• Show
Clear All

• phazedout
    replied
    oh jan
    you've forced me to google and rewatch episodes in order to find this

how can I ever thank you

right, as per

series 3, episode 5 (broadcast order) produciton number 3.04 entitled "Voices of authority)
    around 36 minutes in.
    the bit about pi**ing off god wasn't in there

he did say that they were making him mad though,.

hope this helps.
    Phaze
    on the "glad to do research on this particualr topic" ID

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hi Phaze, and yes, welcome back (and belated happy birthday).

I honestly don't remember what line you mean but I freely admit that I a) could have missed something or b) decided that whatever it is was too short to include. I couldn't log every single line so I tried to just go with significant amounts of cut dialogue which is, of course, extremely subjective. If you let me know more detail I can check it out.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    hi folks.

yes I AM still alive, but life busy.

Jan (oh godess of cuts and additions) I've been going through the "Joe Cuts" series and I think you may hve...

this is hard to say..

mised something.

now the fault is probably mine, I haven't read all 3 volumes of the other voices series so perhaps it's in a non-joe Script.

Hoever there is one scene in which Marcus and Susan are looking for the first ones, Marcus turns to Susan at one point and says "I think you just met, and pi**ed off, God".

I apologise most profusely if my nit-pick is wrong and await the bashing of my head in wiht the big moderator stick.

soryr to de-lurk with such a pety thing, it was my b'day yesterday and perhaps my hangover is showing.
    Phaze
    on the "Not expecting to be welcomed back after a post like that" ID

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    ARGHH!

My order with Vol. 14 and Other Voices, Vol 1 arrived today, but no Vol 15!!!

Gah!!!

(I've already emailed the scripts team, but I am bummed because I was looking forward to having a quiet couple of hours this weekend to dive into Vol 15. Rats...)
    Mine didn't show up at all after two weeks. I emailed the scripts team and they had a replacement sent, but it only had Volume 14 (and it was a fairly crappy produced one with indentations in half the pages). So another email and another replacements, this time which did have both volumes. I had been avoiding this thread until I had them...

Lee Whiteside

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    My Vol 15 came yesterday!

And yes, I immediately turned to the Sinclair 5 year arc document.

Amazing! What an interesting, though ultimately much darker, series that would have been.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    The scripts team continues to impress me at every turn. Way to go gals!

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Amazing!

I emailed the script team yesterday at 5:30 (East Coast Time), but honestly didn't expect an answer because it was late in the afternoon on the Friday before a three day weekend. I would have totally understand if I didn't get an answer until Tuesday. But I had an email back from Jaclyn in just over two hours.

I appreciate that I got an answer that fast, but folks- go home! Your family and pets miss you and the plants may need watering!!! Enjoy your weekend! TAKE A BREAK! You have deserved it!

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    ARGHH!

My order with Vol. 14 and Other Voices, Vol 1 arrived today, but no Vol 15!!!

Gah!!!

(I've already emailed the scripts team, but I am bummed because I was looking forward to having a quiet couple of hours this weekend to dive into Vol 15. Rats...)

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Reading The Gathering production script was interesting. It lines up very well with the Special Edition. Looks like the Special Edition is closer to the original intent than the original aired version. The only things I noticed specifically added to the Special Edition that weren't in the original script were Kosh's thoughts when he first sees what he thinks is Sinclair and Lyta's description of what will be seen during her telepathic scan.

Here's an interesting scene from near the end of the script that didn't appear in either version and made me laugh:

Kyle: Ambassador, I'd like to introduce you to our resident telepath. Lyta Alexander, Ambassador Kosh.

Lyta
    : It's an honor ambassador.

No reaction. Then, slowly, Kosh raises one clawed hand. One by one, he folds the fingers down until only the index finger remains. Then, shaking his head, he waggles his finger at her in a a gesture of "naughty, naughty." He remembers. A flustered Lyta turns back to Dr. Kyle.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    Those S1-S4 notecards are the next thing to wish for.
    As much as I'd enjoy seeing those, what I'd rather see is the list of 'trap doors' JMS had prepared. Assuming it was ever in writing, of course.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
    He said these notecards not only contained plot elements and major events, but also a lot of dialogue that was all written when he first wrote the notecards and that he couldn't keep track of in his head years later. On another post he does mention that it was the notecards that contained the story in an organized way.

So the notecards would probably be closest to his plan.
    Those S1-S4 notecards are the next thing to wish for.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    2. There were notecards with breakdowns written for the planned episodes, including lines of dialogue and major plot points. No one has seen these either (I don't think anyway), and the first half of Season 5's ended up in a dumpster in Blackpool.
    I just read the script book again, and I think it was actually ALL of the season 5 notecards that ended up being lost in Blackpool. I found an online message from shortly before then where he mentions gathering the notes:

6/29/1997:

I've just spent the better part of the evening laying out the basic structure of S5, uncorking all the notes I set aside for 5 in case we got the renewal, playing off the themes and incidents we brought up in year 4...and believe me, filler it *ain't*.
    And in the script-book he mentions taking all of these notes to England with him and having them thrown out by the cleaning staff. I won't go into his description of trying to dumpster dive for them...

He said these notecards not only contained plot elements and major events, but also a lot of dialogue that was all written when he first wrote the notecards and that he couldn't keep track of in his head years later. On another post he does mention that it was the notecards that contained the story in an organized way.

Early on, to expedite things, since it is such a clutter, I broke out each season at the very start of S1, putting each episode on a card in a black binder, which had two-sided sheets that held 10 cards per side.

I did this for all five seasons before we ever shot a frame of film on S1.
    So the notecards would probably be closest to his plan.

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    It's not even close. To say more would spoil it for you but what happened when I read it for the first time was that I got lulled and was thinking "Okay, yeah, there are some differences but not that .... say WHAT?! Suddenly it wasn't familiar at *all*.

You'll see.

Jan
    Holy Crap Jan! You were not kidding. I finally got my books yesterday and of course the treatment and arc were the 1st things I read. I was stunned for about 15 minutes. What a tragedy if that had been filmed and BP not picked up.

Leave a comment:

• Boo Gee
    replied
    Joe: Gracias. I'm amazed at how the story changed so much between seasons 1 & 2. JMS must has been one batshite insane rewriting fool when O'Hare left.

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    OK, to sort it all out, I think these are the outlines that have been referred to here and there:

1. There was a 200-page document that jms has never let anybody anywhere see. These were the original notes.
    2. There were notecards with breakdowns written for the planned episodes, including lines of dialogue and major plot points. No one has seen these either (I don't think anyway), and the first half of Season 5's ended up in a dumpster in Blackpool.
    3. There was a treatment to sell the show that had 11 short story ideas. This went to the studio.
    4. There was a document containing 22 episode synopses and details. This also went to the studio.
    5. There was a writer's bible which contained a couple of story points that were going to occur in Season 1 (such as "Londo will benefit from some Shadowmen intervention"). This went to the writers.
    6. This outline in Volume 15 was written after the pilot but before season 1 started. It already includes one change -- the one who framed Sinclair in the pilot in this outline was a Minbari of the Warrior Caste; and in the original screenplay he was a shapeshifter.
    Thanks Joe. This really cleared up the whole "original" issue for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X