No announcement yet.

Jason Davis and Jan on The Babylon Podcast with Script Book News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The short stories have very definitely been discussed. I think they're probably the second most requested items after Crusade.

Jan

ETA: No worries about the name, I just thought it looked better this way and I don't like editing other people's posts without saying something.
    Last edited by Jan; 02-05-2009, 02:57 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      There! Look! You actually got a straight reply out of me! Of course, a certain quote about replies and answers could apply here....
      If it's the one about having to hang upside down while looking in a mirror then yes I think it applies! I am excited that it will be on a regular schedule again, whatever the books may be!

Comment

Ah, how many times I thought: "This is the last book they're going to make, so that I can finally focus my budget on other things".

I agree with KoshN: jms is evil.
        Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

The interview is up on the Babylon Podcast website.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
            Ah, how many times I thought: "This is the last book they're going to make, so that I can finally focus my budget on other things".

I agree with KoshN: jms is evil.
            It's like a good cookie, you can't just have one!
            Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
              A series of new script books will be released starting in March. It is said to be something we didn't know about, but always wanted. The total number was not given, other than it being more than one.
              Just heard the first line about this. Apparently once these books are out "we will have no questions left to ask about the B5 canon."

Comment

Over on the Babylon Podcast last night they were talking about the future script books. One of the hosts mentioned that Jason had said there would be a set of two books, and a set of six books. I can't seem to find this reference.
                Last edited by glindros; 02-19-2009, 02:30 PM.
                What a wonderful world you live in. -
                Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Glindros,

I mentioned the two forthcoming book series on the Babylon Podcast a few weeks ago. The first is -- as of this writing -- a series of five books (not six). The second series is -- probably -- two books. Things are, of course, subject to change.

Jason

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that point for me Jason.
                    What a wonderful world you live in. -
                    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Hmmm. The 'two books' could cover A Call To Arms and JMS's Crusade eps quite nicely. If A Call To Arms counts as two 1-hour scripts and the unproduced scripts are included that comes to two books of seven one-hour scripts each, just like the B5 scriptbooks.

That's not even addressing the mystery of the five book series though.

Comment

Could the 5 books be Jeremiah? Not B5, but still JMS scripts.
                        "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste View Post
                          Could the 5 books be Jeremiah? Not B5, but still JMS scripts.
                          I think we were told the new books are B5 related, and they are not scripts.

Comment

They are not script books. JoeD80 is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                              They are not script books. JoeD80 is correct.
                              That narrows it down.
                              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

It's nearly March ...

Well, just a few days left in February, so there could be an official announcement about the first of these books soon ...

Comment

Working...
                                X