• Show
Clear All

• Radhil
    replied
    Also, recall the "BBQ Ribs" choice.

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    replied
    I don't think there was an abundance of modesty in the group. Remember, Pat Tallman gave the producers her underwear.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Thanks Jan.

Nice to know my pervert instinct was the correct one.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'm pretty sure they were unclothed. After all, with people who work together all the time, it'd be easy to guess who was who from the clothing.

I think it's going to be hard to top the pictures that found their way into Volume 7, that's for sure!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    OK- I've got a Breast/Butt Bowl question. Where these pictures clothed or unclothed??

My first inclination is that they were clothed, but then again, I know a load of actors/theatre types who wouldn't mind flashing some skin for a goofy thing like that.

Or maybe I just shouldn't read those intros so late at night...

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst
    I've been just reading the intros so far and yesterday read about the two WWE parts. JMS confirms that the spacesuit in Babylon Squared was borrowed from 2001 (or 2010 as he mentions in the Lurker's Guide?).
    I would assume that they're from 2010 and JMS was having a small brainfart moment. It has always been my understanding, which was reinforced during the publicity for 2010, that Kubrick had all the models, costumes, props, etc. for 2001 destroyed after the film wrapped as he didn't want them showing up in other, cheaper sci-fi films. (Much like the uniforms from Forbidden Planet showed up in another cheapie film whose name temporarily escapes me... )

Also, 2001 was produced in London, while 2010 was shot in LA, making it easier for a costume from that film to show up in an area costume rental agency.
    Last edited by frulad; 06-16-2006, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by SLerman
    Sinclair going back to the past leaves behind two, and Sheridan and Delenn having a son certainly qualifies as creating the one. Which leaves us with the question of JMS had in mind for "the next great story."
    I love that one. I recently 'spoiled' exactly that sequence for the moderated newsgroup. It does kind of explain why JMS didn't want to show David in Sleeping in Light and an excellent example of why JMS wouldn't allow a word to be changed without his approval.

Originally posted by nottenst
    I hope the info in Volume 15 makes that clear. Lots of good information all around.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that outline. All of Volume 15, actually. I'll be interested to see what folks think of the 'joke' script.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Wwe

I've been just reading the intros so far and yesterday read about the two WWE parts. JMS confirms that the spacesuit in Babylon Squared was borrowed from 2001 (or 2010 as he mentions in the Lurker's Guide?). He also again states that Sinclair was supposed to be there the whole series. Too bad he doesn't say how WWE would have worked that way. I hope the info in Volume 15 makes that clear. Lots of good information all around.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    replied
    If I remember correctly, when Delenn reformed the Gray Council, she left one spot open for "the one who is to come." I've read a few theories that this refers to David. Then I read this line in War Without End that got cut from the episode:

ZATHRAS
    You are the One who was... You are the One who is... You are the One who will be... And then the three will be two, and the two will create the one...

Sinclair going back to the past leaves behind two, and Sheridan and Delenn having a son certainly qualifies as creating the one. Which leaves us with the question of JMS had in mind for "the next great story."

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Well, my copy hasn't arrived yet, but since I have an incredioly hectic next five days or so, I'm sure it'll turn up in the mail this afternoon to sit on my kitchen table and taunt me...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    My copy just came in today, an I've only just glanced through it, but I enjoyed the opening intro, particularly the first part of the big-joke story, which presumably leads into his re-telling of the 'Exercise of Vital Powers' gag script. The first time I actually heard about it was when my wife and I were visiting Peter Jurasik and his wife, and Peter started telling us the story as though we should know about it. I was so amused by the incident that I eventually interviewed everybody involved for a TV Zone story some years back. And now all you get to hear JMS's version.

The story I was most interested in though, is in the intro to Walkabout. I remember Joe mentioning once in passing about getting badly beat up when he was young, but it was obvious he wasn't going to talk about it further, so I was really interested to hear about it in further detail.

Well, it's a little before midnight and I've just e-mailed the last of my three assignments for today, so now I get to sit down with a nice glass of wine and read the rest of it. Nice end to the day.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    I'm reading, but I'm not through the scripts yet.

Lyta's Lingerie has got to be the best setup I have ever seen.

Yeah, we've gotten the walking bits of the Walkabout story from him before. Midnight Nation claims those walks as it's main inspiration. But he's always been utterly mute on the reason he went walking. Honestly, I'm suprised he told as much as he did.

More... if I get to it.

Oh, the postcard sits on my bookshelf, in front of the script books. Hopefully it will remind me, when it needs to.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Well? Anybody gonna post how they like this volume? I know some of you have gotten it! Okay, I'll start.

First, what do y'all think of the postcard? What are you going to do with yours? For now, mine's a bookmark but I think I'm going to find someplace prominent where I see it daily just because it's a powerful message.

-the Body Parts Bowls, Lyta's Lingerie (panty liners sold separately?!?!) and JMS blushing. Hmmm...too bad I'll never see him in anything but JMS-mode. I'd love to see it.

-One of the major things I enjoy about these books is reading what JMS thought at the time. His uncertainty over how 'Interludes and Examinations' would be received, for instance. And darnit, he previewed it her in Orlando but it must have been the time before I saw him here for the first time.

-War Without End...I don't know...I've always found it easier to understand in the script order to the scenes rather than the final edit. Except for the ending scene in Part One where Sinclair explains to Delenn the "tradition" of asking if somebody's ready. I loved ending that one on a laugh.

-The personal story in the 'Walkabout' intro. We've seen parts of itbefore but reading it here hurt more somehow. I think it's a valuable point, though, that if he hadn't lived through all that, we'd never have gotten the stories that we have.

-Grey 17...Okay, it's official now. The dumb mistake with the steam shooting bullets is JMS's faul but the Zarg isn't. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

-And the Rock... I wish they hadn't cut the scenes that they did but it was an effective episode so I guess JMS knew best.

Anybody else reading yet?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    "Sleep causes cancer, everyone knows that!"- Neil, the Young Ones

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Book arrived!

Yippee! My book(s) arrived this afternoon! I even snuck a look at the pictures. It'll be interesting to hear about people's reaction to one of them. I barely glanced at the rest and laughed out loud twice so it's gonna be a fun read (yeah, as if the rest haven't been).

Unfortunately I'm at work so they're sitting there...waiting patiently for one more hour so that I can grab them and take them home and read all the introductions in one big gulp, hopefully before the 'Lost' season finale tonight.

Or I'll run short on sleep...sleep is so overrated, don't you think?

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X