Echoes of All Our Conversations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine too.

Any guesses as to how many are sold, 5000, 25000?
    Are these print to order, I mean can the run be adjusted down to the last order?

Just wondering.

Comment

• They are print to order (aka Print on Demand). The B5 Books contract with Cafe Press doesn't allow for disclosing sales data. But the black series of script books broke all the records, from what the USA Today article back in the day said.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I just checked the tracking on my Volume 5 and saw the line:
        Delivered On: 07/20/2012 11:19 A.M.

The only problem about this is that we didn't receive any mail yesterday, July 20.

I guess I need to ask some neighbors to see if they received our mail.

Edit: Well, I asked the next door neighbor and they hadn't received it. Others on parallel roads with the same number weren't home. I tried to get info out of the post office, but they said to contact the shipper. So, I filled out the Cafe Press customer service form.

Edit2: Received a quick response: I am ordering you a replacement right away at no additional charge. You should receive the replacement by July 31st.
        If the original happens to arrive, there is no need for a return! I don't want you to incur any additional shipping charges. Please keep the original as our way of saying thanks for shopping at CaféPress.com.

I hope I don't have any more postal service misadventures.
        Last edited by nottenst; 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: no one else had added to the thread, so might as well modify

Comment

• Wow! The Post Office once delivered a torn-open package to me and said "We don't know what was inside, but here you are".

hurray for Cafe Press, glad to hear they are responsive.

Comment

• Glad to hear Cafe Press is doing a great job in customer service. Anybody have theirs yet? Mine arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to even open the box yet.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Glad to hear Cafe Press is doing a great job in customer service. Anybody have theirs yet? Mine arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to even open the box yet.

Jan
              Same here.
              Milkman
              www.mhoc.net

Comment

• I just found my replacement copy outside our front door. This time they didn't let the USPS touch it and just used UPS.

Neil

Comment

• I finally got to leaf through my copy a little while ago, and while it's difficult to be at all objective about something you've worked on, but it's a bit strange to realize that I'm holding 40 B5 interviews all done in a period of just about six months. That includes conversations with people that are no longer with us (such as Richard Biggs and the irreplaceable Andreas Katsulas), a couple of the greatest genre writers in the world (Neil Gaiman and Harlan Ellison), Mac and Bo from A View From the Gallery, Lise, Byron, the Regent and a ton of other people. It's amazing that Jason Davis could take that huge pile of interviews, sort them all out, and put them all into some kind of context in terms of what was going on at the time. As I say, it's difficult to be objective, but if you're a fan of B5, you're going to find out an awful lot that you didn't know before.

And by the way, this book features one of my all-time favorite interviews: it starts with Andreas and I before lunch, with cameo appearances by Bruce Boxleitner and Bill Mumy, who are aware that an interview is going on but don't care, and ends with me and Andreas (him still in full makeup and costume) sitting outside behind the studio watching the sunset together. It's a lovely and fun interview, even though I felt like an innocent bystander at times.

Comment

• Just glancing through the book and in the Bill Mumy interview (and then Peter David's interview right after) I see mention of an unused Peter David script - Gut Reactions. Maybe I didn't notice it, but was this in an Other Voices volume? And if not, why not?

Comment

• No, Gut Reactions hasn't been in any of the books. I've got a synopsis that I wrote of it quite a while ago that I'm happy to send to anybody who asks for it (one email or about 4 PMS), though. One reason why I think it wasn't used was due to a major difference in how the Centauri attacks on the IA were done.

Jan

Comment

• Jan, am I misremembering, or did Gut Reactions never end up as a finished script that was actually turned in and paid for? If it was finished, I'm curious why it didn't end up in one of the script books. Incidentally, the small Peter David excerpt in the book was originally in a much longer, primarily Star Trek-related interview I had done, but when Jason saw a reference to it in the Bill Mumy interview, I dug out that passage for him so he could throw it in the book as well.

Comment

• Joe, I'd have to look but iirc, the one I've got is a first draft. It came from the collection I bought from a member of the Art Dept. (Mark Walters). When I asked Bill Mumy to autograph it several years ago he was very surprised to see it so I don't think that many copies escaped into the wild.

I love my collection.

Jan

Comment

No, Gut Reactions hasn't been in any of the books. I've got a synopsis that I wrote of it quite a while ago that I'm happy to send to anybody who asks for it (one email or about 4 PMS), though. One reason why I think it wasn't used was due to a major difference in how the Centauri attacks on the IA were done.

Jan
                            I sooooooo would like to have a copy of it !
                            Could you send it to me via PMs please ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                              Jan, am I misremembering, or did Gut Reactions never end up as a finished script that was actually turned in and paid for?
                              Bill mentioned in an interview that he and Peter had written the script, been paid, and even were asked to do the first re-write before the episode was dropped. He was a little upset that it didn't end up getting produced.

Comment

Joe, I'd have to look but iirc, the one I've got is a first draft.
                                Okay, I'm home now and checked. It's all white pages and says that it's the First Draft and it's dated 9/15/97.

Greg60, I'll get it off to you. Don't know how many PMs it'll take but I'll number them low (beginning) to high (end).

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X