Script books via Amazon POD -Scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that escalated fast.

Excuse me whilst I go buy some $250 script books...
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
      Excuse me whilst I go buy some $250 script books...
      NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!! It might be a scam!!! Please! Don't do it!!!

(Hopefully that'll reassure Tom that I'm doing as he thinks I should be)

"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Quit right too. Seeing how the books are STILL for sale. B5Books might need to consider hiring some better attorneys (cough).

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
          Quit right too. Seeing how the books are STILL for sale. B5Books might need to consider hiring some better attorneys (cough).
          So you know what the usual time is for takedowns now, Tom? Can I see your source for myself? I like to make sure I have an educated opinion and I've never dealt with Amazon's DCMA department.
          "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

So you know what the usual time is for takedowns now, Tom? Can I see your source for myself? I like to make sure I have an educated opinion and I've never dealt with Amazon's DCMA department.
            No I don’t and neither do you. So lets think about that for a sec . . . what does that mean?. . . Oh yeah, your thoughts/idea/opinion about how long it might/should take is no more valid or invalid than mine as we’re both in the same boat . . . Just at different ends. You at one end being a very active and long standing advocate for B5Books (as a former employee of theirs), me at the other . . . as just a fan with no current or former connections with them. I’m happy enough with that situation. . I hope you are to.
            Last edited by Triple F; 09-01-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

No I don’t and neither do you. So lets think about that for a sec . . . what does that mean?. . . Oh yeah, your thoughts/idea/opinion about how long it might/should take is no more valid or invalid than mine as we’re both in the same boat . . . Just at different ends.
              You misunderstand...again. I have NO opinion as to how long it's likely to take while you obviously do. That's why I *asked for information* that it seemed you had and I didn't.

Comment

Since the last post on here, jms has left a message on facebook about (you can’t make this up, given what was touched on earlier) unlicensed T-Shirts.

https://www.facebook.com/officialjms...8848?__tn__=-R
                Came across a SciFi Fans page here on facebook selling polo shirts with a shadow vessel silhouette over the words "What do you want?" So I posted a comment, saying that since they were using an image they didn't create, a line they didn't write, and a show they didn't license, surely they would want to donate 20% of what they make to the actors on the show, which is what any proper SciFi Fan would do. They then blocked me. I can't imagine why. Maybe folks would want to ask them.
                And B5Books have released a newsletter letting folks know that “Amazon” are discounting the B5 Encyclopaedia for 48 hours – down to $41 - while helpfully pointing out that some folks purchase them as an investment as others are selling them for $279 on ebay .. . . . . Oh I’ve just had an idea to make an easy grand, I’ll buy twenty B5 Encyclopaedias at $48 and and Oh ffs.

. . . . . . Still no word, or update, on who is/was authorising the POD script books appearing on Amazon at $240 though!
                Last edited by Triple F; 09-18-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

. . . . . . Still no word, or update, on who is/was authorising the POD script books appearing on Amazon at $240 though!
                  I don't understand why you think it's anybody's business except the ones involved? Why would fans be entitled to that sort of thing? My, you're certainly curious about other people's business, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I don't understand why you think it's anybody's business except the ones involved? Why would fans be entitled to that sort of thing? My, you're certainly curious about other people's business, aren't you?
                    I know JMS is aware and as Jaclyn said, it is definitely being investigated. Make no mistake, these are very well produced fakes.

I agree with Triple F that a short note to fans warning them not to buy these would be useful just in case people with cash to splash get caught out, rather than using it as a marketing tool.
                    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
                    X