Echoes of All Our Conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine just arrived today.

The group interview was supposed to appear in the first B5 magazine - did it actually appear there?

Comment

Originally posted by nottenst View Post
      The group interview was supposed to appear in the first B5 magazine - did it actually appear there?
      There's an interview with several cast in Vol. 1, Issue 1 (UK only as I recall) of the B5 magazine. It's very interspersed with cast bios and photos so I can't really say how extensive it is. I also don't have my copy yet to do any comparison.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I think you'll find that the cast interview that appeared in the B5 Magazine is significantly different. For one thing, it was carefully edited, so are little bits and pieces and asides that are fun to listen to but wouldn't necessarily read well on the printed page. I'm sure some of them didn't make the finished piece. It's also a case of balancing things out a bit; when Jerry Doyle comes into the conversation, he tended to dominate it a bit, which would be fine except for the fact that he tended to talk about everything else OTHER THAN B5. Fortunately, a couple of the other cast members, such as Bruce Boxleitner and Bill Mumy, were quite aware of that and did their best to steer the conversation back into more comfortable territory. I think you'll see what I mean when you listen to the interview, as opposed to reading it. I should also point out that until this CD was made, no one anywhere but me has ever heard the interview. I never let anyone listen to these interviews but me, so the CDs included in this series are unique in that regard.

Comment

Great acting quote in the audio interview - "It's our job to believe our lines when we deliver them."

Comment

Having been away at FedCon I ordered mine in Monday, and it is on the way.
            Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

The included audio interview on the CD was worth the full price of the book this time.
              Everyone is so at ease with each other and the audio quality is great.

Loved the point where Andreas points out, 'I'm already Sir G'kar, ya know', Jerry asks ' Where you knighted?' Yeah, Michael York knighted me.'

Comment

I'm so glad the audio quality turned out well. What nobody knows is that when I did that interview, there were so many people sitting around the conference table that I had actually had two tape recorders; one on each end. That made it easier for transcribing, but at the time I obviously had no idea that anybody else but me would ever hear it. Unfortunately when it came time to track down the original interview, I could only find one tape after all these years, but I think this was (thankfully) the better of the two. The thing I liked most about it was that only about half the cast was in that day; the rest of them all came in on their day off just for that interview! How many other groups of actors would do that?

Comment

Time for the next one! Anyone have any coupons?

Edit: Found one! DADDY30 for 30% off. Guessing its only good until fathers day. Its a great fathers day gift for myself!
                  Last edited by Milkman; 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM.
                  Milkman
                  www.mhoc.net

Comment

Looks like the email came while I was at lunch. If anybody still needs it, the link is:

http://www.cafepress.com/b5books

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Yay for Michael O'Hare interviews!

Comment

• Hmmm, still no Maggie Egan. Didn't anyone ever interview her? Sheesh!
                        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                          Hmmm, still no Maggie Egan. Didn't anyone ever interview her? Sheesh!
                          Maggie's coming; her interview was conducted while she was working on Crusade, but it covers her time on Babylon 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                            Maggie's coming; her interview was conducted while she was working on Crusade, but it covers her time on Babylon 5.
                            OK, see, that's a HUGE selling point right there.

Comment

• Fifty-plus interviews and that's the one you're interested in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                                Fifty-plus interviews and that's the one you're interested in.
                                See? You should have interviewed her more frequently. The others are cool and all, but let's face it ... without Maggie Egan as Jane, the entire series would have failed and faded into obscurity.

Comment

Working...
                                X