together then padded out with too many montages that looked like life insurance ads. I see we aren't done with montages set to heartfelt music either. Sure, I expect a few, but the Xmas special was overkill, to the point where it just grated on me.

Oh, I really want to like the finale... Hope my fears are for nothing. Seeing all the positive reviews gives me hope, but I have that nagging suspicion that I won't get the kind of depth I've been after.
                Last edited by Ubik; 05-31-2018, 01:20 AM.
                Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

http://www.ageofthenerd.com/2018/05/...tflixs-sense8/

Due to the extreme dedication of fans, it was announced that Netflix and director/creator Lana Wachowski had reached an agreement to air a much deserved series finale to both appease fans and assist with tying up the show’s many loose ends. Let’s just say it did not disappoint! Wachowski delivered a true gift to fans and in my opinion one of the best series finales I have seen in recent years.

Lana Wachowski did a fantastic job with directing the final episode and I feel the series received the proper send-off it deserved. I can say it definitely ends with a bang (take that however you will) and can’t stress enough how deeply saddened I am that the series was forced to come to an end, but I am definitely pleased with the overall conclusion.

Comment

Fan review from the screening: http://www.zellamaybe.com/new-blog/s...ic-box-theatre

The show had set up a tangle of narrative threads - would they manage to resolve them in a satisfying way in just a couple of hours?

Well, yes and no.

Again, I'm keeping this very vague (no spoilers, only emotions), but what I can say is this: the episode was pretty clearly written with the fans in mind. Throughout the theater there was a lot of cheering, a lot of laughing, and a fair number of choked sobs. There were several callbacks to great moments in the first two seasons, and the answers to a couple of lingering questions that were built into the very fabric of the series. During the Q&A session after the screening, Lana Wachowski mentioned that the finale was filmed in just 26 days; given the complicated nature of filming this show, it's incredible that they managed to wrap things up as well as they did.

I can't really say, though, that it was a truly satisfying conclusion. That narrative tangle was reduced to something like a Gordian knot, and instead of being able to delicately unpick the threads over the course of a season (or two, or three), they had to slice through them. Some of the characters' arcs clearly had to be sacrificed in order to provide some kind of resolution to the larger narrative, and you feel it when you watch the finale. I was cheering and clapping and crying right along with the rest of the theater, but the longer that I sit with my thoughts, the more that I wish I could have seen their vision realized in a more complete fashion.

While I'm less involved now in the "save Sense8" campaign, I do sincerely hope that some of the people reading this, people who haven't already watched the show, might pick it up to see what it's all about. Netflix cancelled the show because there weren't enough people watching relative to the cost of production; I'm hoping that spreading the word might do something to change the equation.

Even if Netflix doesn't decide to continue on with the show, though, I think it is worth watching. It's a visual treat, and an emotional one as well. Love can conquer all, and if you let it, this show will conquer you.
                    edit And one from Italy: https://www.badtv.it/2018/05/sense8-...-in-anteprima/

The episode, directed by Lana Wachowski and written, as well as by her, also by David Mitchell and Aleksander Hamon , is able to take advantage of the wide minutage granted to close the story well. This is a satisfying ending, which contains all the answers we wanted to hear and which leaves us with the satisfaction of having witnessed a story that has come to its natural conclusion. It's not cheap, and it was not obvious that it happened. Homage to itself, a tribute to the fans who loved it, this is an episode that is put in the first place in the shoes of those who want to know, see, understand certain things. Not because a story is defined by its own ending, indeed, the characters we loved exist regardless of this, but it would not have been correct to leave unfinished a so particular and interesting television experiment. Also because, hopefully, the presence of a conclusion will urge many future viewers to recover the project on Netflix.

Thus, the central issue remains the rescue of Wolfgang and the clash with Whispers. The two and a half hours gravitate around this basic conflict and strongly attract everything that would be foreign and secondary. There were other storylines like Capheus's, Sun's, Kala's. They are not ignored (nothing is), but are only a sporadic and due accompaniment of an episode that focuses on something else. In the same way it would be wrong to say that all the characters have the same importance. For obvious reasons Wolfgang has a lot of space, and so Will and Kala, but also the sweet Nomi. Riley and Sun will only accompany and support the group, taking occasional moments in the spotlight. Lito and Capheus are the most sacrificed.

