Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Just received my copy of "Purple", and shock-horror - the package was labeled Book/Journal )

Did CP finally get the message ?

now for finding time to read - first I have some writing to do ....

Leave a comment:

• *Starstuff*
    replied
    I got mine tonight and excitedly opened it and started reading. And, to my delight, one of my two favorite quotes of all times greeted me instantly (the other one is "Faith manages").
    I have to admit, though, I really would have preferred a smaller font, less empty space and more quotes ... it looks sort of empty, to be honest. I had hoped for a tightly packed book.

But, one also has to consider that the Script books actually already have everything in them so this book is more an extract, something where the best pieces are coming together. (Though I didn't find some quotes I like in the sections where I thought they belong ... have to look again tomorrow.)

Also, to me the introduction somehow didn't really "sound" like JMS. I don't know why, but this one is different than the ones in the script books. Can't put my finger on anything, but something was missing.

Anyway, I got the book, I will peruse (hopefully that's the right word) in more detail during the weekend, and I looks really nice in my collection.

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    I'm also a bit underwhelmed at this.

After waiting so long... and to get so much wasted space and many fewer quotes than I expected.... I do like the intros to each section, but I think that Lyta & Lochley have gotten the short end of the stick (though in Lovely Lyta's case that is keeping in line with what happened to her character)

Ah well I'm a completest but I think I'm holding off any other books until the Crusade scripts are released.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
    Wait...they are going to release a B5 chronology book? If so, I hope that it's as good as the ST one. It will have the advantage of being fully updated, too.
    It's already out. It's not like the ST one though.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Wait...they are going to release a B5 chronology book? If so, I hope that it's as good as the ST one. It will have the advantage of being fully updated, too.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    I'm still reading through the books, but I wonder if jms was talking about the quote thread in this forum when he referenced forum threads with fans putting forth their favorite quote.

Leave a comment:

• KaCHING64
    replied
    Quote Book Concerns

I eagerly received my copy of this today. While I realize that this is a show that has meant so much to so many and the body of work is so rich in quote-worthy material, I have to say that I was a little disappointed to find that one of my all-time favorite quotes wasn't included.

In fact, the entire Kosh section seems to be unforgivably light and I seem to remember Bester's character having more zingers than those included as well.

Admittedly, I read through the introductions and the first section and then performed a pretty decent scan looking for my personal favorites. So if the quote I thought was missing is indeed in the pages, I apologize.

In case anyone cared, here was the quote I couldn't find:

Kosh: "The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."

However, on the plus side, many other of my my all-time favorites seemed to be listed - such as:

Sheridan: "Lennier, get us the hell out of here."
    Lennier: "Initiating 'getting the hell out of here' maneuver."

Zathras: "Yes, yes, Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

Sheridan: "So, how did you find out about all of this?"
    Bester: "I'm a telepath. Work it out."

As always, everyone's mileage may vary. I have the script books and the DVDs, so this book doesn't necessarily have to be all things to all people. I respect the effort and forgive the omissions and duplications.

Honestly though, how could this book begin with anything other than:

Kosh: "And so it begins..."

Thanks for reading,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    I glanced through my book early this morning.

It's ok, but it doesn't make me go wild. So much empty page space, so many good quote opportunities missed.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    My chronology book arrived like that, and the Scripts team offered to send me a replacement free of charge. I suggest you contact Jaclyn with the details.
    Contact Jaclyn at [email protected]

Jan
    (I'm Jan Schroeder and I approved this message )

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    I've read through the intros and the first section (Faith/Hope). I'm overjoyed to have it ... Even though the book is in really bad, beat-up shape. I think someone used it for boxing or something. But I have it. Finally.
    My chronology book arrived like that, and the Scripts team offered to send me a replacement free of charge. I suggest you contact Jaclyn with the details.

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    My cleaning girl just email me that my copy is home...

FP

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied
    Mine is still on a truck somewhere. Hopefully the tracking page will update soon.....

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by glindros View Post
    Mine has been delivered. Now I just have to get home to read it.
    I've read through the intros and the first section (Faith/Hope). I'm overjoyed to have it ... Even though the book is in really bad, beat-up shape. I think someone used it for boxing or something. But I have it. Finally.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Mine has been delivered. Now I just have to get home to read it.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied

Come on, interoffice mail guys ... *buzzing*

Edit to add ... I have it. Squeee!
    Last edited by OmahaStar; 10-15-2008, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