Echoes of All Our Conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    It does work - so in the US you can get back most of your shipping.
    I can confirm that it works from Europe too

Comment

• I ordered a day too early.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to purchase the whole series, it's really an awesome collection of interviews, and a load of informations.
      Heroes never die. They're only replaced by younger actors.

Comment

• My copy just arrived. I'm listening to the CD. This time I even am looking at the voices guide from the webpage, which is a definite help to distinguish all of these women's voices.

Comment

• Originally posted by nottenst View Post
          My copy just arrived. I'm listening to the CD. This time I even am looking at the voices guide from the webpage, which is a definite help to distinguish all of these women's voices.
          Still waiting for mine to arrive. Guess it takes a couple extra days to ship to California.

A good interview from vol. 5 is JMS explaining the concept of identity as used in 'The River Of Souls'.
          I didn't catch that common thread between the A and B story. Nice insight.

Later that day...

Yay, the female-man just delivered my copy!

Love the photo on page 200. RB looks like me standing with my brothers who are all over 6' tall (I've always been short for a Narn)
          Last edited by DaveNarn; 08-24-2012, 07:24 PM. Reason: Updated later that day.

Comment

• A code that works!

For those of you who are ordering the 7th Echoes book, I finally found a code that works!!!!

20 percent OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE
            CART1008

I'm so excited!
            Last edited by Karen; 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Thanks Karen ! Just ordered mine

Comment

• Thanks Karen as well. It took me a bit of reading to decide to order it, but I did so and used the coupon. The free indices will also be good to have next year as I presume they will be in a pdf or something that we use an electronic search if we so desired.

Comment

• For those who have not ordered, like me, until now the code expired. This one worked though.

CART1012
                  Milkman
                  www.mhoc.net

Comment

• Just got my email that the pre-ordered books are starting to ship out and the second week of the $10 debut discount has begun.

I love the quotes chosen and the blueprints and indexes and all but I'd get this one if all it had was the Production Timeline. Love that one a lot! (yeah, yeah...so I'm a data junkie, what can I say? Sometimes it's useful.)

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      Just got my email that the pre-ordered books are starting to ship out and the second week of the $10 debut discount has begun.

I love the quotes chosen and the blueprints and indexes and all but I'd get this one if all it had was the Production Timeline. Love that one a lot! (yeah, yeah...so I'm a data junkie, what can I say? Sometimes it's useful.)

Jan
                      You just never know when you are going to want to use that data. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        Just got my email that the pre-ordered books are starting to ship out and the second week of the $10 debut discount has begun.

Jan
                        I'll be ordering a copy on Friday. Payday = yay ... for a few minutes, anyway.
                        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Put in my pre-order last week [along with orders for #5 and #6]. Have not yet seen anything about it being prepared yet. Guess tomorrow?

Comment

• New coupon

And showing that predictability is everything, today CART1016 works (the others being expired)...
                            No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

• I am thinking of ordering one of the æEchoesÆ volumes to see what I think of the books. Should I just begin chronologically with Volume 1? Any advice, wise words or opinions welcome.

Secondly, IÆm in the UK. Given the relatively high price tag of the books, it seems likely IÆll get hit with import tax and charges, depending on how Cafe Press fill out their customs declarations.

Any overseas experiences with this? IÆm just worried that itÆll turn into a very expensive exercise if I have to factor in additional import charges. I order a lot of records from the USA but mostly from small labels who always declare packages as ægiftÆ and purposely keep the declared value low to avoid customs charges.

I was wondering, are the books dispatched by Cafepress or directly by the B5 book team?
                              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• (Puts on her B5 Books Team hat - much more becoming than the Moderator hat, believe me!)

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                                I am thinking of ordering one of the æEchoesÆ volumes to see what I think of the books. Should I just begin chronologically with Volume 1? Any advice, wise words or opinions welcome.
                                If I was trying to decide, what I'd do is look at the 'grid' of which books feature which people and pick one based on your favorite actors/characters/crewpeople.

Secondly, IÆm in the UK. Given the relatively high price tag of the books, it seems likely IÆll get hit with import tax and charges, depending on how Cafe Press fill out their customs declarations.
                                There have been issues in the past where CP used a too-generic customs declaration and people did get hit with (iirc) VAT taxes but I haven't heard of any instances of that for a long time now.

However, IF such a thing should happen, a quick email to [email protected] will have Captain Jaclyn and her elves leap to make it right. Seriously, they will.

Any overseas experiences with this? IÆm just worried that itÆll turn into a very expensive exercise if I have to factor in additional import charges. I order a lot of records from the USA but mostly from small labels who always declare packages as ægiftÆ and purposely keep the declared value low to avoid customs charges.
                                I'm certain that CP wouldn't declare it as a gift or declare a lower amount but my understanding is that most of the additional fees or taxes were avoidable as long as they declared the contents as being books. Hopefully somebody with direct experience can chime in here.

I was wondering, are the books dispatched by Cafepress or directly by the B5 book team?
                                Cafe Press does all the fulfillment. A good thing, since they get *much* better shipping rates than anything the Team would be able to offer.

Hope this is helpful,
                                Jan
                                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X