No announcement yet.

B5 - 20th Anniversary Cast Reunions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As some of you know my mother decided she wanted to go with me to Space City Con 2014 for her first Con experience. She has been mad at me since because I didn't force her to watch Babylon 5 with me prior to attending - (as I've pointed out before, she lives about 900 miles away so we don't normally have time to watch shows together.) Since January 2014 we have been watching the series when we are together. We've actually made it through A Call To Arms. So when I go to Houston for the Holidays we will be starting Crusade. Long story long , after all that complaining I was doing I won't even be watching The Cast Experience until she can watch it with me. I haven't watched the Fan Experience either. She made me promise since it is one thing Babylon 5 related we will be watching together for the first time. Yes I lived most of the Fan Space City Con stuff, but the Phoenix stuff, the Cast stuff, and all the extras will be new for both of us - yes the books are still sealed as well. So really all that complaining was just because I wanted to have the package in my hands.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      So really all that complaining was just because I wanted to have the package in my hands.
      Your presciousssssssssss! Seriously, I'd at least read the books, if not watch the videos. But I think it's really cool that you're going to do this with your mom.

Jan
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

No tracking info, but mine is definitely on the way to the UK!

Looney, that's really cool you're watching with family. Most of my family think I'm a bit odd for liking Babylon 5. So cool you can share it in that way.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

So when I go to Houston for the Holidays we will be starting Crusade. Long story long , after all that complaining I was doing I won't even be watching The Cast Experience until she can watch it with me.
          Good for you.

Comment

B5 - 20th Anniversary Cast Reunions

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
            No tracking info, but mine is definitely on the way to the UK!
            Parcel arrived yesterday.
            I cautiously opened it and immediately jumped into the DVD: PHOENIX CON panel.
            Marvelous! Pure Fun!
            And very emotional! when Mira spoke about the B5-people passed away.

Stefan

--
            Lorien: "Only those whose lives are brief
            can imagine that love is eternal."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Your presciousssssssssss! Seriously, I'd at least read the books, if not watch the videos. But I think it's really cool that you're going to do this with your mom.

Jan
              I am pretty sure a 40 year old man is never "presciousssssssssss!", but I appreciate the sentiment.

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
              Looney, that's really cool you're watching with family. Most of my family think I'm a bit odd for liking Babylon 5. So cool you can share it in that way.
              I am also watching it with my father. He is much closer to home. He pretends it is torture, but I can tell he likes most of it.

Mom pretends that she loves it. Maybe she does, but maybe she's just being mom. She does seem to hate it when we stop watching. She seriously would stay up all night watching one after another because that is how she is.

Originally posted by Nastastu View Post
              Good for you.
              Thanks. I need all the support I can get. It might be months and months. I can't believe I haven't given in and watched the Fan Experience yet. Now I have both and it will be twice as hard to honor my mother's wishes.
              Last edited by Looney; 10-30-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure a 40 year old man is never "presciousssssssssss!", but I appreciate the sentiment.
                Wow, I thought that would be the one cultural reference everybody would get. Sorry! Not 'you are precious' but as in 'my precioussssss' as said by Golum in The Lord of the Rings movies (and possibly books - been decades).

Jan
                "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Wow, I thought that would be the one cultural reference everybody would get. Sorry! Not 'you are precious' but as in 'my precioussssss' as said by Golum in The Lord of the Rings movies (and possibly books - been decades).

Jan
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! !

ME SO DUMB! ! ! !

I was in a rush to get a response in. I read it as "you're" and you wrote "your". If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have gotten the reference.

(And yes my precious. I now have one to hold in each arm as I sleep. )

Comment

On the weekend I had at last the time to go through Disk 2.
                    When looking the Video highlights with Tallman, Christian and Doyle I was increasingly distracted by the red coat at the wall behind them.
                    And then the credits: it's the costume of Glory (Buffy, season 5)!

What the hell does it there?
                    At which place our three B5 cast have done their commentaries?
                    Studio? Private?

Stefan, puzzled and curious

--

Comment

The recording studio is owned by Clare Kramer, who played Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                        The recording studio is owned by Clare Kramer, who played Glory.
                        Thanks, Jason!

Comment

OOOOO! Great Info.

Comment

If I'd not read the little tag identifying Glory's dress before the commentary recording started, I'd have spent the entire session worrying about where I'd seen if before.

During editing, I realized how omnipresent it was in the footage and added the end-of-video note to explain it.

There was also a ton of Star Wars merchandise--including a very detailed tauntaun model--when we first set up, but we moved it all out of shot. Glory's robe was not easily movable.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                              If I'd not read the little tag identifying Glory's dress before the commentary recording started, I'd have spent the entire session worrying about where I'd seen if before.

During editing, I realized how omnipresent it was in the footage and added the end-of-video note to explain it.

There was also a ton of Star Wars merchandise--including a very detailed tauntaun model--when we first set up, but we moved it all out of shot. Glory's robe was not easily movable.
                              Oh yes!
                              Thanks for these interesting background infos!
                              Studio must be near Ventura Blvd.

Stefan

--

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                                Studio must be near Ventura Blvd.
                                It's 2.7 miles north of Ventura Blvd, as it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X