Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asked & Answered Part 4 Availabe Oct 14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Asked & Answered Part 4 Availabe Oct 14

    To quote the e-mail that was sent out today...

    The B5 Books Team is delaying the release of Part 4 of the "Asked & Answered" series from this month to October 14.

    This is because of an unusually high number of fans catching up with the releases they missed this summer while traveling and vacationing.

    To let these folks catch up (and to accommodate demand), Part 4 will be released on October 14. Part 5 will now be released November 18.


    However, they are hosting a version of the JMS interview done on the Babylon Podcast!! Here is the link to their site for these files:

    http://www.cafepress.com/B5books/6881137

    (Don't know why they didn't just point to the Babylon Podcast's website for files.....)

    Enjoy!!

    Tony Miller
    Webster, TX

  • #2
    Originally posted by Texas_Ranger View Post
    To quote the e-mail that was sent out today...

    The B5 Books Team is delaying the release of Part 4 of the "Asked & Answered" series from this month to October 14.

    This is because of an unusually high number of fans catching up with the releases they missed this summer while traveling and vacationing.

    To let these folks catch up (and to accommodate demand), Part 4 will be released on October 14. Part 5 will now be released November 18.


    However, they are hosting a version of the JMS interview done on the Babylon Podcast!! Here is the link to their site for these files:

    http://www.cafepress.com/B5books/6881137

    (Don't know why they didn't just point to the Babylon Podcast's website for files.....)

    Enjoy!!

    Tony Miller
    Webster, TX
    They also have the live feed, which I didn't think was on the Podcast site. I posted a question there and over on another thread here asking how much is in the extra 30 minutes of the live feed. I've started downloading the live feed, but the download appears to have stalled.

    I'm okay with the delay on the next volume. Postponing spending that $35.24 to another month won't hurt. I've plenty of things to read.

    Comment


    • #3
      I haven't listened to both to compare but I know that the live feed has some set-up before JMS called in and one short break when he had to accept a delivery. Don't think that adds up to 30 minutes but there was probably a good bit of discussion afterward, too.

      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm OK with waiting an extra month as long as I know what's going on. I love having the info. The scripts team rules!

        Comment


        • #5
          If Karen can take the waiting then so can I. The summer certainly tapped me out, and I'm still reading vol.3 anyway.

          It did surprise me that the Scripts Team decided to post the live feed file in addition to the two part interview.

          To include a link to a live feed recording in such a mass mailing seems to do a disservice to the people that work so hard on producing the finished show. To my knowledge there was no significant or even slightly important thing edited from any of the two part interview recordings.

          Do the show hosts encourage people who have found the show to listen to the live feed? Yes. Do a core group of people catch the live feed every week, and even record it for those who missed it? Yes. Are crazy things said from time to time that don't make broadcast? Yes.

          Does the show keep an archive of live feed recordings? No. Did anything "crazy" happen during jms' live feed, besides jms answering questions with his vast knowledge and wit? No. Does the Babylon Podcast put live feed recordings up on itunes, or in their rss feed? No.

          To introduce what I assume are thousands of jms fans to the Babylon Podcast through the B5 books mass email is great and a win-win for all, but highlighting an unfinished version of the podcast seems to lack a certain amount of common courtesy, and respect for the effort to produce the finished show. I think a url listing the show's website would be the better published link.
          What a wonderful world you live in. -
          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

          Comment


          • #6
            I also asked about the live feed recording in the comment section of the second part of the podcast and Summer has responded saying that no content of the interview itself was edited out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by glindros View Post
              To introduce what I assume are thousands of jms fans to the Babylon Podcast through the B5 books mass email is great and a win-win for all, but highlighting an unfinished version of the podcast seems to lack a certain amount of common courtesy, and respect for the effort to produce the finished show. I think a url listing the show's website would be the better published link.
              Just to clarify, the link was posted with permission of a representative of the Podcast. However, it's being removed as there wasn't anything of JMS's not contained in the edited file.

              Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just go my notice a few minutes ago. Part 4 is available!

                http://www.cafepress.com/b5books

                Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Just go my notice a few minutes ago. Part 4 is available!

                  http://www.cafepress.com/b5books

                  Jan
                  So did I , amd the order has been made
                  Jan from Denmark

                  My blog :

                  http://www.babylonlurker.dk

                  "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm a little behind you guys. I had an appointment today and just got home. I have now ordered, though, so I'm all caught up!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Karen View Post
                      I'm a little behind you guys. I had an appointment today and just got home. I have now ordered, though, so I'm all caught up!
                      Whew! I was getting...anxious!

                      Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's OK, Jan. I take your anxiousness as a form of worship and am pleased. But if you do it too much, I may have to smite you. (Isn't that what goddesses are known for?)


                        Edit: It's ben about 8 hours since I ordered the book and it shows as shipped already on the CafePress site. I don't have a tracking number yet, but have never had a book out of production this quickly. I am amazed.
                        Last edited by Karen; 10-14-2009, 10:39 PM. Reason: Startling new info

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I too have sent my offering to the Church of jms, and await my eternal reward. I have to admit I wasn't anxious, but definitely a bit excited.
                          What a wonderful world you live in. -
                          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They are fast: I ordered last night when I came home and it has shipped already.
                            Now I'm just hoping I don't have to pay the 10 euro import tax. Sometimes I'm lucky and customs forget the charge.
                            Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                            John Sheridan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Today's the last day for the $10 discount if you've been procrastinating. Yeah, like that happens a lot with this crowd, huh?

                              Jan
                              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X