No announcement yet.

Latest B5 Books Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be intrigued to hear what people think of the content / the book in general. I'm probably skipping this one, but still curious what others make of it.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

I'll be happy to have the transcriptions of JMS' appearances/interviews. Even though I've got recordings of some of them, the man talks so fast it'll be nice to have the written version. The index will be a nice research tool, too. I used to have a list going of what book had what script/photo/outline, etc., but I fell way behind.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Mine has apparently arrived, I need to go the post office tomorrow and collect it, waiting for my arm to feel a little less tender though, see my post in the tattoo thread for details.
        Phaze
        on the "Ah good the spell checker is working, one was wondering" ID
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Arrived today and in pristine condition as always. Now to find the time to read it cover to ɹǝʌoɔ

Comment

Nicely said, Kal El!

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

opened my (stunning) purple bok today and inserted the bonus "you ordered within the first x amount" period disc. I haven't really flicked through the book yet but the disc has two mp4s of interviews with JMS or involving JMS, both 3.5 hours long!!!!

This will take me a while to watch all of

Phaze
              on the "Tattoo weeping, leaking ink, situation normal apparently" ID
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Got mine yesterday and read the 1st interview/upfront presentation and started the 2nd essay.

What I found interesting about the upfront presentation, is that a lot of the stories we've heard over the past 20 years are echoed/foreshadowed in that initial upfront to the media.

It's Deja vu all over again.
                All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

Working...
                X