Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    I just saw that Sense8Con3 has been postponed.
    https://twitter.com/Sense8Con/status...204931/photo/1

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    They will come .....

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    This is great, thanks, Jan! Looking forward to part 3! And maybe a few pictures? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    First (and second) part is on my blog.
    Two posts, an introduction, and a review of Day One (Saturday) of the convention. More coming later.
    babylonlurker.dk

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post

Well, for cons with a less specialized subject I would expect more. Many people from outside Europe could not come due to financial or time constraints. We did have a few, though.

Also, the con was not widely announced outside the dedicated Sense8 forums.

It was a great time, indeed.
    I was wondering about that last bit. Without a lot of publicity you can't expect a big crowd. I know Space City Con 2014 had publicity about being a B5 reunion, but it seems it was pretty late coming, ie not much time to plan to be there. That seems to be a problem with a lot of Cons. You can't plan them out to far in advance because celebrity commitments are so tenuous. Plan a show specific Con and you might lose all your celebrity guests in the weeks leading up to it.

I am surprised we haven't heard any reaction from our more dedicated Sense 8 fans. It seems they've possibly moved on to more Sense 8 specific sites. Of course, not much to discuss. I think we're all in that time where we're taking a break and maybe we'll do a re-watch next year.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post

2-300? That seems like a very small turnout! Is that about the expected crowd size at Cons like this?

Great to hear you had a good time though!
    Well, for cons with a less specialized subject I would expect more. Many people from outside Europe could not come due to financial or time constraints. We did have a few, though.

Also, the con was not widely announced outside the dedicated Sense8 forums.

It was a great time, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    I am just back from Sense8Con2 in Paris.
    This con had much of the feeling as the B5 (20th) reunion conventions in Phoenix and Galveston to me.
    I should be preparing a blog post. But first organize (written and mental) notes and some photos I took there.
    But first I should say that I had a great time with 2-300 Sense8 fans, and the (actor) guests were splendid.
    All the guests told us that being there at the making of Sens8 transformed them.

There is a Sense8Con planned in Paris (again) on 23/24 May next year.
    2-300? That seems like a very small turnout! Is that about the expected crowd size at Cons like this?

Great to hear you had a good time though!
    Last edited by Ubik; 04-06-2019, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sense8ional
    replied
    It will be fun to read about your experience! Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    started a topic Sense8Con2

Sense8Con2

I am just back from Sense8Con2 in Paris.
    This con had much of the feeling as the B5 (20th) reunion conventions in Phoenix and Galveston to me.
    I should be preparing a blog post. But first organize (written and mental) notes and some photos I took there.
    But first I should say that I had a great time with 2-300 Sense8 fans, and the (actor) guests were splendid.
    All the guests told us that being there at the making of Sens8 transformed them.

There is a Sense8Con planned in Paris (again) on 23/24 May next year.
Working...
X