S.1-Ep. 1 - "Limbic Resonance" - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.1-Ep. 1 - "Limbic Resonance" - SPOILERS

Starting the threads so they're ready for posts!

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

S.1-Ep. 1 - "Limbic Resonance" - NO Spoilers

Brand new, ready for SPOILER FREE discussion.

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3818888/

Comment

Must.... wait......... longer...................
        sigpic

sense8linked.com
        twitter/sense8linked
        facebook/sense8linked

boschwelliver.com
        sexynaveen.com

Comment

This is the only eppy that doesn't have a partner - No Spoilers thread. Because it's like Tigger!

Comment

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
            This is the only eppy that doesn't have a partner - No Spoilers thread. Because it's like Tigger!
            No, it's there...it's just down at the bottom of the list for some reason.

Jan

Comment

Ahhh okay. That's good it never works out well when people/things try to be like Tigger. "giggles"

Comment

Got up in the wee hours of the morning to be part of the experience.

I can see why people might have been confused by the first episode but so far I'm more than a little intrigued by all of the characters.

Now, sadly, I have to go get some more sleep. Back for more as soon as I can!

Jan

Comment

Noticed in the credits that one of the Wachowskis' sisters (yes, there are 4 siblings - not just Lana and Andy) is credited as "story researcher".

Julie Wachowski, writer. http://www.amazon.com/In-Plain-View-.../dp/0373062370

edit and the design of the main titles is attributed to Lana's wife: Karin Winslow Wachowski
                  Last edited by sense8ional; 06-05-2015, 04:53 AM.
                  My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

A Pretty Solid Start, with Nice Hooks

Am I really the first one to comment after having watched an episode?

Anyway, as far as a "pilot" episode goes, this one mostly worked for me. Lots of characters to introduce, and in some cases an introduction is about all we get. A few too many cliches for me to love it - the Chicago cops, Mumbai dutiful daughter, and Berlin thieves come to mind - but I'm hopeful that some of those will be turned inside-out in coming episodes.

The overarching story looks like it will be very cool, and I'm hoping Naveen Andrews and Daryl Hannah get plenty more screen time as we move along. The cinematography and sound are very much feature film quality, and the magnitude of the story, characters, and locations should make for an epic event.

Highs - London drug heist gone wrong
                    First scenes of characters experiencing each other's worlds
                    Van Damme bus! and related dialogue
                    Weird open with multiple folks there/not there

Lows - Did we need to hear the cop's dad was killed by gangbangers?
                    Safe cracking scene, are those ever really dramatic?
                    Indian woman praying to let us know she doesn't love her fiancee.

In the end, even if I didn't want to give Sense8 the benefit of the doubt due to JMS' involvement, I'd want to see what happens next. There are characters we've barely met who I want to learn more about. The trio that seem to know what the hell is going on are sure to be playing some high-stakes games (whether or not Daryl Hannah is somehow still alive in the corporeal sense) with each other and the 8.

I'd rate this episode a solid B and hope for better as we get past the backstory info dumps.

Comment

IIRC, the dad was shot but not killed. It ended his career, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
                        Ahhh okay. That's good it never works out well when people/things try to be like Tigger. "giggles"
                        The wonderful thing about Tiggers
                        Is Tiggers are wonderful things.
                        Their tops are made out of rubber.
                        Their bottoms are made out of springs. ...

More seriously, just finished watching all 12 episodes. I did a top level, spoiler-free review in the episode 2 spoiler free thread.

All the episodes have merged together in my mind, so I need to view each episode again, but at a more leisurely pace.

Overall, I look forward to season 2.

Comment

I am starting the marathon! Gawd, that opening scene was kinda cool!
                          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Have just watched the first two eppies. I have to admit I found the pilot pretty boring, for the most part. It's all so disconnected and skips around so much, and there just wasn't much depth to any of it.

I didn't find myself caring much about anyone. The Nomi and her gf scenes were sweet, and the Indian girl is very pretty.

Eppy 2 was better and gave me one interesting storyline, at least, but I hate how it skips about and makes you slog through bits and pieces of all the other boring characters.

It's no B5 at all.

I find myself agreeing with much of the critical reviews I read yesterday, but if I manage to make it through all 12 eppies maybe I'll like it better by the end.

At this point, after eppy 2 it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but I think it will eventually. I hope, anyway.

Comment

Okay, Okay, I just finished the pilot. I have to say that it did not live up to my expectations, BUT my expectations were RIDICULOUSLY high. Where it fell short of my expectations were the scenes that I didn't like. That doesn't mean they were bad, it just means they were bad for my tastes, i.e. the hugely cliche reluctant bride scene.

Oddly enough I don't really feel the need to watch the next episode right away. I think so much happened and there was so much to take in that I need to let it digest first. I think the thing I am most concerned about is that the "Van Damme" scene was my favorite scene. What does that say about me after all the stuff that occurred in that episode?!
                              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                              X