This returns to Amor Vincit Omnia (a title, reference to the Aeneid, which is a manifesto of the show). There are, it is useless to deny it, forcing and trivialized conflicts or resolved with a sponge. We will have, in the first minutes and still in the last, the clear sensation of a story that pulls the strings of the speech, with explanations and resolutions very fast, between a forgiveness and a hug. But everything is accompanied by a sincere look, by characterizations that rest on a sense of sharing and pure joy of life so universal as to wipe away any conflict. Emblematic are the last minutes of the episode, which contain an euphoric and carnal affirmation, without barriers or limits, even if rough and chaotic as often the series has been in the past. Better, honestly, you could not ask.
                    edit And a Spanish one: https://moobys.es/2018/05/series-sen...ivas-✔/

One of the many strengths of this series is that it is responsible for exploring the cultures and countries of each of our protagonists since they are from different parts of the world. However, this time for the first time they will be all together in Paris. This will be the starting point of the new episode, all physically reunited for the first time in a rescue mission. While they have Whispers, their organization has Wolfgang and they can not access it. A chapter full of action and adrenaline that will make you can not take off the view of the screen during the 2 and a half hours that lasts, which, by the way, become too short.

The Wachowksi sisters have followed the line of the previous seasons, being a chapter as emotional and reflective as ever. Without making any type of SPOILER , the chapter has its tender and cheesy side but it is also wild and maintains the naturalness with which the sexuality of the Sense 8 is treated in the most intimate and sincere scenes. But above all the best adjective to define it is intense , despite being long there are many issues to solve so there is no void or anything that is not justified. We could say that it is the end that it deserves, although really this series did not deserve an end yet. But yes, it is certainly a chapter that is up to the expectations , both for the script and for the wonderful photography - key element in all the chapters - as, of course, for the incredible cast. Hopefully this is just one until later. And they have taught us that love always triumphs and that being different does not mean being worse.
                    Photography, acting, script: 5/5

Conclusion: "Despite being an anticipated ending, it manages to live up to expectations and surpass the expectations of the fans. A chapter full of action, strong emotions, love and tension."
                    edit And a German one: http://www.stimme.de/deutschland-wel...136655,4034934
                    Fortunately, the esoteric pseudopolitical feel-good kitsch that was taken to the top in Season 2 is still limited in the finale. Although some scenes and dialogues are still based on naive hipster-hippie-level, although one still wallows too often woody in their own identity porridge. But this time dominated the enlightenment of the story, garnished with handsome camera shots, impressive imagery and entertaining staged action sequences.

Even though it may not have pleased the Wachowskis, who already revealed questionable eso-depths with the movie "Jupiter Ascending": The compulsion to concentrate on the essentials in feature film format helps "Sense8" reach a conciliatory end. Velvet in lifestyle look filmed drugged party under the Eiffel Tower and a veritable orgy that makes the proposal of "xHamster" almost realistic: The porn portal had offered to finance a third season of "Sense8".
                    Last edited by sense8ional; 05-31-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

The aforementioned IGN France review: http://fr.ign.com/sense8/37231/revie...critique-serie

The reviewer did not like Season 2 so he's glad the finale is more like Season 1 - based on his judgment and taste of course:

Three years and some wheelbarrows after the broadcast of the first season, Sense8 finds its conclusion. I must admit that if the first episodes completely upset me, and showed that at the controls of a series, the Wachowski sisters had to do it, season 2 has missed the mark by not succeeding to equal the first, and above all, by failing in his scriptwriting proposal. In his last 10 episodes, the series has refocused considerably around his characters, forgetting too often his original scenario. To too much to please a few fans of the show, the writers have nevertheless forgotten that it was also necessary to provide answers to the many mysteries left unanswered the previous season.

