X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.1-Ep. 4 - "What's Going On?" - SPOILERS

Gotta have ten characters....

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

S.1-Ep. 4 - "What's Going On?" - NO Spoilers

Ten characters...

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Things are starting to pick up nicely after the more sedate Episode 3! I like that we're getting the rules of the cohort now, and things are slowly slotting into place. The action is ramping up, and the stakes are being set.

Nice!

I hope Riley can leave London soon so we can get away from all the terrible mockney British accents.
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Isn't the actor who plays her friend from England?

Really enjoyed this episode and the end of it with everyone hearing/singing the same song.

Liked the followup to the African bus story. Yes definitely a common theme with the pharmaceuticals.

Thinking of re-watching the first four episodes before I dive into the next one. Right now off to bed.

Comment

I'm writing this after having watched episode 5 as well. By the end of this one, I wasn't feeling great about the series. I think the pacing - or lack thereof - was bugging me. I've been waiting for "big things" to happen in every episode, and they just haven't. But, after watching the fifth episode, I think I've gotten beyond that expectation. Now I'm really enjoying learning more about what's going on, and watching the different pairs/trios interact with each other.

I don't know how the rest of the series is going to go, but I don't think I've ever watched anything quite like this. The lack of a waiting period between episodes really has changed the need for a cliffhanger to keep a viewer hooked until next week. At the same time, each episode of Sense8 does end with either a mini-cliffhanger or a powerful scene that makes me want to watch "just one more". I'm sticking to my one episode per day schedule, but it isn't easy!

Comment

I
            m not quite on one episide a day as I like to sit down for an uniterrupted hour and it's tricky sometimes with uni and ingress schedules.

Watched this tonight and felt the first real moment of conenction, the lot of them singing the song together. Some lovely moments too.

Anyone else spot when riley was sitting ont he parapet, she was covering up some of the writing and to her righ, you could see the word "sun".

I'm also thinking there's not enough time, we're just getting to know these people we need a second season damnit.

Also a nice comedic moemnt with will and his dad's mate with the foul moouthed Akido sensei.

Ihad something more eloquent written but I included a non western alphabetic character in place of an apostraphie and the forum ate the rest of my post.
            lsleepy time for phaze now, g'ngiht
            Last edited by phazedout; 06-11-2015, 03:48 PM.
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

most fridays (if I and she can) I meet a friend for ingress then sauna and firefly. . As a member of the LGBT community I was interested in her take on sense8 so I told her after one episode of firefly I would show her the first ep of Sense8. So why, you ask, am I posting this in the episode 4 thread? I think you can guess. We ended up watching the 4 eps I've watched so far, back to back. She loved it, after episode four when i hit stop, she wanted to watch another one! I pointed out she was on roller skates and an hour from home and it was almost 10 pm.

I'm delighted she as a non rabid JMS fan is enjoying this show immensely and it is wonderful to explore it together. I noticed some things I had missed and she pointed out some stuff to me as well.

Nomi's transgender status is indicated subtly (with the hormone injections) and flagrantly (with the confrontational girl sitting on the grass at her first pride). i totally missed that.

Also I hadn't made the connection between kid will picking the lock of the handcuffs with the giant paper-clip in episode one and nomi accessing wills lockpick skills to open her own handcuffs with the cannula in episode four.

We both agreed Sun's brother is a despicable piece of gossa and she thought Lito and Eduardo (not sure on the second name) were a really sweet couple.

Well those are my thoughts after rewatching 1-4, even though I've not seen five yet.
              Phaze
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

The first half of the episode continued the rather disappointing, a little too slow and mellow impression of the previous episode, but towards the end, things finally started to pick up. I don't particularly like the song, but that scene with "What's Going On" (strangely enough called "What's Up" on Rileys iPod) was pure magic, and so far, the best scene of the series. The way most of them connected through this song, be it Riley listening to it, Wolfgang singing it (later on together with Kala in a powerful, romantic duet), Capheus kinda hearing it while driving his bus, and then Nomi having it stuck in her head (and, seriously, I'm head over heels in love with Amanita, who continues to get some of the best lines and moments of the show. "Perfect soundtrack for a lobotomy" - I almost fell off my couch from laughing so hard), and so on. Absolutely brillant, and a scene that can only work like that in the very particular framework of "Sense8". And of course, Nomi's escape was really gripping. The rest of the episode, however, was "just" ok.

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                  Nomi's transgender status is indicated subtly (with the hormone injections) and flagrantly (with the confrontational girl sitting on the grass at her first pride). i totally missed that.
                  I'd been wondering what it was that she was injecting herself with. Thanks to your friend for pointing that out. I'd noticed the woman at the Pride picnic, though.

Just saw Jamie Clayton refer to Nomi and Amanita as 'Nomanita' in the interview Sense8ional posted. What would that make Worlgang and Kala? And Will and Riley? That last is a tough one unless we were to go with 'Wiley'? Not that they all need combined names but it's kind of fun to think about.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                  X