Script Book #9 - September 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan
    Wow, you guys are quick! I've gone ahead and merged the two threads, FuryPilot, hope you don't mind.
    Not a problem. I'm kinda suprised that so many posts appeared before mine. Is there some policy on new thread moderation I never noticed before?

FP

Comment

No, anybody's welcome to start new threads any time. I just sometimes clean up a bit (and I was avoiding a work project, but no need to bring that up, right? ) if subjects are very similar. The last post before yours was dated 8/15.

This is the same thread that was named "Script Book #9 in August" that I just renamed. Yours was the first one posting about the new September date. I just figured that since we already had one thread about the delay of Volume #9, it made sense to stick with it.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

For anybody who missed it, this is the latest word from JMS about Volume 9:

Finally, I've cleared out a window of time so I can get the next B5
        script book out the door on schedule. It's the only thing that I've
        had any flexibility on in terms of deadlines, so it got pushed, but I'm
        now in a position to come up for air a bit.
        No date yet but he's got it on his radar.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Just to keep the info in the threads people are expecting, here's a bit from JMS's post last night in answer to Lee's question about the Trek script books:

Speaking of...I plan to get volume 9 done and up for the last week of this month. It's been kind of crazy of late, as noted earlier, but I'm
          coming into a smooth patch for a bit where I can catch up on that and
          some Marvel work.
          Guess we can start refreshing that scripts page again soon!
          Jan
          Last edited by Jan; 09-09-2006, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I was feeling a little desperate, so I wrote to Jaclyn:

Jaclyn,
            Do you have even a hint on when book 9 will be out? Just a little crumb of info? (I'll beg if I have to, but it's not a pretty sight.)
            Thanks for all you do,
            Karen Boe

And her answer!

Hi Karen,

We are in pre-production so it's in the works.

Best regards,
            Jaclyn
            Captain, Babylon 5 Scripts Team

Comment

Thanks for the update, Karen. I'm sure there are several steps that the Scripts Team needs to go through after they get the material from JMS. I read up a little about it on the CP site back when the project started and everything's up to the people publishing books except the actual printing.

Jan

Comment

I guess when they were coming out regularly I didn't have time to get antsy. I understand intellectually all of the very valid reasons that I have to wait, but my id or inner child or whatever says, "I want it now!" Luckily I have learned to control this aspect on my day to day interpersonal dealings. Sometimes.

Comment

Boy do I resemble THAT remark!

Jan

Comment

Just found this on www.babylon5scripts.com:

Volume 9
                    will be released
                    Friday, Sep 29 at
                    10:00am PST

Whoo-Hoo!!!

Jan

Comment

I second that Whoo Hoo!

Comment

I really should try and get furhter than volume 3 in my reading - half the volumes are still in the shrink-wrap for pity's sake.
                        Phaze
                        on the "of course I'll be buying volume 9 " ID
                        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout
                            I really should try and get furhter than volume 3 in my reading - half the volumes are still in the shrink-wrap for pity's sake.
                            Phaze
                            on the "of course I'll be buying volume 9 " ID

And I should try to get further than volume 3 in my *purchases*! But really, I just wanted the "last post by.." in every forum
                            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I don't do that in this forum , I mean with only six categories it's not really much of a chalalnge. If you are doing the "last post by" thing you have to remember that ll posts in such a thing must be on topic and well argued (And not just spitting vitrol).
                              In that vein it si now the 29th of September (Even on the west coast of the US) and therefore the clock is ticking. Since it comes out @ 10AM PST (or 8pm GMT) I'll be hovering near an internet enabled PC , or , if I have to, using my GPRS enabled phone to order the d*mn*d thing
                              Phaze
                              ont he "considering a post war here?" ID
                              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

I just placed my order for V9 at 9:30 and it was accepted and authorized.

I am very happy and now have to wait for delivery.

BTW the coupon DES135 does work.
                                Last edited by Joansie; 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM.
                                Joan

Comment

Working...
                                X