When announcing the cancellation of the series, I told myself then that it did not matter that the series ended in the state, on a cliffhanger. But after watching the TV movie, 2:30 long, I think it would have been a pity if Netflix did not offer this ultimate gift to fans.

Because it is indeed a gift.
                      As a whole, the Sense8 finale is a true declaration of love to fans of series, and more particularly to the creators of Matrix. It is also, like Season 1 in its time, a model that must make a date on how a series should end.

From a scenario point of view, the finale of Sense8 manages to conclude all of its mysteries. Sometimes, it lacks subtlety, and there are shortcuts taken (especially on the temporality of certain events), but that does not matter, the answers are rather satisfactory. It is certain that with a full season, we could have dragged on a little more, but it was also to take the risk of never going to the end of things, as in season 2. In the end, the limit of 2:30 allows to the whole never to lose the pace. The viewer is held in suspense, and there is rarely time to breathe.

Verdict
                      In 2:30, Sense8 offers all the ingredients for a successful conclusion. Completing a seemingly difficult series is a challenge all the time, and Lana Wachowski has a hand in it. If only season 2 had taken the same path ...

8.5/10

Very good

The challenge was impossible, and like Ethan Hunt facing the most difficult missions, Sense8 ends in a very beautiful way.
                      Mexican review: https://www.ecartelera.com.mx/notici...-final-sense8/

Not so positive, it says it feels small scale without all the locations of the previous seasons, and the plot is so full of conspiracies within conspiracies it's a challenge to follow. However he likes the celebrations in the end, after the main plot is over.

This final chapter is curious precisely because the entire cluster (except Wolfgang) are together in the same place, finally working hand in hand and not through their skills . That allows, finally, the sapiens who are part of the group ( Amanita , Hernando , Daniela , etc.) can put face and interact with the other members of the cluster, giving encounters and moments much expected by the fans. But it is one of the reasons why this episode largely lacks the power that the series had and that has made it unique . Being all in the same place there is no longer that global feeling, that impressive collage of postcards that took us to such different scenarios. Paris or Naples shine, of course, but the journey we made in each chapter was indescribable, and the connection of the senses made it feel like they were separated thousands of kilometers, felt close . Here they are close, but that world scale is lost, and it certainly is missed.

However, this time, more than ever, we see a great decompensation of protagonism . While Wolfgang, Will , Nomi , Kala or Sun continue to carry out the plot, Capheus , Riley or Lito have little weight in this last chapter. Something understandable having only two hours to close everything, but certainly this decompensation leaves with a slight bad taste in the mouth. But it is logical that the police, the hacker, the one who knows how to take flying kicks and the two who have a curious love triangle to solve, take the lead in this grand finale in which things are going to get very raw. Unfortunately, it seems that Lana Wachowski had this plot designed to develop it more calmly , because it advances in super-precipitous steps, to the point that if it was already to follow the rhythm of some parts of the series, in two hours we are bombarded with so many conspiracies within conspiracies that we better have a little cool the lore of 'Sense8', because it is easy to lose comba with everything they want to tell us.

This rhythm without pause does not let breathe some lines of argument that could have given more of themselves or that should have been more intense or spectacular. The general feeling that leaves the chapter is of a smaller episode, very far from the emotion of the first season or of the scale that reached in some parts of the second . It feels a little more special, for example, by the appearances of some characters that had not seen for a while, but it is quite likely that it is not a completely satisfactory closure for fans, because they know that this series can give much more. In spite of everything, Lana Wachowski knows how to finish in high 'Sense8' with some final moments that, finally, do get the goosebumps and remind us how grateful we should be for the mere existence of this series.

It is precisely what will make the final moments of this farewell the real icing on a cake that has known little, but that has given us great moments.

Note: 5 (Does it mean "Grade"? And does it mean 5 out of 10?)

The best: The final moments of the episode. That the eight protagonists (and couples) maintain the charisma until the end.

