X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.1-Ep. 2 - "I Am Also A We" - SPOILERS

Coming soon...

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

S.1-Ep. 2 - "I Am Also A We" - NO Spoilers

Insert something clever here...

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Got some sleep and watched the second episode. Not exactly the ideal way to watch a show, but it beats waiting a whole week!

I love these people!

I've been following the show for so long that I'm not sure that I'm really coming to it unspoiled but, while a few reviews mentioned it, it's really cool that we're getting into the family relationships of the characters.

Off to work, darnit!

Jan

Comment

Ep2 was better than Ep1 (which was still okay). And I think Ep3 is even better (I'm 10 minutes into it, so I thought I'd post this in the Ep2 thread instead). So yeah hopefully it gets better and better.

But what a bunch of crybabies all these critics saying nothing makes sense must be.

We don't know the why and the how it is happening to these 8 people but we do understand what is happening to them.

So far I'm not confused at all!
        My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
          Ep2 was better than Ep1 (which was still okay). And I think Ep3 is even better (I'm 10 minutes into it, so I thought I'd post this in the Ep2 thread instead). So yeah hopefully it gets better and better.

But what a bunch of crybabies all these critics saying nothing makes sense must be.

We don't know the why and the how it is happening to these 8 people but we do understand what is happening to them.

So far I'm not confused at all!
          I just finished watching all 12 episodes. I had absolutely no problem following the plot.

Episodes 1 through 3 focus on character development, but still move the plot along.

I really enjoyed watching Sense8. I rated it 10 / 10 on IMDb. Once the character development is completed the story builds to a breakneck pace towards the end of episode 12.

The viewing time is closer to 10 hours and 30 minutes. The average length of an episode is around 50 to 52 minutes. Sense8 is more like a 10 1/2 hour film than a television series.

My favorite segment is the end of episode 10, which features Beethoven's Emperor Concerto. That selection of music is very effectively used, with the editing matching the beats perfectly.

Writing, directing, acting, production design, editing, sound editing, music arrangement and music editing are all excellent.

Sense8 deserves a season 2. I will have a hard time waiting.

Comment

Cool to read! I'm on Ep4 and it gets better and better!
            My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Getting better already

I really liked Navin Andrews in this one - yes I'm a big Lost fan. His interactions with Will and Nomi were great, and the final chase scene was very cool. I liked the Indian dance scene, and the Pride vlog scene was very powerful. I'm not sure that I cared much for the Mexican actor gay reveal (it was very telegraphed if it was supposed to be a surprise) but I did like the actress's reaction.

The only sour notes were Wolfgang's sex scene - which could always turn into something bigger I suppose, and the "evil mother and doctor" subplot - which seemed pretty ham-fisted, but should lead to Will and Nomi being the first of the 8 to meet in the flesh.

I really hope our African and South Korean 8's get some attention soon.

Once again, the ending has me looking forward to the next episode.

Overall, I'd rate this one a solid B+.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                Sense8 deserves a season 2. I will have a hard time waiting.
                I have seen a few articles say the JMS worked out a 5-year story for this one too!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                  I have seen a few articles say the JMS worked out a 5-year story for this one too!
                  I've read the same articles. From what I understand jms has a general map of he five year arc. He and the Wachowskis have a 20 to 30 page treatment for season 2.

The big downside of binge-watching the first season of Sense8 is that I want to see season 2, but know that it won't be available for a year.

Comment

Loved the actress' reaction as well. Yes, the story and characters are building up.
                    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

This is the episode that hooked me. I found episode 1 to be a bit too slow paced. The intrigue in this one really pulls you in.

I'm only a few episodes in, but I don't find the series confusing at all. I don't see why the critics are being harsh. It jumps around a lot, but confusing? No.

So far, so good. Time to start episode 4.

Comment

Just finished episode 2. Loved the final chase. "If you're here who's driving back there?" Really digging the Jonas character as well.

Well the Mexican actor's sexuality wasn't a secret from reading the reviews. It was cool to see the African character see the celebration in San Francisco (Dolores Park great place) but I do want to see more of his stuff. Yes very little Korea so far.

Like the little hints that there is a larger conspiracy going on somewhere. Can't wait until next episode but I need to get back to work!

EDIT: also, when Jonas said Daryl Hannah's character "gave birth" to them I am wondering if that's referring to birth of their powers; it seems like that story is close to this one in real-time; otherwise it seems unlikely the cop would have seen Jonas in Chicago.
                        Last edited by JoeD80; 06-07-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Yah episode 1 is more character and locale introduction and it feels like more plot in this episode. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                            Just finished episode 2. Loved the final chase. "If you're here who's driving back there?" Really digging the Jonas character as well.

Well the Mexican actor's sexuality wasn't a secret from reading the reviews. It was cool to see the African character see the celebration in San Francisco (Dolores Park great place) but I do want to see more of his stuff. Yes very little Korea so far.

Like the little hints that there is a larger conspiracy going on somewhere. Can't wait until next episode but I need to get back to work!

EDIT: also, when Jonas said Daryl Hannah's character "gave birth" to them I am wondering if that's referring to birth of their powers; it seems like that story is close to this one in real-time; otherwise it seems unlikely the cop would have seen Jonas in Chicago.
                            Yes this episode puts Jonas in the lead for my favorite character.

My opinion is that she didn't give them powers or create their powers, but she activated their powers. I guess I'll find out by watching more episodes.
                            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Minor observation that I rather enjoyed. The episode titles are generally (not sure always, that's part of the coming re-watch) quotes from the episode. But they're not necessarily anything to do with the character's being sensate. Kinda cool. It seems to put the emphasis on the fact that they're people who had lives before this happened to them.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X