No announcement yet.

FULL INFO - 20th Anniversay B5 Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Memory of Shadows script was written under contract to a British company, so the same WGA separation of rights provisions that allow him to publish the other B5 scripts don't necessarily apply.

Comment

Thanks, Jan. Purchased. Yay!

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand ordered. Thats item no. 5 that I'd like JMS to sign for me .

Comment

Oh man, I was drooling onto the keyboard. Just... wow. The introductory price is bang on. This is what I mean about the advantages of limited run printing! If this is what the B5 Books team can do for $88 on a limited print run, then I never want to see another Cafe Press book ever again. (This is the exact point I've been making for some time now!)

Congratulations to all involved, this looks like the perfect way to honour the best SF show of all time!

Shame I have to wait until the official release date!
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Very cool! Glad my questions about the binding and what the slip case looked like are answered in the email.

Price is less than i feared, but more then i hoped. The kids don't need to eat right?

Well.. 1 last book/B5 collectable to buy it seems. Just need to wait for the pre-order.
            Milkman
            www.mhoc.net

Comment

and - ordered from me, too

I wonder if I could order one for a friend who cannot come to PHXCC
              Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They really know how to stick the knife in and twist it for those of us who can't go to Phoenix. I feel like the next announcements will be as follows:

"See new episodes of Babylon 5 and Crusade only at Phoenix Comicon."

"Are you creative? Be in Phoenix starting May 23rd and you'll get to design all new sets for future Studio JMS productions."

"For those of you who like to write, attend Phoenix Comicon and receive a guarantee from Studio JMS that they will produce everything you write without question."

"Everyone with the acting bug who attends Phoenix Comicon will have her/his choice of roles as new characters in Babylon 5's return."

"Do you like science? Do you like space? Be at the Phoenix Comicon and you'll receive an all expenses paid vacation to the International Space Station"

"Are you coming to Phoenix Comicon? Would you like a companion while you’re strolling around the Con? Choose a cast member and we'll make it happen."

"If you attend the Phoenix Comicon, no fewer than five cast members, whom you choose, will take you on an all-expenses paid vacation for two weeks."

"Babylon 5 fans who go to Phoenix Comicon have their choice of cast member (In attendance) to marry."

"Phoenix Comicon attendees will be offered a well-paying job as JMS' Best Pal. Duties include hearing ideas first and having your ideas not only heard, but implemented immediately."

Are you having trouble deciding which of these wonderful bonuses you'll choose? Well don't worry about it because they are all yours!
                Last edited by Looney; 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM. Reason: Ooops!
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman View Post
                  Very cool! Glad my questions about the binding and what the slip case looked like are answered in the email.

Price is less than i feared, but more then i hoped. The kids don't need to eat right?

Well.. 1 last book/B5 collectable to buy it seems. Just need to wait for the pre-order.
                  Same thought here - less than feared more than hoped...

Did I read earlier post right in saying that there are more b5books plans outside of cafepress after this and the crusade books? That was not my prior understanding. Ubik for one seems to have that impression. I mean, I likely won't be buying either way but I would hope that is not the case for oversaturation etc reasons I've (over)stated prior.

Anyway this does look cool and I'm sure at least comes close to deserving its price tag (tho I mightve traded frills like slipcase for a higher page count)- but for all broke geeks everywhere - hopefully there's a chance for a steep cafepress coupon in a month's time... 15-30% off would be awesome coz I'm sure the shipping cost to canada for this monster's gonna be a b****. :-)
                  ---
                  Sam.
                  Last edited by SamusekTDS; 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    "Phoenix Comicon attendees will be offered a well-paying job as JMS' Best Pal. Duties include hearing ideas first and having your ideas not only heard, but implemented immediately."
                    Looney - LOLOL!

Change the above to: "Duties include being the first to read all of JMS' writing" and that's the one I want!!

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Ordered! The "retail" price was about what I feared, but getting the early discount made this doable.

Comment

Originally posted by SamusekTDS View Post
                        Did I read earlier post right in saying that there are more b5books plans outside of cafepress after this and the crusade books? That was not my prior understanding.
                        From the website:
                        After the 20th anniversary release, the current B5books.com website will shut down. When it re-boots, B5books.com will no longer be part of Cafepress. Some time after this, we will offer our last word on the BABYLON 5 universe (that's your only hint.) That said, the new site will also focus on reference materials for the retired catalog (indexes, tables of contents, etc.)
                        Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          Looney - LOLOL!

Change the above to: "Duties include being the first to read all of JMS' writing" and that's the one I want!!

Jan
                          Yeah, I probably could have shortened that to, "In celebration of the Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary, come to the Phoenix Comicon and we'll grant you your wildest Babylon 5 Universe wish." LOL ... which for me, right now, would be to attend the Phoenix Comicon. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
                          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

"Some time after this, we will offer our last word on the BABYLON 5 universe"

Hmm...
                            Milkman
                            www.mhoc.net

Comment

(drooling all over the keyboard) I've got to buy this! Late june/early july can't be here soon enough!
                              Heroes never die. They're only replaced by younger actors.

Comment

I'm getting mine at phoenix comic con.
                                Phaze
                                on the "So where's the darned smug grin icon when you need it, eh?" ID
                                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Working...
                                X