The worst: The plot is very hasty and "not very global". There is a feeling of a minor chapter.
                      edit Turkish "review", although it's more like a description of what happens: https://www.filmloverss.com/sense8-f...mu-incelemesi/

^ Do NOT read this unless you want parts of the BPO plot and fates of characters such as Whispers, Jonas, etc. spoiled.

edit Spanish review: https://elrincon.tv/series/usa/critica-final-de-sense8/

These are going to love (especially the Europeans) because it has the best of the series. In the two and a half hours of final are all the ingredients that have made the special series and many winks to the most emblematic moments of it. But all this is logical, it is presented as a movie for them.

I emphasize again that Lana Wachoswki has done an impeccable job. At a visual level it is wonderful, the changes of character to montage, the elaborate aesthetic planes that were not even necessary at the narrative level, but that add much to the concept of the series and, in the end, give it its own sign of identity. The end of 'Sense8' is a delight, Lana has left the heart and that is palpable . This series has to be framed. Frame it forever in the history of television. It has come at the key moment to claim diversity and freedom in all areas and at different levels in the text and in the subtext . A pioneering series to be LGTB, action and science fiction at the same time. I repeat, the end, 'Sense8' in general, is a delight and the only sad thing is that it leaves us with honey on our lips.

"The end of 'Sense8' returns to its spectacular filming and careful and well-formulated montage. It's a delight." 8.9/10
                      Last edited by sense8ional; 05-31-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

From Spain.. https://www.loslunesseriefilos.com/2...de-sense8.html

"5 things to expect from the finale series of 'Sense8'"

5. Satisfactory end

A great project always deserves a great final and with 'Sense8' it was not going to be less. The fans will be responsible for judging this within a week, however, it may be one of the most satisfying finishes I've seen on television. It seems fair to me? It is not complete? It depends. It is true that when you finish, you are left with the feeling: "Ok, it seems right and very well fitted" . However, power is still lacking; that "something" that elevates the series and makes it fly towards the path of perfection. We could have achieved this perfection with a third and even fourth season. However, it will not be the case so we have to settle for this finale . As I said earlier, our own theories and thoughts are now the only ones capable of satisfying our anxiety.
                        edit Another: https://www.noespaisparacinefilos.co...ce-que-merece/

""Sense8", says goodbye with the outcome it deserves"

If the Wachowski sisters did something wrong in some of the chapters it was in the duration of the same. Some exceeded 60 minutes. Something that is not usual in these American productions. But this time, even though the duration is longer, they produce the opposite sensation. Good rhythm at all times , and with a good dose of melee combat, several starred by Detective Mun and Sun Bak (Bae Doona). The liters of blood shown in each shot are also not missing , as are the casings that fall to the ground. To further embellish everything, in the photograph the exteriors of Paris and Naples predominate . There is an important scene, shot on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower.

After the open end of the second season, this time at least there is a closure, which leaves with a good taste in the mouth and with some final minutes worthy of framing, that the fans will enjoy , because they are the house brand ... And in the section of the soundtrack, does not fail either. The final touch is displayed with Experience , by Ludovico Einaudi, in the background.

Mention to part deserve the final credits. They show an emotional gratitude to the fans, accompanied by images of the shooting.

Grade: 8.5
                        edit We can expect one more positive, from a German reviewer, when it gets published.. https://twitter.com/DerCineCast/stat...06259281702912

Translation:

Just saw the finale of @Sense8 #NetflixDE. Too bad this is the end. More coming soon @lastfilmkritik and later in the Cinecast
                        Last edited by sense8ional; 06-01-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Another: https://lezwatchtv.com/2018/sense8-f...ct-satisfying/

The finale will answer many (if not all) of your burning questions. You will know how many people actually knew about these sensates all along. You’ll see how many people learn (or don’t) and who takes it well (and who doesn’t). While it’s an end, and thus sad because of that, it’s a celebration. The characters take every moment to do so, and you can see the poignance and pathos of every moment.

Much like Sense8 has always done, it brings you in and makes you feel like you are a member of a neighbouring cluster, visiting your friends, and sharing their lives.

Maybe that’s why the show was always so, so powerful.

