X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also From B5Books Land https://b5books.com/
    -------------------------------------
    NOW OFFERING HARDCOVER AND eBOOKS
    FROM NOW ON certain B5 BOOKS will be AVAILABLE IN HARDCOVER AND EBOOK.
    Hardcovers: 8.5x11, the same size as an actual script page. Glossy laminate cover. Acid-free paper. $48.99 per book
    Ebooks - Each purchase includes both the .mobi format (Kindle) and .epub format (Apple, most non-Kindle) Download link sent immediately after purchase. $18.99 per book

Choices are either a 3-Hardcover-Book Bundle or a 3-Ebook Bundle of the Other Crusade books. And if one purchases a Bundle, one gets (that version of) the Crusade Encyclopedia at no extra change. Appears to be the Crusade-related entries from the B5 Encyclopedia released in a single volume. Went ahead and purchased the Ebook version, and was able to download both Epub and Mobi versions of the three Other Crusade books along with the Crusade Encyclopedia. If you want the Hardcover Encyclopedia, looks like you'd have to purchase the 3-Hardcover-Book Bundle.

https://b5books.com/babylon-5-crusade-books/

Click image for larger version  Name:	C-enc.jpg Views:	2 Size:	161.0 KB ID:	161197
    Last edited by LateArrival; 08-03-2022, 07:52 PM.
    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

Originally posted by LateArrival View Post
      Also From B5Books Land https://b5books.com/
      NOW OFFERING HARDCOVER AND eBOOKS
      FROM NOW ON certain B5 BOOKS will be AVAILABLE IN HARDCOVER AND EBOOK.
      Hardcovers: 8.5x11, the same size as an actual script page. Glossy laminate cover. Acid-free paper. $48.99 per book
      Ebooks - Each purchase includes both the .mobi format (Kindle) and .epub format (Apple, most non-Kindle) Download link sent immediately after purchase. $18.99 per book
      By the way, in case anyone has missed all of the messages from Amazon - here is one about mobi and epub
      We wanted to let you know that starting August 2022, you’ll no longer be able to send MOBI (.mobi, .azw) files to your Kindle library. Any MOBI files already in your library will not be affected by this change. MOBI is an older file format and won’t support the newest Kindle features for documents. Any existing MOBI files you want to read with our most up-to-date features for documents will need to be re-sent in a compatible format.

Compatible formats now include EPUB (.epub), which you can send to your library using your Send to Kindle email address. We’ll also be adding EPUB support to the free Kindle app for iOS and Android devices and the Send to Kindle desktop app for PC and Mac.
      So, if you are getting any of these as eBooks, it is best to get them in .epub format if you wish to read them on a Kindle. [I did forward an email I received from Amazon which contained the above info to Captain Jaclyn.]
      Last edited by nottenst; 08-04-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

LOL.

But guys... the complex formatting of scripts means they can't be made into ebooks... it's just too much work! Oh look eBooks... (I applaud this move, but am definitely having a chuckle).

Crusade was dealt with in Becoming Superman... but wait, we can always backtrack! Yes!

Too lazy too look up Crusade stuff in your existing encyclopedia? We got your back!

They really should have stopped. This is just scraping the barrel.

Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Addendum: I'd still love the promised audio drama, but I'd only buy it as a download separate form the book.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
            LOL.

But guys... the complex formatting of scripts means they can't be made into ebooks... it's just too much work! Oh look eBooks... (I applaud this move, but am definitely having a chuckle).

Crusade was dealt with in Becoming Superman... but wait, we can always backtrack! Yes!

Too lazy too look up Crusade stuff in your existing encyclopedia? We got your back!

They really should have stopped. This is just scraping the barrel.
            Personally I find the Crusade-only material interesting as it's a new way of viewing that part of the B5 Encyclopedia and the series. But then again, I'd also take an audio epistolary like Dracula and re-arrange it to hear a character's entire narration without interruption. Just another way of viewing the same information from a different perspective. Without the occasional change of perspective and difference of opinion, we'd be living in caves wondering if rocks were edible.

The site message stated "Fans began campaigning for the volumes without his commentary, explaining how much they wanted just the unproduced scripts, memos, concept artwork and related content. Always wanting to do right by fans, JMS agreed." Unfortunately the three Other Crusade Ebooks do NOT have reformatted Scripts. The introductions, interviews, Joe Cuts, and notes would appear to be Text, but the Scripts themselves appear to be more like pictures than Text. Whether reprinted Ebooks or two more WTHHs, people who are interested can buy them, and those who aren't can hope Renewed Interest leads to New Things. (edit - pasted this part back)

(edit - retyping from flawed memory) Also eagerly awaiting audio-continuations of a certain B5 spinoff, but at this late date who can say what is or isn't possible. Big Finish has narrators "filling in" for actors passed Beyond the Rim, or revised Full Cast scripts for sole narration. Recently there was a "new" Orville audio episode in an extended novelized format, and if season 4 fizzles out, this could also the series to continue. In 1999 BBV productions released two audio titles about a (fully licensed) Robot Dog K9 and his "Mistress" in the realm of E(Exo)-Space. A Part 3 (?!) was released in May 2022, so ANYTHING is possible. Would guess it boils down to Licensing, Interest, Scheduling, and of course Profitability.
            Last edited by LateArrival; 08-07-2022, 10:51 AM. Reason: What was that quote about "being in the car?" - that sums it up.

