Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is What The Hell Happened happening?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Triple F View Post
    A few years back another audio group did a story based on Fiona Avery’s script for the unfilmed Crusade episode, “Value Judgements”. She even provided some additional dialog for the production, then it was pulled from their site at some point.

    It’s called Devel’s Deal and can be found, and played/downloaded, from the wayback machine.

    http://web.archive.org/web/200811170...il%27sDeal.mp3
    Cool, thanks for sharing. I'd heard of this but never known how to access it.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Cool, thanks for sharing. I'd heard of this but never known how to access it.
      Beside this really COOL info ...

      When I came to this dead thread, the last post was on June 22.
      When I did my post and came out there were three other.

      Come on. who is the telepath?

      B5 Stefan

      --
      Kosh to Lyta: "All arranged, as is payment, we will meet in Red-3 at the
      hour of scampering"
      [Deathwalker]

      Comment


      • #18
        Since I just started Crusade again - any news on this?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cornholio1980 View Post
          Since I just started Crusade again - any news on this?
          Nothing. Nada.

          But iirc not far ago jms did an angryesque answer when asked s.th. similar on twitter...
          Jan?

          B5-Stefan

          --
          Max Eilerson: "Nations rise and fall. Planets live and die.
          But corporations go on and on, through good times and bad,
          because it's all about profit.
          "
          [Crusade: "Racing the Night"]

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
            Nothing. Nada.

            But iirc not far ago jms did an angryesque answer when asked s.th. similar on twitter...
            Jan?
            Related, perhaps, but not really similar/the same. The post was about imagining re-doing the effects (iirc) and he pointed out that it's like asking somebody to imagine the cool clothes one's dead child could wear. In the past he's mentioned how he still got upset when revisiting that period.
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

            Comment


            • #21
              Hello,

              up for this thread.
              As mentionned on another thread :
              - 3 of the 4 Crusade books have been reprinted
              - The 4th, What the hell happened, hasn't

              BUT

              if you check the B5Books Catalog, it had an overall several days ago to reflect their complete catalog : https://b5books.com/babylon-5-books-catalog/
              Now what is interesting is that the Crusade section was altered so that the order of the book was changed.
              Until now, they were put chronogicaly by release date, BUT now, WTHH is put in last position, which is the logical position if... other books are coming soon
              "Ahh...Beautiful. I will miss this. When it is gone." Kosh Naranek - 26 February, 2258.

              https://babylon5.xyz

              Comment


              • #22
                In case people missed it, Joe was asked about v2 on his twitter and mentioned that he ended up deciding to write the story into his autobiography instead.

                https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...72695358717952

                Also that some day the scripts themselves will be published, but there will never be the audio drama:

                https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...04436903854080

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                  In case people missed it, Joe was asked about v2 on his twitter and mentioned that he ended up deciding to write the story into his autobiography instead.

                  https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...72695358717952

                  Also that some day the scripts themselves will be published, but there will never be the audio drama:

                  https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...04436903854080
                  Ah, that's a shame. Whilst the book held zero interest for me (I felt much of the material was already repeated and spread pretty thin in the previous volumes), I was fairly excited about the promised audio drama. Oh well.
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                  Kosh: Good!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The subject came up during JMS' recent AMA on Reddit:


                    The problem I ran into was that a lot of what would have ended up in that book was needed for the bio, and I didn't want to make fans pay twice for the same information. Coming at it with some new ideas to honor the intent of the fans.
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I think this a good move on JMS part.
                      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                      Kosh: Good!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I just read the relevant chapter in the book. It has 4 pages on Crusade. I think some of that is information we already heard. Can't recall what was in Vol. 1. Maybe it would be too painful to go into the detail that a second volume would require. We got the short version, which may be all we need. From reading Becoming Superman, most of his TV projects appear to have some "What the Hell Happened?' moment.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Well I am a bit disappointed in the decision of the script team to not even release the scripts in their latest e-mail. Yes I would be sad not to have the JMS commentary, but I still wanted to read the scripts and memos.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nottenst View Post
                            I just read the relevant chapter in the book. It has 4 pages on Crusade. I think some of that is information we already heard. Can't recall what was in Vol. 1. Maybe it would be too painful to go into the detail that a second volume would require. We got the short version, which may be all we need. From reading Becoming Superman, most of his TV projects appear to have some "What the Hell Happened?' moment.
                            I'm still firmly of the belief there simply wasn't enough material to fill four books. Even the first two felt like a stretch, with repetition of material and essentially the same stuff repeated and spread really thin. I sold my books on, felt there were very disappointing reads and way over hyped. Think it's the wise thing for Joe / B5 Books to step away from doing more.
                            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                            Kosh: Good!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ubik View Post

                              I'm still firmly of the belief there simply wasn't enough material to fill four books. Even the first two felt like a stretch, with repetition of material and essentially the same stuff repeated and spread really thin. I sold my books on, felt there were very disappointing reads and way over hyped. Think it's the wise thing for Joe / B5 Books to step away from doing more.


                              I think it would depend on what they chose to put in the books and what people would be interested in reading. Some of the old posts I've seen for 2.5 weren't exactly the most positive, but personally liked the focus on a single episode - "Points of Departure" - and the process behind it's production. WTTH was around 400 pages, the OVs were in the 370s and BTS was a little less. If one is counting only the scripts themselves along with something like Joe Cuts (Hi Jan) to list differences, that alone certainly wouldn't come out to another 1,200 pages.

                              But beyond merely having All The Scripts, there would certainly be more with the inclusion of commentaries and Behind the Scenes information for each episode. Could go further with treatments, the Crusade Bible, and concept art for material that never made it on screen. And if the last book was two hundred pages short, would think there is enough Unreleased Material from All of B5 to make up the difference. Perhaps the important question - other than Does JMS Have Time in his current 29 hour/day schedule - would be whether there is a market for this in 2022 as either a limited run or Print on Demand. Would present day fans be interested in purchasing two 450-ish WTTHs, three 300-ish WTTHs, or Nothing?

                              Being fortunate to have picked up an "early early version" a ways back, would think more WTTH books are within the realm of possibility, IF there is a market ($$) for them and IF time can be found to build three (or two) books around the remaining scripts. Three more books, Two more books, or what we have now - Zero books?

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Alt_Univ_WTTHs.jpg Views:	10 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	160676
                              Last edited by LateArrival; 06-06-2022, 02:26 PM.
                              "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X