Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Found another one in the middle of the scene between Zathras and Ivanova in "Conflicts of Interest":

And if there's any difference in pronunciation, she sure as
    hell can't hear it...and it's only a sheer act of will that
    keeps her from plinking him in the eyes and yanking his shorts
    up over his head, which would send the rest of this episode
    seriously askew.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by timk519 View Post
    I'm curious what ice crystals buried beneath the arctic shelf since the early cretaceous period would actually look like....
    Methinks very cold...and very hard.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• timk519
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    eyes glitter like two ice crystals buried beneath the arctic shelf since the early cretaceous period.
    I'm curious what ice crystals buried beneath the arctic shelf since the early cretaceous period would actually look like....

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Oooh, good one! I like this one from Act Three of "The Fall of Night":

Sheridan sits slumped in the middle of the couch, jacket off,
    shirt sleeves rolled up, drink in his hand and an "I could give a shit if the universe explodes" look on his face as Ivanova enters.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    And Now for a Word

I'm reading "And Now for a Word" and there are some delightful descriptions in the script.

From Scene 2
    CYNTHIA TORQUEMAN, a tintanium-platted stunner whose eyes glitter like two ice crystals buried beneath the arctic shelf since the early cretaceous period.
    From Scene 8, describing Londo
    And he smiles a smile that tells you butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
    And right where I just left off at the end of Scene 21, after Torqueman talks with Ivanova
    And that's where she leaves it. You could drop an asteroid on her, and you wouldn't get anything else.
    What a treat to read these.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    10. Chump
    9. Chumpette
    8. Yours
    7. Up
    6. Pimpmobile
    5. Bite
    4. My
    3. Shiny
    2. Daffodil
    1. Ass

Ah, Bender Bending Rodriguez, my hero!

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by glindros View Post
    I'm just curious what words or phrases we see jms use over, and over again, his pet phrases so to speak.
    "When the time is right"

Variations on "Sending them all straight to Hell".

Just off the top of my head!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Here's one I just found. In "Mind War", Talia and a businessman are talking about what it's like to be a telepath and just after Talia relates how strong emotions tend to leak through, they get on a transport tube and...
    ...and behind her, Garibaldi gives Talia the once-over with his eyes, checking her out the way men sometimes do (I'm told).
    Of *course* JMS has never done anything of the sort, I'm sure!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    I remember "in the final analysis" coming up a bunch of times.

If you watch several episodes on one sitting, or within a few days, there are phrases that just start to stick out.
    Last edited by Spoo Junky; 07-12-2008, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
    10. Chump
    9. Chumpette
    8. Yours
    7. Up
    6. Pimpmobile
    5. Bite
    4. My
    3. Shiny
    2. Daffodil
    1. Ass

Daffodil #2? Wow! Now that's a surprise., I would have figured #5 tops.

Back on topic, I'm just curious what words or phrases we see jms use over, and over again, his pet phrases so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by glindros View Post
    I know it would be a massive undertaking by hand, but just out of curiosity I wonder what jms's top ten words used in the script would be, excluding the common words ( e.g. and, if, he, she, in, go).
    10. Chump
    9. Chumpette
    8. Yours
    7. Up
    6. Pimpmobile
    5. Bite
    4. My
    3. Shiny
    2. Daffodil
    1. Ass

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    I know it would be a massive undertaking by hand, but just out of curiosity I wonder what jms's top ten words used in the script would be, excluding the common words ( e.g. and, if, he, she, in, go).

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Hmmm. No Lyta's Lingerie from that day's shoot, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Well, I did know about those from before the script books, yeah. Hope that wasn't too much of a spoiler!

Here's the only instance I know where JMS uses an actor's name in the script; from "Wheel of Fire" when Sheridan goes into the isolab to tell Delenn that she's pregnant...
    I leave her silent reaction, as they embrace, to Mira.
    This one was always my favorite, though; from "Secrets of the Soul":

As Lyta clutches Byron, holding him tight, not just the physical release, but the release of what she's seen and known and had to carry for so long. (I wonder which is more embarrassing, reading this or writing it?) He wraps his arms around her, seeing past her.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Every once in a while, while reading the scripts, you'll run across something that brings you out of the story but reminds you that the person writing the script was having fun doing it.....
    In "Soul Mates", Peter David describes a transisitional shot of the station:
    EXT. BABYLON 5
    In case viewers forgot where we are.

and

EXT. BABYLON 5
    Transition shot. Collect 'em all. Trade 'em.
    I guess you forgot that most of us haven't seen Volume 3 of the Other Voices collection or have Soul Mates in our personal collection.

Neil

Leave a comment:

Working...
X