Book 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book 11

I just got an email that Book 11 is coming out on April 19th 2007 at 10 am PST. There's also a lottery for 50 of the Declaration of Principals. Hope someone can post the email here for me.

Edit: Lottery doen't mean free - just that they have 50 available for those who couldn't order them when they came out.
    Last edited by Spoo Junky; 04-10-2007, 11:38 AM.
    Flying around the room under my own power.

I just got my email:

Volume 11 will be released on Thursday, April 19 at 10am Pacific. We will send out an alert as soon as it's released.

Volume 11 features JMS' biggest introduction to date -- over 70 pages of JMS chronicling "what happened that fateful summer in 1997 when B5 endured the biggest terrestrial blast since Tunguska."

But the biggest surprise might be the inclusion of "Sleeping in Light."

Wait a minute. "Sleeping in Light?" In Volume 11? Why?

It will all be revealed on Thursday, April 19 at 10am.
    I'll post the info on the Declaration of Principles prints in the General Discussions forum.

Yippee!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

After such a long wait I can't believe the next volume is coming out already. Hope this trend continues for the last three. I'm so happy!

Comment

I was so excited to see the email in my inbox!

Comment

Hrm... Sleeping in Light is moved down?

Makes me wonder what is going in its place?

FP

Comment

As far as I can tell from the website, all that's happened is that the volume line-up is slightly different. Putting it where it is now places it in the order that it was filmed rather than the way it was shown.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot View Post
              Hrm... Sleeping in Light is moved down?

Makes me wonder what is going in its place?

FP
              It looks like they rippled the scripts they were planning for the other volumes to make room, but the number of scripts hasn't changed. Still, Vol. 14 appears to be mighty slim. Hopefully they add another Movie script.

Or even Memory of Shadows...

Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Kresche View Post
                It looks like they rippled the scripts they were planning for the other volumes to make room,
                Hmm ... hadn't really looked too far ahead on the site to see that. However, having SiL right after Rising Star makes sense. They are simply placing it into its position in the original airing sequence before S5 was renewed and, as JMS' intro stuff this issue seems set to deal with the renewal of the show on TNT it is logical to put it in there so that it can be looked at in its original context.
                The Optimist: The glass is half full
                The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Yes, really looking forward to it. I want these to come out fast, I really want to see Volume 15 badly.
                  http://card.mygamercard.net/Wicked%20Vorlon.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
                    They are simply placing it into its position in the original airing sequence before S5 was renewed and, as JMS' intro stuff this issue seems set to deal with the renewal of the show on TNT it is logical to put it in there so that it can be looked at in its original context.
                    Absolutely. A lot of the charm (and, indeed, the purpose) of these books has been to get into JMS' mindset as he was writing these scripts, so it makes sense that he would address SiL in this Volume along with the other scripts that were written during that period. Deal with it in the chronology of the writer rather than the chronology of the story. It also would have been a little difficult to read the intro to "Objects at Rest" -- when JMS was gearing up for two more movies and a new show -- and then having to go back and retread earlier events that were part of that time and surely would have been covered in prior Intros for the end of Season 4 (Season 5 not being a certainty, Claudia leaving, etc.). This is the perfect place to deal with SiL.

And I'm with you, Spoo Junky, it was a welcome surprise to see this come out so quickly. Here's to hoping the subsequent volumes come out in an equally swift fashion -- especially with the DVD coming out this summer...

Comment

The site is up and ready for ordering Vol. 11. Any coupons? I missed out on the $10 one last time cuz I was too excited and ordered right away.

Comment

Try GASHESWORLD
                        is a 5$ coupon valid through the 24th

Comment

Thanks! That little bit of saving helps with my exchange rate

Comment

yay!
                            ordered volume 11.
                            Phaze
                            on the "I've not opened volume ten yet what with having to flit between ballina and DUblin like a moth between two very bright lights" ID
                            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

It seems there are no working DES codes for $10.00 off this time. (I tried numbers into the 170's)

Save $5 off $20+
                              Code: GASHESKNOWN
                              Expires: April 20, 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X