Trilogy Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trilogy Talk

So I read the Centauri and Technomage trilogy outlines. The Centauri trilogy outline seems quite close. A few extra characters added by Peter David, some timeline issues that weren't present in the outline, but overall quite faithful to the outline. I don't remember the bit in the books that's mentioned in the outline about Sheridan providing telepaths to Vir to help in the war after he becomes emperor, but it's also been awhile since I read it.

It was interesting to see in the outline that Joe specifically states that the Exaclibur would be on the run by the end of 2268, which would have been season two of Crusade if it had lasted.

There are some specific things that bothered me in the Technomage trilogy - I'm referring to the third book mostly - the Z'ha'dum adventure. The novels have Galen actively pushing Sheridan to make the right decisions on figuring out shadow strategy and have to take care of the planetary defenses.

In the outline itself however, it specifically says that Galen and Sheridan help each other on Z'ha'dum without knowing they are. And I also see the note that there weren't any planetary defenses because they weren't needed; quite different from Galen having to actively destroy the eye.

Joe is the one who came up with Lorien meeting with Galen first, which seems at odds with the statement Lorien makes in the show about Sheridan being the first to make it, but there's no mention of Lorien knowing anything about Morden.

And speaking of, Morden isn't in the outline (I don't think; don't have the book in front of me)

Any thoughts on changes made? Good/bad etc.?

This is a great topic, JoeD80! Sadly, it's been far too long since I've read any of the trilogies so I can't really discuss them properly. I do want to reread at least the Centauri trilogy again soon.

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      This is a great topic, JoeD80! Sadly, it's been far too long since I've read any of the trilogies so I can't really discuss them properly. I do want to reread at least the Centauri trilogy again soon.

Jan
      - and I still have to read the trilogies - yes, I still have some original B5 material to read. Lucky me . . .
      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Working...
      X