Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.1-Ep. 8 - "We Will All Be Judged by the Courage of Our Hearts" - SPOILERS

Interesting statement.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

S.1-Ep. 8 - "We Will All Be Judged by the Courage of Our Hearts" - SPOILERS

Very interesting title....and long!
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Just wanted to say this is my favorite title
      My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Conan, what is best in life?
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Basically, the Wachowskis are *huge* fans of the Conan movie and several years ago they were going to produce a new Conan movie.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/01/...is-leave-conan
          My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Serious back story for wolfgang, my friend was puzzled as she thought him and Felix were brothers (more on that later) Sun kicking ass, nomi escaping a very close encounter with Mister whispers and Freeman, ye gods freeman, teh whole thing with the tampon was jsut brilliant.

Sad note at the end, also I don't recall if it was this episode or the previous one but that line about you looking at the gangster and the gangster looking back, pure JMS that (with shades of recent Dr who also, stare in to the abyss and it stares back).

Then Hernando breaking up with Lito at the end, sad phaze, sad phaze friend also.

We could not stop there so moved on to episode 9....
            Last edited by phazedout; 07-14-2015, 01:59 PM. Reason: munch munch munch
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Oh, thanks phaze for unwittingly reminding me that I totally forgot to post my thoughts on the five remaining episodes!

I really liked "We Will All Be Judged by the Courage of Our Hearts". It was also the first episode where I could really feel JMS influence not just in some of the dialogues (as in previous episodes), but also thematically. Everything about choices and consequences was pure JMS - and not just with Daniela, where it's probably the most noticeable (since she actually openly states it), but also with Sun (who after fighting the prison bitch, lands in solitary), Wolfgang (who faces the consequences of stealing the diamonds) and Capheus (who is visited by the gang because of his employment with the gangster). I also really liked the flashbacks to Wolfgangs childhood, especially everything about their love for Conan ("Conan, what is best in life?") and the problematic reunification after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Also, the episodes now start to profit more and more from the slow introduction, since I really feel connected (no pun intended) to the characters by now. I'm especially taken with Riley and Will, and I think that Tuppence Middleton and Brian J. Smith do a great job selling their mutual attraction. The highlight of the episode, however, was Nomi's escape on the bike, with a little help from her sensate friends. Overall, a really gripping and interesting episode.

Comment

Working...
              X