X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigma
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Please post some photos when you get your copy home! Excited to see the book, hope to see some feedback before orders go live for us non-Phoenix attendees.
    Second that. Any feedback from Phoenix con?

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Please post some photos when you get your copy home! Excited to see the book, hope to see some feedback before orders go live for us non-Phoenix attendees.
    Last edited by Ubik; 05-21-2013, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hey, y'all! Message from Captain Jaclyn:

The Comicon pre-orders are sold out but you can sign up for the mailing list ( http://www.cafepress.com/b5books ) to be alerted when the book is officially released worldwide in June 2013.
    Really looking forward to seeing it in person!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• timk519
    replied
    Ok - thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    No. Right now the book can *only* be ordered to be picked up at PhxCC and it's at the debut discount. When general ordering opens up, the regular debut discount period will apply.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• timk519
    replied
    Reading the release, I'm confused - if the books have to be ordered in the next 7 days, does this mean the discount is only available to the ComiCon attendees, or will it be open to everyone else when it goes to general release?

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    I'm getting mine at phoenix comic con.
    Phaze
    on the "So where's the darned smug grin icon when you need it, eh?" ID

Leave a comment:

• pascalahad
    replied
    (drooling all over the keyboard) I've got to buy this! Late june/early july can't be here soon enough!

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    "Some time after this, we will offer our last word on the BABYLON 5 universe"

Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Looney - LOLOL!

Change the above to: "Duties include being the first to read all of JMS' writing" and that's the one I want!!

Jan
    Yeah, I probably could have shortened that to, "In celebration of the Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary, come to the Phoenix Comicon and we'll grant you your wildest Babylon 5 Universe wish." LOL ... which for me, right now, would be to attend the Phoenix Comicon. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by SamusekTDS View Post
    Did I read earlier post right in saying that there are more b5books plans outside of cafepress after this and the crusade books? That was not my prior understanding.
    From the website:
    After the 20th anniversary release, the current B5books.com website will shut down. When it re-boots, B5books.com will no longer be part of Cafepress. Some time after this, we will offer our last word on the BABYLON 5 universe (that's your only hint.) That said, the new site will also focus on reference materials for the retired catalog (indexes, tables of contents, etc.)
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• NotSoWize
    replied
    Ordered! The "retail" price was about what I feared, but getting the early discount made this doable.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    "Phoenix Comicon attendees will be offered a well-paying job as JMS' Best Pal. Duties include hearing ideas first and having your ideas not only heard, but implemented immediately."
    Looney - LOLOL!

Change the above to: "Duties include being the first to read all of JMS' writing" and that's the one I want!!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SamusekTDS
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkman View Post
    Very cool! Glad my questions about the binding and what the slip case looked like are answered in the email.

Price is less than i feared, but more then i hoped. The kids don't need to eat right?

Well.. 1 last book/B5 collectable to buy it seems. Just need to wait for the pre-order.
    Same thought here - less than feared more than hoped...

Did I read earlier post right in saying that there are more b5books plans outside of cafepress after this and the crusade books? That was not my prior understanding. Ubik for one seems to have that impression. I mean, I likely won't be buying either way but I would hope that is not the case for oversaturation etc reasons I've (over)stated prior.

Anyway this does look cool and I'm sure at least comes close to deserving its price tag (tho I mightve traded frills like slipcase for a higher page count)- but for all broke geeks everywhere - hopefully there's a chance for a steep cafepress coupon in a month's time... 15-30% off would be awesome coz I'm sure the shipping cost to canada for this monster's gonna be a b****. :-)
    ---
    Sam.
    Last edited by SamusekTDS; 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They really know how to stick the knife in and twist it for those of us who can't go to Phoenix. I feel like the next announcements will be as follows:

"See new episodes of Babylon 5 and Crusade only at Phoenix Comicon."

"Are you creative? Be in Phoenix starting May 23rd and you'll get to design all new sets for future Studio JMS productions."

"For those of you who like to write, attend Phoenix Comicon and receive a guarantee from Studio JMS that they will produce everything you write without question."

"Everyone with the acting bug who attends Phoenix Comicon will have her/his choice of roles as new characters in Babylon 5's return."

"Do you like science? Do you like space? Be at the Phoenix Comicon and you'll receive an all expenses paid vacation to the International Space Station"

"Are you coming to Phoenix Comicon? Would you like a companion while you’re strolling around the Con? Choose a cast member and we'll make it happen."

"If you attend the Phoenix Comicon, no fewer than five cast members, whom you choose, will take you on an all-expenses paid vacation for two weeks."

"Babylon 5 fans who go to Phoenix Comicon have their choice of cast member (In attendance) to marry."

"Phoenix Comicon attendees will be offered a well-paying job as JMS' Best Pal. Duties include hearing ideas first and having your ideas not only heard, but implemented immediately."

Are you having trouble deciding which of these wonderful bonuses you'll choose? Well don't worry about it because they are all yours!
    Last edited by Looney; 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM. Reason: Ooops!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X