X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    I wish we had some warning these were coming ... and that they weren't all announced right at christmas, when funds are at their tightest. Maybe one a month for three months, but TPTB have their reasons.

On the positive side, these books don't seem to be limited in nature like the B5 scriptbooks, so they should be available months (or years?) down the road.
    Yeah that's a lot to come out. I definitely want these but probably am going to have to pace myself

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    Only the first edition of Brain Movies Volume One with the B5 content and signatures is limited.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by glindros View Post
    As much as I enjoyed the first Harlan book, and will buy the second, the lack of jms/B5 content in these new books would seem to relegate it to the Off Topic section of the forum, or do I misunderstand how things are grouped? Is the script group now for anything 180 publishing related? Just curious.
    <shrug> The thread was here so I used it. Didn't figure anybody'd care that much.

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    On the positive side, these books don't seem to be limited in nature like the B5 scriptbooks, so they should be available months (or years?) down the road.
    I haven't heard anything that they'll be limited (with the exception of the signed Brain Movies with the B5 content). Jason, can you confirm?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    I wish we had some warning these were coming ... and that they weren't all announced right at christmas, when funds are at their tightest. Maybe one a month for three months, but TPTB have their reasons.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    As much as I enjoyed the first Harlan book, and will buy the second, the lack of jms/B5 content in these new books would seem to relegate it to the Off Topic section of the forum, or do I misunderstand how things are grouped? Is the script group now for anything 180 publishing related? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    *Three* New Harlan Ellison Books

Some extra-ordinary Harlan goodness has just been released today via http://www.cafepress.com/harlanellison with some stories restored to they way they were originally written, others reprinted for the first time. In addition, the unsigned Brain Movies Volume 1 has been released today (the previous release had been signed by Harlan and JMS and had exclusive B5 content). The three new books are:

Brain Movies, Volume Two (introduction by Patton Oswalt)
    - THE ORIGINAL TELEPLAYS OF HARLAN ELLISON
    The second in the ongoing Brain Movies series collects six more of Harlan Ellison's teleplays. Once again, the scripts are reproduced from Ellison's private files, exactly as he typed them.

Harlan 101: Encountering Harlan (introduction by Neil Gaiman)
    - Designed as both an introduction to Harlan Ellison's vast body of work and as a manual for would-be writers, Harlan 101 collects the best of the author's short fiction, seven essays on the craft of writing, and a collection of rarely seen oddities from Ellison's extensive archives.

Harlan 101: The Sound of a Scythe and Three Brilliant Novellas (introduction by Ronald D. Moore)
    - For the first time in 50 years, Ellison's second novel returns to print in a substantially revised and expanded form. Also included are three of Ellison's best long-form stories.

All edited by our own Jason Davis who's welcome to chime in for more details.
    WWW.HarlanBooks.com

There are a few of the limited edition signed versions of Brain Movies Volume One still available at http://www.cafepress.com/harlanellison/8338314

Jan

ETA: Seems like a perfect time to see if the 25 percent off "CLAUS" coupon that OmahaStar posted below is good for these volumes until midnight Pacific time.
    Last edited by Jan; 12-01-2011, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    ^^ Excellent news. I've edited the thread title to the plural in celebration.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    Materials for the second of Publishing 180's Harlan Ellison books should be arriving at my door in mere minutes...including one item that has never been reprinted since its original appearance forty years ago...

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    A quick update for anybody who is interested: I just got off the phone with Harlan Ellison, who gave me the final corrections and comments on our interview, which will hopefully be going in the next issue of Sci-Fi Now Magazine. It's going to be a big piece, probably six pages and it's also got additional comments from Joe Straczynski and Neil Gaiman, so I think folks will really like it. I'll post the issue number as soon as I know for sure.
    That's fantastic. Can't wait to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    A quick update for anybody who is interested: I just got off the phone with Harlan Ellison, who gave me the final corrections and comments on our interview, which will hopefully be going in the next issue of Sci-Fi Now Magazine. It's going to be a big piece, probably six pages and it's also got additional comments from Joe Straczynski and Neil Gaiman, so I think folks will really like it. I'll post the issue number as soon as I know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    The book has arrived, now I need to find some time to read it . . .

looking forward to getting started.

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    Jan and Jason already know about this, but I thought I'd mention it here; I just managed to do a lengthy interview with Harlan Ellison earlier this evening about Brain Movies and the other books that will be coming out in the series. I'll post the info when I have the specifics about when and where.
    That's awesome, can't wait to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Jan and Jason already know about this, but I thought I'd mention it here; I just managed to do a lengthy interview with Harlan Ellison earlier this evening about Brain Movies and the other books that will be coming out in the series. I'll post the info when I have the specifics about when and where.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Jan, as far as I know the dual-signed books are still available. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be worth writing to Captain Jaclyn and seeing if there's any possibility of getting 'vacation amnesty' for this one. If not, you can still get the book even if the discount isn't possible.

Good luck,
    Jan
    Thank you, Jan, I will try to get the "special B5 edition", will contact Jaclyn asap.

Update : it was still available, so ordered it . . .
    Last edited by babylonlurker; 08-08-2011, 11:24 PM. Reason: Update

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Jan, as far as I know the dual-signed books are still available. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be worth writing to Captain Jaclyn and seeing if there's any possibility of getting 'vacation amnesty' for this one. If not, you can still get the book even if the discount isn't possible.

Good luck,
    Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X