How To Watch Sense8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Watch Sense8

I am sure this topic has been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I think this thread is a good idea given the current format we are about to enjoy Sense8 through. Please post your thoughts according to how you view Sense8 for the first time or after multiple viewings.

So here is a place we can discuss how to watch Sense8.

Take Your Time Vs. Marathon

I plan to take my time - three weeks tops.

I think this is an important question in this day and age. I know I recently did a marathon viewing of three seasons of Babylon 5 with a first time viewer and it was a bit of a mistake. There was so much to take in and process and we watched them so quickly. I could sit there and watch all the episodes of Sense8 over two days, but I think I'd rather stretch it out, think about each episode, and try to really enjoy it instead of letting my anticipation get the better of me. I know this will be a very difficult task, but I'd rather not get to that awful feeling when the season is over too quickly.

You know Yahoo! Screen is doing an interesting thing. I have been watching this very entertaining show called Other Space through them. Like Netflix you can watch the whole season now, but unlike Netflix it is free. It has been very difficult to take my time with that series, especially given that it is just a half-hour comedy. On the other hand they are also showing Season 6 of Community, but they are only posting a new episode every Tuesday. I think I actually like that instead of posting the whole season at once. I don't have to watch it every Tuesday because once it is posted it is posted, but I also didn't burn through the season in the first three days, which I definitely would have.

Anyway, you can see why I think it might be interesting to discuss how quickly or slowly we watch the show we have all been anticipating for so long.

And I LOVE that we already have Episode Threads that are Spoiler Free and Spoiler-rific. THANK YOU JAN ! ! !
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I am sure this topic has been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I think this thread is a good idea given the current format we are about to enjoy Sense8 through. Please post your thoughts according to how you view Sense8 for the first time or after multiple viewings.

So here is a place we can discuss how to watch Sense8.

Take Your Time Vs. Marathon

I plan to take my time - three weeks tops.
    If I could, I'd probably binge immediately. For two reasons which I'm sure are perfectly logical and well thought out and not the slightest bit self-deluding. Nope, not at all.

First and foremost, because I take my heavy duties as moderator here very seriously indeed, it's my job to read every single post in case somebody makes a mistake and puts a spoiler in where it shouldn't be by accident or a fight breaks out (yeah...like that'd happen in the best community online!). Every single post. So if I were to try to take my time, I'd still be spoiled in no time. Better to bite the bullet and take one for the team and binge.

Second, JMS himself *said* that this was constructed like a twelve-hour movie so one really *should* watch it as he said, right? I mean, who knows better than one of the co-creators of the show!?!?

All right, the real reason is because it's new JMS TV! Just as I 'gulp' new books by favorite authors, I'd be certain to gulp this one and go back and savor pretty much immediately after.

Alas, because the show premieres the one weekend per month where I have to work on Saturday, I won't be able to entirely binge. But I'm planning on being short of sleep!

I think this is an important question in this day and age. I know I recently did a marathon viewing of three seasons of Babylon 5 with a first time viewer and it was a bit of a mistake. There was so much to take in and process and we watched them so quickly.
    Very good point. While I could have done very well without the months-long intervals between some groups of B5 episodes, having time to really think about what I'd seen really did enhance things for me, I think.

And I LOVE that we already have Episode Threads that are Spoiler Free and Spoiler-rific. THANK YOU JAN ! ! !
    You're very welcome! And I'll be sure to edit the subject lines as new titles become available. I'm really hoping that there will be *lots* of conversation. This is so exciting!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      This is so exciting!

Jan
      I KNOW - I KNOW ! ! ! And it is sooooo close.

And here is another wonder of the day we live it. It premiers and you can watch the first episode and then watch it immediately again just in case you missed anything. Or watch the whole series and then immediately watch the whole series again. Or you can watch every episode twice. Or you can watch episode one, followed by episode two, followed by the first half of episode one immediately followed by the second half of episode two. LOL

Comment

Very exciting.

Due to time constraints I will probably watch an episode - or a few - per day initially. I can do the Marathon later.
        Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I'll watch as many as my free time allows. If I can watch let's say 6 + 6 in 2 days, I'll be happy.
          My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

I will try limit myself to one or two per day, but it seems VERY likely I'll binge it all in a weekend!

Very excited for this.
            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

And isn't amazing that, basically, around the world we'll all be able to experience it together around the same time.

I mean we could actually schedule it so we all watch it at exactly the same time. And everyone will have to go according to my schedule.

Comment

I think you mean *my* schedule, right, Looney?

For me, I think I'm going to watch it straight through twice in pretty short succession since I've long known that seeing JMS TV is different the first two times at least. With B5 the foreshadowing really became evident the second time around and with Sense8, I'm expecting to catch nuances that I missed the first time.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I wish I had the time to binge watch it. As it is now, I have essentially a 12 hour day of which about 4 hours is taken up by my commute to and from work.

Now I could watch an episode each way on the train, but I don't relish watching it on a 5" phone screen the 1st time. I'd rather watch it on the big screen at home.

In fact I'm not going to be able to get to it at all unil Saturday morning at the earliest.

So I'll watch it ASMSA (As My Schedule Allows). But I'll be trying to avoid spoilers.

I'm excited for it regardless of how we watch it.
                  All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X