X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Milkman View Post
    And who exactly is Maggie Egan?
    Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    When someone asks that question, it is the perfect time for them to watch the series again. She's there from the very first episode aired to the last episode filmed. There are only six who can say that - Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, Jerry Doyle, Peter Jurasik, Stephen Furst, and Maggie Egan.
    Wow, that's news to me...

I couldn't find any coupons that worked either so I'm going to be happy with the $20 off and get it that much sooner.
    Last edited by DaveNarn; 08-16-2012, 12:54 AM. Reason: too subtle

Comment

• Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
      She's there from the very first episode aired to the last episode filmed. There are only six who can say that - Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, Jerry Doyle, Peter Jurasik, Stephen Furst, and Maggie Egan.
      Hmmm . . . Was Stephen Furst and Maggie Egan in "The Gathering", or do you begin counting with "Midnight on the Firing Line" ?

Could just be my memory playing tricks there . . .
      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• I think that's why he so carefully specified 'episode', right Omaha? "The Gathering" would be termed either a Pilot or a Movie of the Week.

Though, Jane appeared in a few of the movies, too, didn't she?

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
          I think that's why he so carefully specified 'episode', right Omaha? "The Gathering" would be termed either a Pilot or a Movie of the Week.

Though, Jane appeared in a few of the movies, too, didn't she?

Jan
          I was indeed specific. That's why I said the last episode filmed, not aired - she was in Objects at Rest, but not Sleeping in Light. And though she wasn't in any of the movies (dammit!), she WAS in multiple episodes of Crusade. Very few B5 castmembers can claim that. In fact, of those who were in both the first episode aired and last episode filmed, Maggie is the only one who also appeared in Crusade. So ... Maggie Egan wins the Internet.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Huh...I could have sworn she was in "A Call To Arms". Never mind....

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Huh...I could have sworn she was in "A Call To Arms". Never mind....

Jan
              She should have been, I agree. There was another reporter in that one, just like Maggie could have been in Lost Tales. She totally could have rocked that "Camera's down here" bit, don't you think?

At the same time, she wouldn't have upchucked all over Johnny. So maybe it's better that it wasn't Jane in that one.

Comment

• Maggie Egan was also set to appear in the second block of video material shot for the Sierra Online Game, Into the Fire, but I've found no evidence that the second block went before the cameras; the first block was definitely shot, as will be evident in Echoes Volume 6.

Incidentally, the ISN reporter in A Call to Arms was played by J. Michael Straczynski's assistant, Val Ghiran.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                  Maggie Egan was also set to appear in the second block of video material shot for the Sierra Online Game, Into the Fire, but I've found no evidence that the second block went before the cameras; the first block was definitely shot, as will be evident in Echoes Volume 6.
                  She was there. A series of photos from the game came out around the same time it was canceled, and included a new pic of her as Jane.

Which reminds me ... Will the script for Into the Fire be released via the books? I have a copy of it, but I'm sure most fans don't realize it ever existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                    She should have been, I agree. There was another reporter in that one, just like Maggie could have been in Lost Tales. She totally could have rocked that "Camera's down here" bit, don't you think?

At the same time, she wouldn't have upchucked all over Johnny. So maybe it's better that it wasn't Jane in that one.
                    Huh, no kidding! Guess she wasn't available or didn't want to do any extra aging makeup.

Being a fan of SG1, I broke out in a big grin when I recognized Teryl Rothery.

Comment

• @OmahaStar: Thanks for that bit of information. There are production reports from the first block of shooting and I've seen a photo of Wayne Alexander as Admiral Hudgins, but there's no evidence in the files--aside from the script pages--of the second block. Good to know Maggie, Marshall Teague et al got to do a last bit of B5 before the end of the road.

@DaveNarn: I suspect Maggie Egan would have been in The Lost Tales if it had been shot in Los Angeles instead of Vancouver.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                        @OmahaStar: Thanks for that bit of information. There are production reports from the first block of shooting and I've seen a photo of Wayne Alexander as Admiral Hudgins, but there's no evidence in the files--aside from the script pages--of the second block. Good to know Maggie, Marshall Teague et al got to do a last bit of B5 before the end of the road.
                        Is that why the script was in two binders? Two differant blocks? I wondered about that.

@DaveNarn: I suspect Maggie Egan would have been in The Lost Tales if it had been shot in Los Angeles instead of Vancouver.
                        It didn't hurt that JMS had worked with Teryl on Jeremiah. Still, we had more Galen, Sheridan, and Lochley. Even if it was only a little bit, it was something.

Comment

• I believe there are Canadian content laws for productions done in Canada, which would encompass things like the director, actors, etc. If The Lost Tales was already using JMS as a director and there were certain established characters appearing in it, I should think it meant secondary characters appearing for the first time would probably be Canadian for that reason.

Comment

• A message from Captain Jaclyn regarding coupons:

Greetings from the bridge --

I thought it might be helpful if I explained why I believe Cafepress coupons seem to no longer be working at B5books.com. First, it's important that you know that when a coupon is used it does NOT come out of B5 Book's profit. It comes out of Cafepress'.

If you read the fine print of the coupons they are intended for the CafÚpress Marketplace only -- which many of you seem to already know. We are partners with Cafepress. We are not part of the marketplace...which is why they don't always work.

When coupons do work it's because when they were generated they were not properly programmed. It seems that Cafepress has gotten better about oversights such as this.

If you anyone has any other questions please post them and I will gladly reply. If you have a special situation, always email us at [email protected]. We answer all emails personally and will always do whatever we can to help. Our job is to make sure you are happy.

Faith manages,

Captain Jaclyn
                            I was pretty surprised when all those 30% coupons were working but I didn't want to jinx it and say anything. Time was, CP was unbelievably free with coupons but their marketing strategy seems to have changed over the years that we've been buying the B5 books.

Lieutenant Jan
                            Archivist, Historian and Ombuds

Comment

• Edmund said that he was able to use SHOPTAA1 for 10% off. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll see.

The information about this coupon is at
                              http://announcements.cafepress.com/?p=1348

There is says the coupon is explicitly NOT for Cafepress Marketplace.

It does work - so in the US you can get back most of your shipping.
                              Last edited by nottenst; 08-16-2012, 07:31 PM. Reason: info

Comment

• Code worked for me! Book ordered.

Interesting on those coupons then.. i guess be happy i got some discounts for a while. Wonder if someone at cafepress is in trouble for how they made their coupons?

PS. Please no more books until next year... i don't have budget for anymore this year. :P
                                Milkman
                                www.mhoc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X