Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I'm posting this on the older Other Voices thread because it was more appropriate. Anyway, I was re-reading Larry DiTillio's into for 'Eyes,' and noticed that he couldn't recall the name of the little person actor who originally auditioned for the role of Harriman Gray (which ultimately went to Jeff Combs. I double-checked an old interview that Larry and I done at the time and it turns out that the actor in question was actually Michael J. Anderson, best known for his work in Twin Peaks and more recently in Carnivale. So I throw that in for any of you B5 trivia enthusiasts out there.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    So we're going to have to trade autographs, huh?

Jan
    I'll take anyone's autograph I can get.

I can now boast I knew both of you before you were famous

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    So we're going to have to trade autographs, huh?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    It's cool to be able to point to something you contributed, isn't it?

Jan
    OV volume 2 just arrived about 15 minutes ago. On a lark, I went back to the piece of paper I'd written my questions on and opened up the interview in the book. And I see my first question there. And my second. And my third. And ... Suh-weet!

I is famous. I am Oprah! I am Oprah!

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Righteous Bros View Post
    Ok,

Just bought the first 14 volumes in one go....wish me luck explaining this at home tonight...anyone else live near Cork in Ireland, might need a place to stay!!

Now, how do I get volume 15. Is it automatically sent to me?
    No. Immediately go to this site - http://b5scripts.com/proof/

Fill it out completely. There's a lot there. The part you fill out is at the bottom. They need the order number for each volume. If you ordered all of them in one order, then put the same order number in for each. In the comments field at the bottom, say you ordered number 14 and put that order number in.

You need to do this immediately, do not wait, because they ship all at the same time. If you do it right, you'll get an email today from the scripts team confirming it's coming. Volume 15 gets shipped with the rest, but since it's free, there is no book number or anything like that, but will be in the box(es) like the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Righteous Bros
    replied
    Took the plunge

Ok,

Just bought the first 14 volumes in one go....wish me luck explaining this at home tonight...anyone else live near Cork in Ireland, might need a place to stay!!

Now, how do I get volume 15. Is it automatically sent to me?

Leave a comment:

• Righteous Bros
    replied
    Thanks for the link

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Righteous Bros
    Also, JMS is a shoe in for the little gold man with no genitalia statue come Feb/Mar 2009. Surely Cafe-Press would know this and realise that they also have 'gold' on their books.

I sympathize, truly. But one thing (two things, really) to remember is that making the script books a limited edition was a decision that JMS made over two years ago when he started the project. Second is that it's not Cafe Press' call to make. They only fulfill orders for the merchandise that the shopkeepers make available.

You're not alone in lamenting this, btw. It was discussed, debated and disected not all that long ago in this thread. It was a good discussion but there's no gainsaying what JMS has decided.

Jan

Jan,

Thanks for the link to the previous thread...anyone any ideas how I can persuade my wife to let me spend Ç500 on more B5 stuff....answers gratefully received.

I suppose the kids could live on fresh air for a while

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied

Jan
    Jan : It is always cool to see one's contribution in public. I have done it with other stuff, so know the feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

Jan

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Volume 2 just arrived today and I was quite pleased to recognize some of the questions that I submitted. Jan, thanks for asking us to ask.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Righteous Bros View Post
    Also, JMS is a shoe in for the little gold man with no genitalia statue come Feb/Mar 2009. Surely Cafe-Press would know this and realise that they also have 'gold' on their books.
    I sympathize, truly. But one thing (two things, really) to remember is that making the script books a limited edition was a decision that JMS made over two years ago when he started the project. Second is that it's not Cafe Press' call to make. They only fulfill orders for the merchandise that the shopkeepers make available.

You're not alone in lamenting this, btw. It was discussed, debated and disected not all that long ago in this thread. It was a good discussion but there's no gainsaying what JMS has decided.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Righteous Bros
    replied
    The ending of the scripts

Was going to call this post "Giving a piece of my mind", but as a teacher of mine once responded when I said those words while politics - "Can you afford it?"

I would love to have the scripts, but as someone who cannot justify an all in one outlay of over Ç500 (euros or yo-yo's as we like to call them, as the exchange rate goes up and down and up and down...) then I have to ask why is there an end date for publication.

Let me take this a little further...indulge me.

It is one of my goals in life to convince everyone that B5 is simply the greatest TV program of all time and to that end I am doing the convincing one person at a time. Now, let us presume that I can convince 10 other people to become as obsessed as me, then they may at some stage in the future wonder if they can get their hands on the scripts. How can they satisfy their obsession (dedication is another word that springs to mind) if the scripts are longer being produced.

Let us think this through. JMS captures Felix's odd friend. The whole world is going to want to know more about him. They will hear of this strange yet wonderful phenomonen (did I spell that right?) of B5. They will the intrigued, they will buy it on DVD, TV channels will re-run it and suddenly we, as people who already knew, will become quite smug and suggest that they are not true disciples until they own the scripts...but they can't becuase they no longer sell them....madness!

Obviously, I could just give up cigarettes and use the money I save to buy the damn things, but wheres the fun in that.

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    Other Vocies - Zicree & DiTillio

I was glad to see Zicree write about his introduction to Joe and how he helped Joe get the job on Captain Power. When I first heard about that connnectiong from Mark a while back, it was a big surprise. I really wonder if Babylon 5 would have ever happened or how it would have played out differently if Joe had never gotten together with Doug and John. Sounds like an idea for an alternate history story to me.... Would Space Rangers have been the pioneering show for digitial visual effects? Would Deep Space Nine have happened or would we have gotten Voyager first or something completely different.

It's also good to get Larry's perspective on things since he was heavily involved in the early days of the show. He came over to Phoenix for a couple of conventions around that time and it was always fun to hear his stories about the show.

Lee Whiteside

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    Peter David's scripts will be part of the series. I talked to him at WizardWorld Philly today and he confirmed it to me. He also stated that he was aked to do a 4,000 word intro essay and he wound up writing 9,000 words!
    The script team just sent the email confirming that all 18 scripts will be in. So, whether the last minute arrangements were about Peter David's two scripts or two others is moot. The second volume is ready for ordering.

http://www.cafepress.com/b5OtherVoices

$10 off good through Thursday June 19 ONLY

Neil

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    I enjoyed reading "The War Prayer" and seeing the differences from the script to the episode. One thing I did notice in D. C. Fontana's script, is that Ivanova and Vir(ell) are written close to what was described in the Writer's Bible -- Ivanova still having resentment toward Minbari -- Vir being arrogant and destined for a fall -- but those character traits apparently were dropped early on, since they don't show up in the episode.

(Although watching "Midnight on the Firing Line", I can see that resentment written into Ivanova's character a little when she says to Sinclair "I'm surprised to hear you describe the Minbari that way" after Sinclair says they fight honorably.)

I just finished reading the script to "Survivors" so now it's time to watch!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X