The underlying story was family. Not just the one we are born to, but the ones we become reborn in and the ones we choose.

Next Friday, watch the finale. It’s an end worthy of the show.
                          edit From Italy: https://www.luigitoto.it/sense8-la-r...nale-di-serie/

Let's start like this, by saying that this ending does not leave pending matters, does not leave open storylines, there is not a feeling of "could continue" and maybe that's what we were looking for: a worthy end, a just closing of a chapter, a caesura.

In the first two seasons we have experienced the construction of storylines and characters in a - fairly - slow way. The final goes in fifth on everything: perhaps for someone will stun the rest of the show, but it was a necessary expedient to end the story. There will be no more episodes, we had to speed up.

Mythology is made clearer, the answers you were looking for are provided. Again, the series does not set commas but fixed points. It is clear the will of the authors (the episode was written by Lana Wachowski, David Mitchell and Aleksandar Hemon) to leave nothing pending, not to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

A unique, different series that does not look like anything. And to say it in the golden-age of television is to say a lot. The last episode gives a satisfying conclusion to a never banal story. And the final scene is the celebration of all that was the show: love, union, beauty, strength and courage. It's not just nice words, Sense8 was a series that tried to convey a message and fought to do it to the end.
                          Rating: 8
                          Last edited by sense8ional; 06-01-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

IGN Latin America review: http://latam.ign.com/finale-sense8/5...inal-de-sense8

Masterfully, this episode manages to close all the loose ends that were around the various characters, such as the love triangle between Wolfgang, Kala and Rajan, as well as the situation between Sun and his brother, among other situations. Probably, some are not as well achieved as others, but none remains in the air.

The episode, from beginning to end, is a love letter from Lana Wachowski to all the fans of the show, giving them not only everything they probably wanted to see, but a message that, from my point of view, summarizes the two seasons of the show. If they are followers of the program, it is likely that they already know the intentions of the director with this episode, but, in any case, I assure you that it will make them laugh, reflect and even cry.

Finally, I can say that the end of Sense8 was made thinking of all the people who cried out for a third season, and although they did not necessarily receive it, they will see the heart of Lana Wachowsky in all the scenes and in each line of the characters. I can only say that they have handkerchiefs at hand and invite their favorite person because they will need a hug after seeing it.

Verdict
                            The last episode of Sense 8 summarizes everything projected during the two seasons, with scenes full of action, drama and a message that will probably make them cry. For more than two hours, Lana Wachowsky manages to give us everything that the fans had hoped for and more, giving her a wonderful ending to a very special series. Definitely, an outcome that will not disappoint anyone.
                            9/10

Great
                            A love letter for all the fans of the series
                            He also mentions there's a lot of action (from all the reviews it seems this is the most action heavy episode by far), a lot of humor which really surprised him, and every character is given something to do and shine, even the secondary ones, like Hernando.

On the negatives he mentions some scenes move way too fast because it's like an entire season has been compressed to just this special, and he also thought some montages/songs were unnecessary.

And I guess the series is truly done since a few reviews mention pretty much everything is resolved. I mean, we won't see Capheus become elected, or Lito shoot his movie, but everything pressing seems to be truly done - including Sun's brother subplot apparently? -, and all the BPO mythology fully revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
                              And I guess the series is truly done since a few reviews mention pretty much everything is resolved. I mean, we won't see Capheus become elected, or Lito shoot his movie, but everything pressing seems to be truly done - including Sun's brother subplot apparently? -, and all the BPO mythology fully revealed.
                              Having spoken to people who have seen the finale, there's definitely still a few threads left unresolved. Rajan's weird business dealings, in particular, is something I don't think any reviews or people who have seen the finale have mentioned. I presume his business dealings would have involved the drugs in Nairobi and Silas Kabaka, Bak Industries, and potentially a few other things.

I've also been told, that in particular, one storyline that gets completely ignored much to my dismay is
                              Capheus and the election, which, disappointments me especially since Koman of the Kenyan Democratic Reform Party filmed at the Eiffel Tower.

Comment

Working...
                              X