Babylon 5 Scripts: Other Voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
    1. 16 of 18 scripts approved. Who are the other two? I assume 1 is neil gaiman since he already released his.
    If 1 is Neil Gaiman, then we could assume that Scott Frost's is the other since he is the only other person with just 1 script. If 1 is not Neil Gaiman's, then it could be Peter David's two scripts. It could be that with everything that he's been working on, he just hasn't had the time to fully approve the deal yet. So, it appears that with 6 scripts per volume that is the all the B5 non-JMS scripts and the Crusade ones may be released along with JMS' ones if we are lucky.

Neil

Comment

By the way, David Gerrold's ├┤Laser-Mirror-Starweb" was adapted into 2 issues of the comic book series.

http://www.ntua.gr/lurk/comic/009.html

Neil

Comment

Ah, I see we think alike and at the same time .

I am looking forward to this bonus feature:

Larry DiTillio's 13,000 word bible that documents all the League alien races in Babylon 5, giving full details on their customs, culture, mating rituals and physiology.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80
          I am looking forward to this bonus feature:

Quote:
          Larry DiTillio's 13,000 word bible that documents all the League alien races in Babylon 5, giving full details on their customs, culture, mating rituals and physiology.
          I bought a copy of this from a crew member a long time ago and it's pretty amazing.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

From the email...

"Coming June 15, 2008
            Babylon 5 Scripts: Other Voices - Volume 2
            featuring "By Any Means Necessary" by Kathryn Drennan, which includes a 9,000 word introduction written by her exclusively for this volume."

9,000 words, holy cow! Should be some good dope there.

Comment

I think Neil Gaiman's script will be included, since, when asked at the Eastercon, he said that he would be positive towards including "Day of the Dead - "if someone should collect the scripts" in books

He was probably a little vague because the news was not yet official.
              Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

This was posted on Peter David's blog when he did a Q & A (PAD's answer in caps):

Posted by: Raphael Sutton at April 14, 2007 09:39 PM
                I've been getting the Babylon 5 scripts that JMS is publishing (www.babylon5scripts.com if anyone is interested). Unfortunately JMS said that, due to rights issues, he can only publish the scripts he wrote. Is there any chance that your own B5 scripts, as well as the Crusade one, will be published at some point? Maybe make a deal with JMS to add them to one of the upcoming volumes? Thanks!

Raphy

THERE'S ALWAYS A CHANCE. I'VE NO INTEREST IN SELF-PUBLISHING MY SCRIPTS, BUT IF JOE CAME TO ME AND WANTED TO WORK SOMETHING OUT, THEN SURE.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                  This was posted on Peter David's blog when he did a Q & A (PAD's answer in caps):

Posted by: Raphael Sutton at April 14, 2007 09:39 PM
                  I've been getting the Babylon 5 scripts that JMS is publishing (www.babylon5scripts.com if anyone is interested). Unfortunately JMS said that, due to rights issues, he can only publish the scripts he wrote. Is there any chance that your own B5 scripts, as well as the Crusade one, will be published at some point? Maybe make a deal with JMS to add them to one of the upcoming volumes? Thanks!

Raphy

THERE'S ALWAYS A CHANCE. I'VE NO INTEREST IN SELF-PUBLISHING MY SCRIPTS, BUT IF JOE CAME TO ME AND WANTED TO WORK SOMETHING OUT, THEN SURE.
                  Thanks for digging up that info! Well, that means peter's probably on board with it at least.
                  Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                  True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I was reading through some of the oldest threads on this site, and I came across a message where Jan mentions having the Peter David / Bill Mumy script that was never used! I'm guessing this is *not* scheduled for the books since 18 scripts total would be all the ones that appeared in the show. Is there any chance this might show up as a bonus feature at any time or should we just bug Jan for it ?

Comment

I wouldn't count on seeing it in the Other Voices books but you're welcome to the synopsis that I wrote a while back. I'll send it to your PM box, JoeD80. Anybody else who wants it, let me know.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        I wouldn't count on seeing it in the Other Voices books but you're welcome to the synopsis that I wrote a while back. I'll send it to your PM box, JoeD80. Anybody else who wants it, let me know.

Jan
                        Oh - I would love to see that . Thanks for the offer Jan.
                        Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Jan
                          I'd like to see it as well.

Thanks

Craig
                          All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

Jan
                            Me too! Me too!

What is it with me and my insatiable hunger for information?
                            *sigh*
                            *goes back into his shoebox*
                            Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

All sent.

Apparently JMS decided to go different routes in how he handled Londo's replacement as ambassador and the true cause of the Centauri conflict. I far prefer the way things happened in the story we got but it's interesting seing how other writers would have handled it.

Jan

Comment

Jan
                                Me too, please. Thanks.
                                Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X