Script Book #13 - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
    It's interesting to read the introduction to "The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father" in light of 'Sense8', with the page-and-a-half there on Joe thinking about doing a series on telepaths and how they would exist in society. I wonder how much of his ideas from back then are going in to that new show now!
    When we first got word of Sense8, this was also my thinking. There are definitely parallels. I will be intrigued to see how Sense8 ramps up as it goes, and do wonder if there will be large scale conflict looming on the horizon. It will be interesting to see if Whispers is the 'Bester' of Sense8.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
      When we first got word of Sense8, this was also my thinking. There are definitely parallels. I will be intrigued to see how Sense8 ramps up as it goes, and do wonder if there will be large scale conflict looming on the horizon. It will be interesting to see if Whispers is the 'Bester' of Sense8.
      Okay, I'll bite - what parallels? Given that from what we know so far, BPO is the antithesis of Psi Corps, then our cluster can't equate with rogue teeps. So what am I missing?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Okay, I'll bite - what parallels? Given that from what we know so far, BPO is the antithesis of Psi Corps, then our cluster can't equate with rogue teeps. So what am I missing?

Jan
        I'm being quite 'broad brush strokes' with the comparison. Just the 'otherness' vs. 'normal', is a theme we see in both Sense8 and with the telepaths in B5.

However, Sense8 seems to be more about empathy and interconnectedness, so perhaps that flies in the face of this particular comparison. In many ways the Sensates don't seem to pose a threat to anyone really, as there's no invasion of privacy as with teeps. I guess it's that bigger theme of 'what happens when people are intimately connected to one another?'

The only 'threat' I can fathom is that being a sensate could perhaps spread or become the norm for everyone? I have no idea how clusters are created or spread, although we get some heavy hints in S1. If being a sensate could become more widespread, the result would be to dispel hatred, division, war, killing, etc. So who does that threaten? One could postulate that it would be those who thrive on and gain from division and hatred, perhaps political bodies, the military industrial complex. I hope it's not that simple, as I'm slightly tired of fiction that simply does the 'goverments are baaaad / corporation are baaaad' thing. However I see no hints its going this way as a show! I hope it keeps exploring the human condition the way S1 did.

Okay, that response got slightly railroaded, but I had fun.

Comment

It'll be interesting to find out more of BPO's motives. Jonas postulated that being sensate may have been the way everybody was in the beginning and that not being sensate wast a mutation so it could just be that BPO likes it that way.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            It'll be interesting to find out more of BPO's motives. Jonas postulated that being sensate may have been the way everybody was in the beginning and that not being sensate wast a mutation so it could just be that BPO likes it that way.

Jan
            I am interested by the need to control the sensates and the justification for it too. They seem to pose little threat, but we don't really know the full scale of their powers yet!

Comment

Working...
            X