• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Orta View Post
    Thanks ubik
    No worries. Good to see more UK B5 fans round these parts!

Leave a comment:

• Orta
    replied
    Thanks ubik

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    That sucks I missed another. Whats it's content?
    Run down of content can be found here. I sold my copy as I found it focused too much on what amounted to very small differences between the two scripts. Your mileage may differ if you really like minute detail, but I was disappointed and felt the differences were over sold! For me, the changes did not warrant a book and could be summed up in a few pages.

If you do want one to complete the set (and I totally get the completeism tick!) Worth contacting Brandon or Jaclyn direct at B5 Books as they can often help! Or eBay can sometimes be good. I got a lot of my script books very cheap on the second hand market.
    Last edited by Ubik; 04-23-2016, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Orta
    replied
    That sucks I missed another. Whats it's content?

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    2.5 was released long after the initial 15 volumes. I think it came out between Crusade: What the Hell Happened? Volume 1 and the two Crusade: Other Voices volumes. It all blurs together now, but I think that's how it was...

Leave a comment:

• Orta
    replied
    Thanks for that guys! Seems of the ones I'm bothered about I'm missing Crusade what the hell Happened, TV movies and volume 2.5.

Re the latter I bought the original 15 set all in one go and got the red extra book etc. But never got this 2.5 ?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Thanks, Brandon!!

(for those who don't know, this is the famous Lt. Brandon of the B5 Books Team)

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Brandon Klassen
    replied
    Is there a complete list of all the B5 script books, and similar (like the chronology etc) so I can check off what I've got and not got please?
    http://www.babylon5scripts.com/free/

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hi Orta, nice to see you back!

1). Have What the he'll Happened volumes 2 et Al been released?
    Nothing since Volume 1 of the Hell books and the Other Voices, I'm afraid. At one point Capt. Jaclyn acknowledged on JMS' behalf the lateness and said that JMS said that as a make-up he'd also arrange to have his two unproduced scripts done as audio dramas but that's been a while, also.

2). Is there a complete list of all the B5 script books, and similar (like the chronology etc) so I can check off what I've got and not got please?
    Yes...someplace. There've been a lot of changes since CafePress no longer does books (which explains part of the 'no back catalog' thing, too). I'll look around and see if I can find it. Till then, you might take a look at their twitter page. The banner seems to have most of them.
    https://twitter.com/Babylon5Books

Hope that helps some.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Orta
    replied
    Re

I'm a bit late to the party and perhaps this has been answered before, but did these volumes ever see the light of day?

B5books.com has no back catalog to speak of so I'm terrified I've missed these.

I've recently done a full B5 really watch whilst reading the accompanying scripts and only just realized I'm actually missing Crusade: What the he'll Happened Volume 1 as well!

So my questions for the group are:
    1). Have What the he'll Happened volumes 2 et Al been released?
    2). Is there a complete list of all the B5 script books, and similar (like the chronology etc) so I can check off what I've got and not got please?

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980 View Post
    Yeah, I know that tidbit, but that's already a couple of weeks/months old again. I just hoped the topic would come up in SDCC. Guess it's still "wait and see"...
    What with Sense8, Red Mars, undisclosed Brit TV series, and everything else, I somehow doubt revisiting Crusade is high on the agenda.

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied
    Yeah, I know that tidbit, but that's already a couple of weeks/months old again. I just hoped the topic would come up in SDCC. Guess it's still "wait and see"...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980 View Post
    Any news from SDCC about that? I have to say, I'm starting to get worried that we'll never get the rest of the WTHH-volumes, which would really be a shame .
    Nothing new from the con - the subject never came up. The latest is this from the B5 Books newsletter:

OK THEN...WHAT'S THE STATUS WITH THE JMS CRUSADE BOOKS?
    JMS recently requested the archived documentation to finish the CRUSADE WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? series. He's currently promoting his new show SENSE8 on Netflix worldwide. We expect more information after he's finished his promo tour.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied
    Any news from SDCC about that? I have to say, I'm starting to get worried that we'll never get the rest of the WTHH-volumes, which would really be a shame .

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I certainly hope if they do revisit this they skim it down from 4 Volumes. From a logistical stand point I'd rather have one or two more good volumes, AND DEFINITELY THE AUDIO DRAMAS, than have things prolonged to reach a 4 Volume goal.
    I'd be game for the cream of the material in one or two further books. Even the first volume felt a bit padded out to me and apart from the JMS intro, it didn’t really hold my attention as much as I'd hoped it would. Not complaining by any means, it's just the extreme detail wasn't for me. However, I suppose the space required will depend on how many JMS scripts remain to be published? I know a fair chunk of episodes were covered off in the ‘Other Voices’ volumes.

Jason, can you enlighten us on what remains to be published?

If I’m counting right, there are 11 JMS scripts still to be published. I suppose these could conceivably be spread across two volumes with some supplementary material. Depends what else is lurking in the archives I guess, but another two books might be more doable than three and faster to get completed. I suppose it all really comes down to JMS having time to pen an intro and script commentaries for each volume.

101 The Needs of Earth by JMS*
    102 The Memory of War by JMS*
    103 Racing the Night* by JMS*
    104 Visitors From Down the Street by JMS*
    105 Each Night I Dream of Home by JMS*
    106 The Well of Forever
    107 The Long Road by JMS*
    108 War Zone by JMS*
    109 The Path of Sorrows by JMS*
    110 Patterns of the Soul
    111 Ruling From the Tomb
    112 The Rules of the Game by JMS*
    113 Appearances and Other Deceits by JMS*
    114 To the Ends of the Earth by JMS*
    115 Value Judgments by Fiona Avery**
    116 The End of the Line (Season One Finale) by JMS*
    117 Darkness of the Soul (Unwritten) by JMS*
    118 Tried and True by Fiona Avery**
    119 War Story (Part 1 of 3) by Richard Mueller**
    120 Untitled (Part 3 of 3, Unwritten) by JMS
    121 The Walls of Hell (Part 2 of 3, Partially Outlined) by Larry DiTillio**
    122 Untitled (Unwritten) by JMS
    2XX Little Bugs Have Lesser Bugs

* Crusade: What the Hell Happened?
    ** Crusade: Other Voices
    Last edited by Ubik; 03-17-2015, 05:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X