Comment

Unfortunately the three Other Crusade Ebooks do NOT have reformatted Scripts. The introductions, interviews, Joe Cuts, and notes would appear to be Text, but the Scripts themselves appear to be more like pictures than Text. Whether reprinted Ebooks or two more WTHHs, people who are interested can buy them, and those who aren't can hope Renewed Interest leads to New Things.
              I'm sorry, Late Arrival, the obove resembles an Informed Opinion from somebody who's actually either seen the product or has asked appropriate questions of the B5 Books team. I'm not sure that's really allowed... Ubik, what do you think? (why yes, that's intense sarcasm...)

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                LOL.

This is just scraping the barrel.
                Ubik, are you calling me Barrel Scrape?................ 🤣🤣🤣😂
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  I'm sorry, Late Arrival, the obove resembles an Informed Opinion from somebody who's actually either seen the product or has asked appropriate questions of the B5 Books team. I'm not sure that's really allowed... Ubik, what do you think? (why yes, that's intense sarcasm...)
                  Noticed the availability info posted on the B5Books website on the 3rd and purchased the Ebook Bundle an hour later. This was about a day or so ahead of the official email announcement, so ironically was Early for once due to Weird Timing. Would fall into the category of "somebody who's ... seen the product" as the ebook versions were available for purchase/download on the 3rd and my credit card wasn't fast enough hiding under the sofa. Don't want to Violate Forum Rules , so have edited the original post to Zap any "Informed Opinion" information, but looks like my Zapping it doesn't get rid of parts that were Quoted.

Edit (getting tired of that word) - was Late to school on the day they covered Irony in it's many forms, including Sarcasm. But thankfully there is always the Edit (that word again) Button.
                  Last edited by LateArrival; 08-07-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I think I'm going to agree with Jan on this. I prefer the information I read to be UNinformed. We need to stick with wild speculation at all times. ........

UGGGGH why won't any of you become my Sugar Mama or Sugar Daddy?!?!?!?!?! I need someone to pay for things I want because I need to save my money! I would be quite wealthy if someone else was paying for all my desires.
                    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Noticed the availability info posted on the B5Books website on the 3rd and purchased the Ebook Bundle an hour later. This was about a day or so ahead of the official email announcement, so ironically was Early for once due to Weird Timing. Would fall into the category of "somebody who's ... seen the product" as the ebook versions were available for purchase/download on the 3rd and my credit card wasn't fast enough hiding under the sofa. Don't want to Violate Forum Rules , so have edited the original post to Zap any "Informed Opinion" information, but looks like my Zapping it doesn't get rid of parts that were Quoted.
                      I'm sorry you made that edit and I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I VASTLY prefer posts like yours that provide actual information than posts like the other which simply groused unseen and without taking any effort to find out. My apologies for being unclear.
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        I VASTLY prefer posts like yours that provide actual information than posts like the other which simply groused unseen and without taking any effort to find out. .
                        Even more info. The latest B5Books newsletter offers Direct Links to purchase By Itself either the hardcover Crusade Encyclopedia for $48.99 - plus Tax/Shipping, and/or the Ebook version for $18.99 - but no tax if in the US (?). Guessing it might be 3-weeks-ish for the hardcover to arrive, whilst can get the ebook immediately. Or why not order both, as can zip through the ebook without getting the hardcover covered with dirt or virus-of-the-month germs. At present, the B5Books website doesn't have this info, so am not going to post the links here as they might be only for people subscribed to the newsletter.

Great news for , as now their SugarPerson only needs the equivalent of a Tank of Gas to acquire the hardcover!!
                        Last edited by LateArrival; 08-09-2022, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Got a note from Captain Jaclyn at B5 Books late last night. She asked me to let folks know that they've had an email outage where incoming emails weren't getting through for several days. They've started coming in now so she wanted to let everybody know that if you've written to [email protected] or ordered, she'll be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

Hello! What is this!? This is news to me. For some reason the Newsletters about this have not reached me. So great fun to hear about the other WTHH-books.

But i must add that most of my enjoyment of JMS scripts is in reading his comments about them. So it would be sad to miss them, if scripts are published.

Comment

Working...
                            X