Crusade: What The Hell Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusade: What The Hell Happened

Thought i'd share this. I was beggining to wonder what the hold up with volume 2 was so I tweeted JMS and asked him about the status of volume 2. He responded by saying: "I hope for the next Crusade book out soonish; it's so painful to go back, every page is a struggle, I get angry then cant write"

You may also find this of interest: I asked him what his thoughts were now that TNT had decided to support sci fi, his response: "The ways of executives are like unto god, they transcend all understanding."

Pat
    This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon

In answer to his post about Pat Tallman's book somebody else also asked about Hell 2 and he responded:

I'm working on it...it's just a matter of typing through the tears....
    This is obviously difficult for him.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I just WISH there was a way to get the Crusade story told, and told right.
      Mac Breck (KoshN)
      ------------------
      Warner Brothers is Lucy.
      JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
      Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
        I just WISH there was a way to get the Crusade story told, and told right.
        I think a lot of us do. In fact I apparently want it told so much, that last night I had a dream in which I, somehow made millions, and bought out TNT and handed JMS an 110 episode commitment for a remake of Crusade, giving him full creative control and a sign for his office door that read "no suits allowed".

It was a good dream, if only it were a reality :P
        This is my command. I'll do whatever's necessary. If that means turning the entire galaxy upside down and shaking its pockets to see what falls out, then that's what I'll do. I'm not subtle. I'm not pretty, and I'll piss off a lot of people along the way. But I'll get the job done.

- Captain Matthew Gideon

Comment

I've been playing the Powerball for years to make that dream a reality. The trouble is that I have the luck of Zathras.
          Mac Breck (KoshN)
          ------------------
          Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Not to rain on your Power Ball fantasy and if you won, I suspect there would be no shortage of things you could do with that money but I don't think a revived Crusade would be one of them. If there's one unfortunate fact in Hollywood it's that no studio wants to be proven wrong. If they've completely screwed up a project to the point of cancellation, they wouldn't sell it to somebody else who could possibly make a sucess of it. That would make the first studio look incompetent and we certainly can't have that. Although I suppose Futurama's Emmy win last night pretty much contradicts everything I've just said, so maybe there will be some use for that money after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusader View Post
              Thought i'd share this. I was beggining to wonder what the hold up with volume 2 was so I tweeted JMS and asked him about the status of volume 2. He responded by saying: "I hope for the next Crusade book out soonish; it's so painful to go back, every page is a struggle, I get angry then cant write"
              Grrr this makes me angry. My poor JMS :/
              Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
              True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                Not to rain on your Power Ball fantasy and if you won, I suspect there would be no shortage of things you could do with that money....
                True, but I've learned to live on so little, comparitively speaking, for sooo long, it wouldn't take much of a large Powerball jackpot to more than satisfy me and a few relatives and friends. There would be plenty left over, after taxes, to finance five seasons of Crusade.

....but I don't think a revived Crusade would be one of them.
                In my case, you'd be flat wrong.

If there's one unfortunate fact in Hollywood it's that no studio wants to be proven wrong. If they've completely screwed up a project to the point of cancellation, they wouldn't sell it to somebody else who could possibly make a sucess of it. That would make the first studio look incompetent and we certainly can't have that. Although I suppose Futurama's Emmy win last night pretty much contradicts everything I've just said, so maybe there will be some use for that money after all.
                Buy the B5 and Crusade license from Warner Brothers for say 10 to 20 years. Restart Crusade. (The man with the money makes the rules.) RESTART. Get the original cast back. Offer signing bonuses to get 'em and KEEP 'em, especially the important ones, e.g. Gary Cole, etc.

TNT is not the studio. F*ck 'em. So they look stupid and incompetent. Fine. They are stupid and incompetent.

One final thing, JPL and I are involved to prevent any physics mistakes like those that were in "Racing the Night." No cringe worthy physics mistakes! ARGH!

Other than that, JMS gets carte blanche.
                Last edited by KoshN; 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM.
                Mac Breck (KoshN)
                ------------------
                Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

KoshN, it's hard to tell what you think about TNT. Your post is so subtle. *grin*

I think we've ALL had that dream at one time or another ... Coming into a great deal of money and in some way getting more B5/Crusade.

Mine was to give JMS one hundred million dollars and tell him to go away and come back with 110 episodes of new B5-related show, and the only note he would get from me is that Jane (played again by Maggie Egan) had to be back and not killed off. Closest thing to free reign an executive producer could get on a series, right?

Ah well. We can all dream.
                  "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                    KoshN, it's hard to tell what you think about TNT. Your post is so subtle. *grin*

I think we've ALL had that dream at one time or another ... Coming into a great deal of money and in some way getting more B5/Crusade.

Mine was to give JMS one hundred million dollars and tell him to go away and come back with 110 episodes of new B5-related show, and the only note he would get from me is that Jane (played again by Maggie Egan) had to be back and not killed off. Closest thing to free reign an executive producer could get on a series, right?

Ah well. We can all dream.
                    I'd finance my own tv series to write myself. Giving money to JMS, pshaw! He's doing fine on his own.
                    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Get the original cast back. Offer signing bonuses to get 'em and KEEP 'em, especially the important ones, e.g. Gary Cole, etc.
                      Good luck getting Daniel Dae Kim back, HAWAII-FIVE 0 looks like it is going to stick around for a few years, and his is probably the second most interesting character on the show after Scott Cann. And how lucky is he to be on two hit shows in a row that are produced in Hawaii?
                      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Plus it would cost a lot of money for Gary Cole and the other two guys; the ones that would have to drag him back kicking and screaming.

Comment

Plus it would cost a lot of money for Gary Cole and the other two guys; the ones that would have to drag him back kicking and screaming.
                          I was going to say, that was essentially what Janet Greek said in one of your interviews in Crusade: Behind The Scenes, if memory serves (which it usually doesn't.)

- Captain Matthew Gideon

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
                            I'd finance my own tv series to write myself. Giving money to JMS, pshaw! He's doing fine on his own.
                            He's not doing fine at continuing stories in the B5 universe. It seems that the real universe is almost completely allied against us in that regard.
                            Mac Breck (KoshN)
                            ------------------
                            Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by frulad View Post
                              Good luck getting Daniel Dae Kim back, HAWAII-FIVE 0 looks like it is going to stick around for a few years, and his is probably the second most interesting character on the show after Scott Cann. And how lucky is he to be on two hit shows in a row that are produced in Hawaii?
                              DDK would have to be written out (not necessarily killed off), if Crusade was continued as a TV series. If Crusade was continued in novels, all the Crusade characters would obviously be available. Novels have the additional advantage that actors can't bail on you whenever they feel like it. However, Crusade or even new B5 novels can never happen because of lack of perceived demand, and because JMS is holding out for doing B5 and Crusade stories in video form.

It SUCKS to be a Crusade fan. I know, because I AM a Crusade fan.
                              Last edited by KoshN; 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM.
                              Mac Breck (KoshN)
                              ------------------
                              Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Working...
                              X